Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Perspective.... - JM

Posted: Sep 27th, 2022 - 1:43 pm In Reply to: I agree with you. It has a lot to do with the mindset - of MTs and whether or not they

I think a lot of the attitude has to do with full time vs part time. I only do this part time, happy with it, not interested in anything else. My bills are paid. Now, if you enter this field expecting high turnout, high income, no....not happening. It's a perfect 2nd job or mom-job while kids are in school or to avoid daycare costs and that. Depends on what you're looking for. To me, this is perfect part time - prefer it over McDonald's any day. For folks wanting higher income, they could add on to their resume coding/billing and do both - transcription and medical billing Or add general and legal transcription. You can make as much money as you wish. Just depends on a person's needs and the effort exerted to make it happen. I agree with your mindset. They have been saying since 2000 that "transcription is dead" and it's 2022 - still here. It won't leave because clinical folks don't want it. They are not administrative and are the first to tell people that. Scribes, I think, will be a short-lived trend everywhere except ER. They might stay here because of the high number of patients seen nightly. Everywhere else...I just believe MT work will remain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)