Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No. MT is over. Forever. - sm

Posted: Oct 8th, 2022 - 3:28 pm In Reply to: I don't think MT is dead yet -Devil's Advocate - JM

I don't know how anyone makes a living in MT now. I've been doing this since 1987 and I still do it part-time as a side hustle. But I stopped being able to live on it 4-5 years ago. It amazes me that anyone can.

Now I do medical coding as my main job, still work from home, but work directly for a hospital. I can see both sides of it all now. Now, I comb through medical records for my job. And I can tell you for sure, no one cares how meticulously those commas are placed and how perfect it all looks. THEY DON'T CARE. They only care about whether or not it can be read by a reasonably intelligent healthcare professional and the billing department. I have read an entire first paragraph of a report that made zero sense. Pure nonsensical garbage. But I got what I needed in other paragraphs and lab results. It was terrible quality but the bills got paid and that's what matters most. Just as long as that final paragraph of "Diagnosis" is clear and concise, they don't care about anything else.

Now, of course, you're going to find a renegade doc who remembers when things looked tidy and professional (we have one of those, has his own real MT). But for the most part, the decisions aren't made by individual doctors, they are made by CEO's and VP's and medical record directors. These people all have 6 balls juggling in the air and the psychobabble from MTSO's about how everything HAS TO BE PERFECT is just alien thought to them. No, it has to be billable.

MT is over. Go into something else in medical records. You'll make more money and have job security.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)