Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

PF - ex-PFer

Posted: Dec 5th, 2018 - 9:30 am In Reply to:

Everyone has to make the choice that works best for them. If that is PF for you, then I am glad you have a job you like and can pay your bills.

For many considering making a change, though, they should know the good and bad. As I stated, PF is not the worst but certainly not the best. For some reason, they are insistent on sucking the life out of you with their rules. QA passes you once, then a different QA person dings you for the exact same thing the next time. No one, not one person, even the one who implemented it, could explain to me the basis for the rule of 6s other than to abbreviate the sentences even further. They trust the transcriptionist to drastically change what the doctor says but not to break up the ROS by system and put proper breaks dividing the systems? I don't get their management style. If they ever do away with the flexible schedule, I predict a mass exodus like they have never seen. IMO, it is the best thing about the job. Because of the way they manage, people deserve to know what they are getting involved with signing on there. Downloading multiple patient lists, doing certain amount of reports here, then there, then mandatory OT, and being denied PTO seemingly regularly because one other person is off. Benefits are decent. Pay is ok; I ended up making twice my PF salary going elsewhere, but have seen many jobs that pay less, so that is personal I guess.

They could implement VR very easily. In the past I worked with VR extensively, and the system "learns" how the trasncriptionist trains the text. For example, if the doctor always says "the patient came in today for" and the transcriptionist leaves that out after a set amount of times (my last job was 3 times) and just types "Presents for," then every time that doctor logs in to dictate and says the former phrase, the latter phrase is what would be typed. The terrible dictators? Their exams where they say the same things all the time would be preentered in. If some things need to be moved, then that is what the transcriptionist editing is for. The fewer transcriptionists "confusing" the system by typing a slight variation of the phrasing, the better the VR gets. That is why it is such a mess on a large scale like a hospital and why it would work so well at PF, with only 1 or 2 people "training" the text for each doctor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)