Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

PF - ex-PFer

Posted: Dec 5th, 2018 - 6:32 am In Reply to: I am absolutely stumped on this one - MT45

I worked there for many years before quitting when the last set of new guidelines designed to hinder production and then the "work on every center" policy kicked in.

IMO, there are 3 good things about PF. Flexible schedule, decent benefits if you need them, and above average pay.

If your only choice is between PF and a service like Nuance, then I would say PF is better, but for just about any other situation between PF and another direct employee at a private company, no way I'd pick PF.

The morale there is abysmal. I worked in a capacity near the end where I worked directly with several transcriptionists on a regular basis and am still in touch with several, and not one of them was happy after the new rules and then jumping around all day from center to center. When I started, everyone was responsible for their own center and they took pride in keeping it caught up. No more, they destroyed that sense of pride and that they mattered and made everyone feel like a number, a cog in a wheel.

Their way of transcribing is ridiculous. Having a set format, fine. Significantly altering what the doctor says in a medical record is not up to a transcriptionist to decide. It is all a ruse to slow down the transcriptionist. If they just typed what the doctor dictated, their QA team could be reduced significantly. I have asked more than 1 TL to interpret certain guidelines and have gotten different answers. Why is it they can't just type what the Dr. says?

Management there is so clueless. They have no idea how to run things in a way that keeps everyone happy and the work caught up. I felt like they purposefully wanted to tick people off.

If you, suit or PF transcriptionist, can explain the reason behind the rule of 6, splitting systems in the ROS just because you reached 6 words, then I'd like to hear it. What medical record have you ever seen that puts 6 words together as a total length a ROS can be, splitting the sentence mid-sentence/body system and starting over, even it if it just one word because you reached your 6-word limit? ABSURD!!!

Honestly, they insist voice rec could never be implemented there because of the way they do things. They have no idea how well that would actually work for them since the transcriptionist trains the voice rec. With only 1 or 2 transcriptionists input on a single center, the voice rec documents would be pretty consistent. They are absolutely clueless about how to run a transcription dept effectively. They could cut their trasnscription an QA staff in half if they implemented VR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)