Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I wish - sm

Posted: Nov 30th, 2018 - 9:51 pm In Reply to: Yes I proof. If you are connected to Nuance in any way - and you do not proof

I work for MM, and I wish I could like your post 100 times. I'm the OP and my work ethic is everything to me. To this day, I still proof because I want every single report to be perfect, as if it were a document being read in court. The day I no longer care about quality, that is the day I leave. I admit I have been on the verge of that in the past few years with conditions being what they've been off and on, but never quite there.

Thank you for your input. Sometimes I feel like I have all these years of experience that have enabled me to edit at the speed of light, but still with crummy dictators or audio, I wind up slowing down. It's not line count I struggle with, as long as there is work available, it is income, and that means being able to work at 400 LPH or more.

I just wonder if it is possible to do this and still pass audits with high scores, in other words, is it possible to be experienced, work on average accounts doing higher level work (operative reports, etc), some unfamiliar, proofread, and edit at 400 LPH or more? With proofing, I have never been able to get over 370.

But I agree 100%, work ethic is everything. I get audited all the time and I pass with scores of 100% the vast majority of the time. At MM, scores of 99.65% or higher are expected and audits are frequent. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is there anyone else out there who does this without proofing? I have not been able to do it, but if there is a way to increase productivity without sacrificing quality, I am interested.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)