Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Proofing reports - lmh1

Posted: Dec 1st, 2018 - 7:11 am In Reply to: I wish - sm

I can't imagine not proofreading reports. If you have been a patient and read your own reports, you would realize that it DOES make a difference. My father's report had a typo that listed bipolar as a diagnosis, which he was not. We had to fight every single doctor thereafter to convince them he was not bipolar. It is very difficult to get it off the chart once it is there. Anyway, I proofread at the end of each paragraph or section, rather than the whole report at once. I find I catch more and it goes quicker. Then I just scroll quickly through when the report is complete and scan for the other stuff, like headings, etc. I also turn on the grammar check that shows as you edit - this sometimes catches the wrong tense or extra words. Hope this helps. Please don't stop proofing. My personal chart is a mess but 1 report is outstanding - which had everything correct and I print that to take to appointments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)