Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Where I Worked - see msg

Posted: Nov 23rd, 2017 - 11:26 am In Reply to: HIPAA - Carson

Where I worked, we just signed a confidentiality form, after taking the HIPAA compliant test. There was no way to save anything to my computer, so that part wasn't an issue in terms of compliance.

But HIPAA compliance is a joke. I worked in medical records one time in a local imaging center, and at any time, I could have looked up reports on any of my neighbors I knew by name. I did not do that, but I sure could have. The wrong person would have.

Also, I'm about as sure as I'm sitting here that any clerical worker could get into my records where my PCP is. We also do e-mail through a portal there, and 9/10 times, someone who is not my PCP or a nurse answers my question, I'm sure through the provider's answer, but nonetheless, they've read my e-mail.

Also, my PCP is with a large group with offices all over the place. They are networked, and any of those offices have access to medical reports on individuals. In other words, I can go to any office in the "group" and they can pull up my records with my name and birth date.

Another privacy pet peeve of mine? The reception desk. You give out your name in front of the entire waiting room. Or, one time, the front computer was "down," so the person was on a computer a little farther away, and I had to shout my name. It wasn't that big of a deal to me (who cares), but that was definitely against HIPAA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)