Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Jay, you are truly representative of management - mtnMT

Posted: Jan 12th, 2017 - 8:28 pm In Reply to: Large healthcare systems hire consultants who... - Jay

I refuse! to feel sorry for companies who can only charge 12cents and so to make money they have to pay us the pittance of 4 cents. With what hospitals, clinic etc are saving by not having MLS as employees, the MTSO could charge a lot more (Plus NOT pay their management so much, can anyone say Nuance?) Plus hardly any of them offer benefits and it they do, the employee is paying quite a bit and/or the deductible is so high, you can never afford to see a doctor; in effect, catastrophic coverage only. Our profession has been nitpicked to death! No flexibility(though they say you can), verbatim only, but then you get dinged in QA, try to make a sentence make since and you are dinged because "he/she didn't say that", QA's who can't agree on what is correct, having pay CUT because of some silly noncritical error, my gosh, the list goes on and on. As MLS we will never "win" in our present situation. We will never make a "decent" wage again. AND we are expected to be grateful to have a job. I'm tired of being an IC and then being told I HAVE to work these hours, etc, being treated like an employee. Plus even as employee expected to sit by the computer waiting for work to come in, but then not paying us for covering our shift. It is a no -win situation for us any way you look at it. For those of us "older" MLS, say over 55, pray for retirement to come. Try to get another job? After 30+ years of being a transcriptionist, doing what? But then again, McD's does hire seniors and pays better, dishwashers pay better. And to think I went to school for this........

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)