Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

So, as a supervisor you fought with the service - KTMT

Posted: Jun 27th, 2016 - 3:38 pm In Reply to: SECOND GUESSING - NOMAN

about common sense mistakes and stupid things in reports and you were told that your account was a verbatim account. So my question is, who decided it should be verbatim? Obviously, you as the supervisor working at for the healthcare facility believed that the MTs should be using common sense and their brains as you were arguing with the service, then why weren't they? Why didn't the contract entered into with the MTSO reflect that the MTs could actually think?

My point is this, you as the supervisor at the hospital, the doctors at your hospital, the administrators at your hospital probably did not have any idea that the MTSO would be instructing their MTs to type "verbatim." Because the truth is that the physicians, administrators, and supervisors at the facilities we type for do not expect verbatim! They expect the MTs to use their knowledge and experience to help the dictators produce an accurate, coherent, and factual legal document.

The MTSOs are making these rules NOT the facilities who contract with the services! I know this to be a fact as I have worked as a transcription supervisor for a large teaching hospital for many years. I now work in the office for a smaller rural hospital. I have daily contact with the physicians who dictate and I can tell you the physicians do not give one lick about verbatim reports. They want their reports to sound good. They want the MT to help them out when they mispronounce or misspeak. Verbatim is a ridiculous concept that has cost the MT industry respect and credibility.

Shouldn't we as MTs be doing our jobs according to dictator preference and not to MTSO preference? I will NEVER work for a service again. I can promise you that. I will also NEVER own another copy of the BOS. The MTSOs and the ADHI (or whatever the heck they call themselves now) have run my profession into the ground and made us the laughing stock of the healthcare industry. It is reprehensible what they've done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)