Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Times they are a changing - it is not for me to question

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2016 - 12:20 am In Reply to: I agree with your boss. I know that the trend in MT - KTMT

Question: So this doc gives a patient’s age as 54, but the DOB in the ADT makes the patient 52. Can I just change it??
Answer: No! If a dictated age differs from the ADT-calculated age, replace the age with a QA marker in the text. No QA note is
needed, just a marker.

And you think its wise to ASSUME (we know what that stands for) aderpine means amlodipine. For all the OP knows, the past reports were done by someone who ASSUMED they knew the dictators meaning and they are incorrect as well.

You are fortunate in your job situation. With direct contact with the dictators and past reports that have been vetted, you may be allowed to make that judgment call. Most of us cannot and wisely so considering the potential for errors in past reports that are never caught or corrected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)