Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I agree with your boss. I know that the trend in MT - KTMT

Posted: Jun 27th, 2016 - 10:54 am In Reply to: You have to read this story- What would you have done? - Miracle MT

today is always verbatim, never guess, etc. MTs have become mindless idiots typing what they hear and absolutely NEVER thinking. I'm old school, been doing this a very long time. "Aderpine 10 mg" would have caused me to look at old reports and would have caused me to consider the patient's past medical history. I would have gone with amlodipine and I would not have second guessed myself. I do this all the time. I'm good at what I do. If I'm not confident, I will leave of blank. But I do allow myself to think and I'm usually right.

Having said that, where I work I sometimes type a NP who mispronounces drug names, general medical terms, and cannot put together a coherent sentence to save her life. She is a new grad who has been talked to about her shortcomings and she refuses to acknowledge she makes any mistakes. She has even added to my transcribed work and has misspelled her additions (she used the "verses" when she meant "versus"). She's an ego-maniacal idiot who won't let herself be helped. So as a result, I will blank her reports until they look like Swiss cheese not because I can't figure out what she's saying, but because of her arrogance. I refuse to help her. My boss knows I do this and supports me.

I'm sorry, but your boss is right. We are allowed to think. You knew that this NP meant amlodipine. It was obvious. The problem is that today's MTs are conditioned not to think EVER! But most of the dictators want us to think, to help them. They are busy people. Have confidence in yourself!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)