Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Lots of issues - Going on here

Posted: Jun 25th, 2016 - 11:52 pm In Reply to: You have to read this story- What would you have done? - Miracle MT

You're right about the NP. The negligence is covered up by those initials after her name. Also, you need to point out to someone in upper management that you spent 20 minutes trying to deal with the NP's negligence, time for which you will not be compensated because it isn't counted as production. You're also correct to not rely on prior charts that could contain erroneous information. You did everything right except for one thing: You didn't cover your own butt. If you know a chart is going to review for this type of situation, leave a note or send an email regarding the issue, the time you spent, and your reasons for refusing to rely on prior information that might be incorrect. Send a copy to the AMA. QA will punish you anyway, but at least the blanks can't be misconstrued in any way. I feel your pain and your anger, and I know you were doing your job correctly. This happens all the time and it sucks. I get harassed by QA all the time for not checking prior charts, but I am not paid hourly like they are. And I care 10 times more than they ever will about the integrity of the chart, as well as the patient behind the MRN. When a doctor says, "The patient was on a Neosporin drip," everyone thinks it's so cute. If I transcribed that, I would be terminated for a critical patient error. It's a sad and cruel way to earn a paycheck, that's for sure. Hit a pillow. Make voodoo dolls of the NP and the QA and stick a hundred pins in them. Eat chocolate. Hang in there. Take a breath. When your blood pressure settles down, then make your decision about staying or leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)