A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

patient was upset by the s/l *ma-loo* on the unit and has decreased sleep" NM TIA - gamt

Posted: May 24, 2012

x

Milieu? nm - MT55

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Milieu sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
the general hustle and bustle on the unit. Some patient's find it very intimidating and distracting, especially if they are new in the unit.

Similar Messages:

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

Decreased Work At The Q
Aug 25, 2010

1.  Combine the 2 largest companies .... a lot of MTs.   2.  Developing technology, such as Epic, leading to needing less MTs.  3.  Offshoring, for less; thus, losing accounts but not MTs. 4.  Summer vacation for many doctors resulting in less work after Buyout.     ...

Decreased Right Ventricular (s/l) *tor*ses* SM
Aug 31, 2010

Just FYI, he is definitly not saying "torsion." ...

Here's Why Our Pay Has Decreased So Drastically.
Sep 29, 2010

I originally posted this as a reply to another poster, but wanted to re-post it so that everyone could see and understand why our pay has decreased so drastically the past year.  This is an excerpt from notes to financial statements in MQ SEC filing obtained from www.faqs.org: "Cost of revenues decreased $4.0 million, or 7.5% to $49.8 million for the three months ended March 31, 2010 compared with $53.9 million for the three months ended March 31, 2009. This decrea ...

How Many Have Had Line Rates Decreased?
Oct 05, 2012

I heard that KS has recently reduced everyone's line rates by 1 cent and only pay a flat fee for radiology reports now. Which other MTSOs have done this? ...

Any Other SHDAs Notice Decreased ILP QA?
Aug 23, 2014

Since the transition, I have not gotten nearly as much ILP QA as I used to.  Not much in the way of US MTs either, but I expect that with their blank contest.  I have a feeling they have made ILP work only QA'd by ILPs now without the extra step through US QA.  If that is the case, there is going to be a lot more garbage reports going to the hospitals, especially considering ILP QA barely even look at reports before sending them on. ...

Decreased Wages, Increased LPH
Jan 07, 2015

In the past 4 years, my productivity requirements have risen 40 LPH, in 2014 our productivity bonus was taken away, now in 2015 our passing QA scores have been increased.    I feel sorry for anyone entering the MT field these days.    ...

Decreased Breath Sounds At Right Base With (s/) E:A Changes...?
Aug 07, 2011

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! ...

What Would You Do, Pay Decreased When Company Changed Hands
Mar 30, 2012

I was working for a company that got bought out by another company and the client I was typing for was paying 12 cents a line, now the new company will only give me 7.5 cents a line for the same client.  This client is ESL and very hard to learn and his files are always 10+ minutes each.  They told me I would eventually get 10 cents for him, but that was almost 6 months ago and still only get 7.5.  I have asked for a raise to at least 8 cents and they denied me.  What would y ...

S/l No Leg Stim Unit
Nov 12, 2009

Left-sided L2-L5 medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy.  s/l no leg stim unit, 3 mV, good medial branch stim, 3 burns at each location . ...

Kens Unit
Mar 10, 2010

The patient relates that this area is tender from time to time and bothersome with her _______ unit.  (Kens???) ...

ARRGGGGGGHHH!! I Am So Upset! Sm
Apr 28, 2010

This new account we have been given (which I heard was sent back from bad ILP work) is absolutely impossible!  Yes I am in the south...   I will not say even the letter because already i had my posts deleted for putting it (even though others are putting it and not getting deleted).  Yes I feel I am being singled out for whupping.!!!   Now today I get reports back that have obviously been abandoned because no one else can possibly do this (among many hundreds same n ...

Unit Secretary
May 22, 2010

I am thinking about applying for a unit secretary position at a local hospital.  Hours are 7-3:30, full time, Monday through Friday.  Not sure about the pay scale yet.   Has anyone here worked in that capacity?  I think my medical terminology knowledge would be useful.   I am concerned about future employment in the MT field, especially the declining wage structure.     ...

Step-down Unit
Nov 12, 2010

Is 'step-down unit' capitalized? ...

Management Upset
Mar 14, 2011

goodness gracious ...

So Upset Over FIESA
May 30, 2012

So over this report card.  I don't have to pend anything anymore unless of course it needs to be pended, but today due to low work got stuck on new acct which I had never typed and very first report could not understand what he said (only said 5 words); could not locate any prior reports to look at, went in to pend (totally different looking then what I was used to - tried to IM my QC person who didn't respond so sent email and eventually had to download and now I go in and they s ...

Customers Upset
Aug 07, 2013

Doncha love the frantic emails about how the customers are upset with all the out of TAT work?  Seriously what does this company expect when they push people out the door in droves due to the lousy pay, mistreatment, unethical way they run things.  Karma baby.  ...

Step Down Unit???
Aug 22, 2013

Step Down Unit, Stepdown Unit, Step-Down Unit  and  is it even capitalized??? This is confusing.  I searched this, and it is written multiple different ways at hospitals and other sites.  Sometimes written in upper case, other times in lower case.  I found a "step-down therapy" in Stedman's, but nothing about a unit.   Is there a correct choice, or just type what appears to be the best option? Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks so very much. ...

MT To Unit Secretary?
Mar 18, 2014

I know some folks have gotten out of MT and gone into different positions in hospitals.  I see a few local jobs online for unit secretaries and scheduling clerks that require no other specialized training other than terminology, and i am wondering if anyone has gone that route, is it a big learning curve? did you feel in over your head? It would be so far out of my range of comfort (haven't worked outside for almost 10 years) and not to mention having to get a wardrobe (although scrub ...

Supervisor Upset
Jan 18, 2015

...because so many people are not making 99.5% accuracy in their audits.  Perhaps it is time to consider that whoever promised the client 99.5% accuracy has something quite strong in their medicine cabinet.  For years, the standard has been 98% and that is for a reason.  That number is possible with humans.  Machines sure can't deliver 99.5%; just ask anyone who has to correct the harebrained interpretations of SR, which never learns, by the way.  Do the doctors hav ...

Shouldn't I Be The One Upset?
Mar 19, 2015

When I send an email that states, "I am OOW on the following accounts: Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah.  I will check back later." Why do I get an email back saying, "Did you check Blah account?" Ummmmm, it is in the list I sent you...  TSMs are sending out their famous backlogs....THEY should know I am OOW, but I feel almost guilty telling them I am OOW.  I have had TSMs tell me that no one else was OOW on such and such a date. Ummmmm, it is likely they are on different accounts. ...

S/l PEEK Unit
Jun 03, 2015

dictated, "The incision was taken through the skin and subcutaneous tissues with the s/l PEEK unit down tot he fascial layer.   This is a knee revision arthroplasty.   ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

Kinda Upset, Would Like Input
Mar 25, 2012

I've been working in an office for only about 3 months now after about 12 years in-home transcription.  It's a busy office for a doctor who is kind of a "superstar" in his field and I love it.  Here's the thing...  it's a new practice, the entire staff has been here for less than a year and we don't all have hardly any PTO saved up (less than a year and all...) and the doc is going to be closing up the office for 2 weeks to go on vacation.  Several of ...

Unit Secretary Duties
Jul 19, 2012

Okay, AFAIK, a unit secretary is someone who works in a particular unit at a hospital, usually, and handles all sorts of duties. That much I know. But lately, some of the ads for this job seem to be adding on other duties that I didn't think a unit sec. had to know: CNA; monitor technician. So now you have to be trained as a CNA or take courses in telemetry to work as a unit secretary? ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

Why So Upset About Med Records Going OS? Your Financial Info,
Dec 22, 2010

someone know I had a runny nose than know what my financial status is. ...

S/l Arched Motor Unit Potentials
Jan 08, 2013

Activation shows *s/l arched* motor unit potentials, especially in the gastrocnemius muscles bilaterally. Hope someone else is awake at this ungodly hour to help me out. Thanks! ...

BayScribe Status Quo Today Despite Upset MTs
Dec 17, 2014

I see that there' no feedback on World Client from the meeting leaders regarding yesterday's heated teleconference discussion, just the usual "KEEP SMILING" (we AREN'T) cliche's and even a request for coverage commitments for the New Year's Day period.  I guess they're hoping if they don't deal with it, it will pass and we'll all go back to be good, mute boys and girls.  NOT.   I thought there would at least be a minimal response considerin ...