A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

hip ORIF using TTFN? Anyone know what the other T might stand for? - Maggie

Posted: Nov 30, 2010

Anyone ever heard TTFN in relation to a hip ORIF?  I know of TFN, as in trochanteric fixation nail, but have not heard this before and am unsure what the other 'T' stands for, or if she just mis-dictated.  I checked the archives but unfortunately all I come up with is the computer/text speak for Tigger's 'tata for now'- lol

TTFN - Hyper-typer

[ In Reply To ..]
titanium?

TTFN - KL

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this is the correct answer....

TTFN(Synthes Titanium Troch
Femur Nail, IMHS(Smith&Nephews Intermedullary Hip System)

Similar Messages:

ORIF Report
May 25, 2010

Hi.  I am doing an ORIF left ankle.  Fixation was carried out with two 4.0 partially threaded cancellous screws without complications.  The mortis was tested and noted to be stable.  There was no evidence of a _____ (sounds like simvismonic) injury.  Any ideas? ...

Ortho Help Ankle ORIF
Jul 02, 2010

Physical examination shows a minimal amount of swelling with a positive (s/l renkle) sign around the ankle.  He is pretty clear, but is very fast today. Thanks! ME     ...

Ortho Help - ORIF And Screws
Oct 29, 2010

X-ray examination shows an anatomical reduction of the tibial plateau with (2-6-5) screws in place in the subchondral bone. He is very, very clear - two, six, five screws.  How would you write this? Thanks! marel ...

Help With ORIF Procedure Prep
Apr 11, 2012

Once the manipulation was completed, the tourniquet was placed around the upper thigh and the left lower extremity was prepped with s/l prellgo/perlgo and draped in a sterile fashion.    Thanks! ...

Need Help Please, S/l P To A Screw For ORIF Of Ankle?
Jun 08, 2012

x ...

*ITS T-nail* From A Previous ORIF Of Hip
Sep 20, 2013

The patient had a previous ORIF with a *ITS T-nail* of the right hip for an intertrochanteric fracture.  I can't verify.  Thanks. ...

ORIF Surgery Term Help
Dec 06, 2013

Abdominal surgery/femur fracture fixation: "[_______] Homans were then placed over the anterior portion of the superior rami and mild amount of the rectus had to be elevated off to gain adequate visualization for reduction plate fixation" s/l spiked TIA ...

Screws Used For Ankle ORIF...
Feb 19, 2015

Sounds like the doc is saying "Holston" screws..... TIA. ...

Pt Had ORIF Performed With S/l Synthese HS1 Step One
Jan 13, 2011

x ...

ORIF Of A Left Hip Replacement Using S/l Scent-sis DHS
Dec 06, 2011

x ...

Pt Scheduled For Repeat ORIF Left Femur - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

Patient is now scheduled for repeat ORIF with replacement of femoral rod and tibial strut bone grafting with application of s/l dull-miles cables.  Thanks! ...

Pt Is S/p ORIF Right Distal Radius With Removal Of Hardware
Nov 12, 2014

and left carpal tunnel release. She is asking for Cad-i-mean cream. Thanks ...

Patient Is Scheduled For ORIF Right Hip. We Will Use S/l Dull-meyer Greater Trochanteric Clamp
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

What Does T&A Stand For? Or TNA?
Oct 16, 2009

This one's not on acronymfinder and I can't find it in my references.  A surgical procedure, T&A or TNA.  Thanks! ...

What Does The BOS Stand For?
Nov 09, 2009

nm   ...

What Does ASR Stand For? Nm
Jan 13, 2010

nm ...

What Does HON Stand For?
Apr 26, 2010

nm ...

What Does TTS Stand For? TIA Nm
May 13, 2010

nm ...

What Does PMI Stand For?
Jun 11, 2010

Doctor is dictating a history and physical and says:  "HEART:  PMI is nondisplaced.  Auscultation demonstrates regular rhythm."  What is PMI.  Never heard this one before! ...

Stand Up
Nov 11, 2010

I know supervisors are overworked also in this field, but I wish supervisors would stand up for their workers.  Start communicating w/your MTs/Editors and Go to your higher ups and enlighten them on a few things - simply relay information to them but first you have to get it.  It would benefit us both greatly. Everywhere I have worked, supervisors only communicate 1-way.  They don't seek input, return e-mails, etc.  I guess if your at home your out-of-site and ...

What Does TAA Stand For? I'm Trying To
Jun 15, 2011

look it up again.  Seems it has disappeared from the top of the MQ thread?  Maybe the program ended?  I'm wondering what the requirements are?  I'm sure you can't quit and receive benefits.  But what about being fired?     ...

What Does EVJ Stand For
Aug 16, 2011

what does EVJ stand for? regarding kidney stones, uropathy. i am sure it is the docs short version of something. any ideas? ...

What Does This Stand For?
Jan 06, 2012

DO Something. Stand Up For Yourselves And Others! LM
Jan 20, 2013

I know the job market for MTs is not like it used to be, but I am an ex hospital employee who lost her job to the big NuISance, too. If they continue to get good MTs for a pittance, they'll keep up their monopolystic tactics. In the time I worked for them, they ate up Transcend, WebMedEx, and Accentus (which was about the last company offering decent benefits, based in Canada). If they can't get good MTs, they'll have to mend their ways, but as long as their door keeps revolving, ...

What Does BOB Stand For?
Mar 23, 2013

Not an MM employee, but would love to know what BOB means. I know it has something to do with your job queue...TIA! ...

What Does NJA Stand For?
Apr 23, 2013

When you mention NJA, (saw it on Indeed.com), does anyone know what it stands for? ...

What Does QC Stand For?
Jan 10, 2014

Calcium acetate 1334 mg p.o. qc (or QC or q.c.) ...

Stand-by Pay
Nov 29, 2014

I think every MT who is subjected to sitting and waiting for work that is not there should be paid for stand-by time.  Who do these criminals think they are that they can continue to use people like pawns.  If absolutely everybody would submit an invoice for all the idle hours spent waiting for work, it would bankrupt them. ...

We Need To Stand Together.
May 28, 2015

Without us VR is worthless. We are valuable and deserve to be respected for our knowledge, talent, and experience and compensated fairly for this. The powers that be will succeed in cheating us of our ability to provide for families and our dignity, if we allow it. I am going back to school and getting out of it altogether after 23 years. I see no other way. Any suggestions? ...

Don't Be Afraid To Stand Up For Yourselves...
Dec 30, 2009

What has happened to us as an MT community.  Whenever someone speaks up with anything negative (but factual) about this so-called profession, there is always someone there to belittle the person, or give the old (my personal favorite) just shut up, take it, and LOVE it attitude.  We have absolutely NO  POWER left whatsoever? Is this true? Can this be  -  in our great country - are we just lying down and accepting all that is happening. We are allowing ourselves to go ba ...