A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tooth infection versus teeth infections - Shella

Posted: Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence: 

No teeth infection or

No tooth infections or

No teeth infections or

No tooth infection? 

When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister! 

Thank you.

What was actually dictated? Just wondering. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Dictated: No teeth infection - Shella

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks

I'd go with no teeth infections or no infected teeth. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Upper Respiratory Tract Type Infections With *carizor* Or Cough. Thanks. Nm
Jan 05, 2010

nm ...

Blue Tooth Headse
Sep 15, 2010

Does anybody use a blue tooth headset for MTing? Considering trying to use one and wondered how it worked. Thanks, any help is appreciated. ...

Pt With Tooth Abscess ..? Flocculence...sm
Oct 28, 2010

Patient had root canal and is now having swelling, maybe abscess.  For context:  Oropharynx does show swelling and erythema around the lower posterior tooth.  There is some s/l flocculence noted but no purulent drainage.  Thanks. ...

Caritic Teeth
Feb 17, 2011

The doctor has dictated "caritic teeth" but cannot find caritic.  Shouldn't it be "carious teeth"? ...

Spike Tooth And Bowie Knife
Feb 05, 2015

i am testing for a surgery account and how should spike tooth and bowie knife be typed.  Caps at all??? ...

No Erythema, No Increased S/l Teeth?
May 31, 2012

There isn't much to this dictation other than, "There is no erythema. There is no increased *s/l T or teeth*. Patient is having their knee examined. Clear speaker, but the T or teeth doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? TIA   ...

Is It Possible To Have A Doctor Dictate Via Blue Tooth In Room
Apr 12, 2015

Can a transcriptionist be in other room typing.  What type of equipment would be needed.   ...

I Swear This Doctor Is Brushing Her Teeth
Jan 26, 2013

or her dentures.  She is doing something with running water & brushing sounds & her voice gets all muffled.  I am waiting for her to spit, then I will know for sure. And in the background, the nurses are having a shriek fest.  ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

Transcend Is A Company In Crisis. I'd Give My Eye Teeth For
Apr 22, 2010

nm ...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction/ Doc Says For A Total Of 7 S/l Carpials (?) Of 1.7 Cc Each?
Sep 30, 2011

.. ...

Just Love That Clickity-clack Sound Against The Teeth
Apr 24, 2013

as the doctor pops a hard candy into his mouth before starting his dictation. I worked at hospital once where somebody in Medical Records thought they'd treat the doctors by putting a bowl of hard candy in the dictating room! I hope that's not the case with this current account as this is the second or third time recently that I've heard that clickity-clack and mouth swirling sound in recent days. ...

Infection
Feb 08, 2013

There has been no unexplained rashes or kidney/liver dysfunction.  There is no history of herpes, syphilis, or other s/l SEEN-US infection. ...

Infection Question
Oct 25, 2011

status-post debridement of the subacromial space and s/l pe-ack-nees infection?  Thank you. ...

Infection Word Help
Nov 22, 2013

"If the patient has an increase in the ESR and CRP off of antibiotics and they are not normal, we will perform a repeat shunt tap for opening pressure and again send CSF for culture. If the [_______] represents a true infection, __________ is an indolent infection meaning the patient would likely have those symptoms over time." Both blanks it sounds like "pee acne" infection. Patient is being treated for some kind of Bacter infection. ...

Severe Ear Infection Treatment
Apr 01, 2011

Need the drug name for what sounds like "Odreno cef 750" for treatment of severe ear infection.  ...

Pin Tract Or Pin Track Infection
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me which is the proper way to type "pin tract or pin track infection"? Thanks! ...

Chronic Tonsil Infection
Jul 10, 2012

She has (deforter) breathing and (epic) episodes per her mother. Help! ...

Monilial Infection Under The Breast..... Treat With
Jan 12, 2010

nm ...

Infection Around The Tracheostomy Site - Hypen?
May 14, 2010

Patient has chronic infection around his tracheotomy site, but he dictates it as "chronic Staph infection peri tracheal site." Should this be hyphenated? Smooshed together? Left seperated as above?   Thanks! ...

Respiratory (s/l) *sys-ti-tial* Viral Infection SM
Jul 14, 2010

I found the word "systitial" in parentheses in google, but I cannot verify it anywhere else.  THX ...

Sexually Transmitted Infection..please See Message
Oct 05, 2011

The patient recently was tested for all sexually transmitted infections, including s/l HFC-1 and 2.  TIA ...

I Wonder If This Might Have Been A Listerial Monocytogenes Type Of Bacterial Infection With A *rob*
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

D4 Antibiotic Treatment For Helicobacter Pylori Infection
Feb 13, 2010

MD states what sounds like, "She was given D4 antibiotic treatment but could not tolerate it on her stomach and after seven days stopped it."  This antibiotic tx was for Helicobacter pylori.  I can almost make myself think he is saying, "She was given the full abx tx but then the sentence would not really make sense, would it?  Can anyone help?  Dictating MD is a neurologist and referring is Internal Medicine.  Thanks!!! ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

Vitritis, Pupritis Or Retinitis? I Know He Is Talking About Pupil Infection But Cannot Find This Wo
Aug 08, 2013

? ...

S/l "shark Tooth Deformity"
Feb 24, 2011

Doc is doing an exam of patient's shoulder and says patient has a shark tooth deformity.  It really sounds like "shark tooth," but I'm wondering if this should be Charcot, though in researching it sounds like Charcot affects the lower limbs, not the shoulders. Any help with this would be very much appreciated. ...

S/l "endotracheal Tube 70 At 24 Of The Teeth"
Jun 30, 2010

Here's an excerpt to put the confusing line in context: "The airway was initially assessed by Dr. _____, who stated that it was not in the trachea.  After an airway was placed, endotracheal tube 70 at 24 of the teeth was placed.  He visualized it going through the trachea." I tried reading up on endotracheal tube placement procedures and whatnot to try to figure this out (seems like too many things are being placed in addition to the teeth thing), but perhaps my brain is too add ...

On Chemo. Complicated By S/l "a Mill I Ca" Bacteria Infection.
Jun 29, 2011

?? ...

Pseudomonas And "morzilla" Infection (nm)
Nov 17, 2009

x ...