A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt with tooth abscess ..? flocculence...sm - Eva

Posted: Oct 28, 2010

Patient had root canal and is now having swelling, maybe abscess. 

For context:  Oropharynx does show swelling and erythema around the lower posterior tooth.  There is some s/l flocculence noted but no purulent drainage. 

Thanks.

fluctuance - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Probably what she means but not what she's saying. nm - Thanks!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Ugh, I've got one who says the same when he obviously means fluctuance. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Blue Tooth Headse
Sep 15, 2010

Does anybody use a blue tooth headset for MTing? Considering trying to use one and wondered how it worked. Thanks, any help is appreciated. ...

Spike Tooth And Bowie Knife
Feb 05, 2015

i am testing for a surgery account and how should spike tooth and bowie knife be typed.  Caps at all??? ...

Pancreatic Abscess
Nov 18, 2009

He was worked up and found possible pancreatic abscess by interventional radiology and needle core biopsy, 5 cm s/l palopancreas resteron organized pneumonia, although they said it was too little to drain. Thanks for any help. ...

Issue Ano Abscess???
Jun 28, 2010

Aaaargh!  Dictator is repeating this phrase again and again, and I cannot get it!  He is either saying "issu-ano abscess" or "issu-anal abscess."  I wanna go to bed! :( ...

Abscess And Antibiotic
Sep 04, 2010

The patient is being seen in followup of s/l craniotomy bed abscess.  He remains on empiric antibiotic s/l faropueis. ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

Is It Possible To Have A Doctor Dictate Via Blue Tooth In Room
Apr 12, 2015

Can a transcriptionist be in other room typing.  What type of equipment would be needed.   ...

Alodontogenic Brain Abscess?
Mar 31, 2010

Cannot get a good sound on this.  Thanks for any help! ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

Stuck On Word, 'right ? Abscess"
Oct 19, 2011

Doctor dictates: " He eventually underwent exploratory laparotomy and right hemicolectomy for a right (s/l colonic) abscess of unknown etiology." The patient has a left tibial plateau fracture. It s/l colonic but it also sounds as if it has a 'q' at the start of the word. I cannot make it out, and all my research has turned up nothing that would fit. Please help anyone??? ...

Serology Test On Liver Abscess
Feb 21, 2014

patient has liver abscess and physician is asking for s/l 'ekanosis' serology and amoeba serology... ...

Abscess After Appendectomy S/l Marsen's Pouch
Mar 28, 2014

Sentence is "omentum inflamed, frank pus in (s/l Marsen's) pouch.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.  ...

Help, I Had A Day. Patient Has An Abscess With A Center Of (s/l Pruritic?) Material. Sm
Mar 16, 2011

I would not think this is correct because this means itchy.  He is definitely not saying pyopoietic.  I feel like I'm losing it....thanks. ...

S/l "shark Tooth Deformity"
Feb 24, 2011

Doc is doing an exam of patient's shoulder and says patient has a shark tooth deformity.  It really sounds like "shark tooth," but I'm wondering if this should be Charcot, though in researching it sounds like Charcot affects the lower limbs, not the shoulders. Any help with this would be very much appreciated. ...