A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

spike tooth and bowie knife - gracek

Posted: Feb 05, 2015

i am testing for a surgery account and how should spike tooth and bowie knife be typed.  Caps at all???

note sure on the spiked-toothed or spike tooth but perhaps Bovie knife - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

haha, a Bowie knife is a - pattern of fixed blade

[ In Reply To ..]
fighting knife first popularized by Jim Bowie in the early 19th century. What's this guy cutting up?

Similar Messages:

S/L Koker Knife
Jan 14, 2013

The menisci were removed with a S/L Koker knife??? ...

Blue Tooth Headse
Sep 15, 2010

Does anybody use a blue tooth headset for MTing? Considering trying to use one and wondered how it worked. Thanks, any help is appreciated. ...

Gamma Knife - Capitalized?
Jun 20, 2011

Is Gamma knife a brand name for a certain radiosurgery or is it just a type? Accordingly, how is it capitalized?  Thanks,  ...

Pt With Tooth Abscess ..? Flocculence...sm
Oct 28, 2010

Patient had root canal and is now having swelling, maybe abscess.  For context:  Oropharynx does show swelling and erythema around the lower posterior tooth.  There is some s/l flocculence noted but no purulent drainage.  Thanks. ...

Opthalmology - Paraport Knife??
Oct 20, 2011

S/l paraports were created and also using a paraport knife. It's a cataract op note. Thank you! ...

Knife For Laser Surgery/eyes
May 17, 2012

I have had this word a dozen times and every time I hear it, I get stuck again becuase it's hard to find - Tuk knife??  Tuke knife - took knife?  Sounds like "took," and is for laser surgery for the eyes.  Twenty years in this business and my mind is fried!  ...

Drug S/l Tri-a-po-da-lol PMH Of Seizure Disorder And Gamma Knife For
Jan 08, 2012

x ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

Is It Possible To Have A Doctor Dictate Via Blue Tooth In Room
Apr 12, 2015

Can a transcriptionist be in other room typing.  What type of equipment would be needed.   ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

S/l "shark Tooth Deformity"
Feb 24, 2011

Doc is doing an exam of patient's shoulder and says patient has a shark tooth deformity.  It really sounds like "shark tooth," but I'm wondering if this should be Charcot, though in researching it sounds like Charcot affects the lower limbs, not the shoulders. Any help with this would be very much appreciated. ...

S/l "whack" Knife
Mar 06, 2010

Excision was completed with a (s/l) *Whack* knife for fine detail.  (burn patient) ...