A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I swear this doctor is brushing her teeth - while she dictates

Posted: Jan 26, 2013

or her dentures.  She is doing something with running water & brushing sounds & her voice gets all muffled.  I am waiting for her to spit, then I will know for sure. And in the background, the nurses are having a shriek fest. 

Sorry you had to hear that... - but I am

[ In Reply To ..]
ROFLMAO reading it. Thanks for the laugh!

Similar Messages:

Start Brushing Up Those Essays
Apr 21, 2014

Got to get that $100 prize.  Oh boy!!!!  I'm not gonna bother. ...

Surgical: Bronchoscopy With S/l C Arm With Washing And Brushing And Biopsy
May 25, 2010

bronchoscopy with s/l C arm?  with washing, brushing, and biopsy.  This is under surgical history.  TIA!  ...

I Swear I Must Be Blacklisted.....
Sep 28, 2010

I have been an MT for 12 years and have a college degree, and I am having a hard time picking up another job right now.  In the past, I could come to this site and apply toi a few and get a job right away.  Not anymore.  I'm sure I'm not the only one but gosh this is depressing.  :( ...

Geesh! I Swear There Is A Promotion Every Day
May 13, 2010

nm ...

I Swear MQ's Asr Is Not Getting Any Of The Months Of The Year Right
Dec 17, 2010

:( ...

Caritic Teeth
Feb 17, 2011

The doctor has dictated "caritic teeth" but cannot find caritic.  Shouldn't it be "carious teeth"? ...

No Erythema, No Increased S/l Teeth?
May 31, 2012

There isn't much to this dictation other than, "There is no erythema. There is no increased *s/l T or teeth*. Patient is having their knee examined. Clear speaker, but the T or teeth doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? TIA   ...

I Swear They Make Up Words - Colicolic? Colecolic? What The Heck?
Sep 14, 2010

xxxxx ...

Transcend Is A Company In Crisis. I'd Give My Eye Teeth For
Apr 22, 2010

nm ...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction/ Doc Says For A Total Of 7 S/l Carpials (?) Of 1.7 Cc Each?
Sep 30, 2011

.. ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

Just Love That Clickity-clack Sound Against The Teeth
Apr 24, 2013

as the doctor pops a hard candy into his mouth before starting his dictation. I worked at hospital once where somebody in Medical Records thought they'd treat the doctors by putting a bowl of hard candy in the dictating room! I hope that's not the case with this current account as this is the second or third time recently that I've heard that clickity-clack and mouth swirling sound in recent days. ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

I Swear I Am Hearing "stay Sweet Protocol" And Nothing Else
May 10, 2015

section and this was not mentioned at all throughout the rest of the note prior to this time.    Has anyone heard of this?  Google was no help. ...

I Swear I Hear "ATF" Valve
Jul 10, 2012

Doc spells it very clearly as ATF valve. Could he mean ATS valve? I can't find anything on an ATF valve except for something to do with a car, so I know that's not it. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks so much! ...

S/l "endotracheal Tube 70 At 24 Of The Teeth"
Jun 30, 2010

Here's an excerpt to put the confusing line in context: "The airway was initially assessed by Dr. _____, who stated that it was not in the trachea.  After an airway was placed, endotracheal tube 70 at 24 of the teeth was placed.  He visualized it going through the trachea." I tried reading up on endotracheal tube placement procedures and whatnot to try to figure this out (seems like too many things are being placed in addition to the teeth thing), but perhaps my brain is too add ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

What About A Doctor's Responsibility?
Oct 20, 2009

I got in trouble today because I put a wrong patient.  The doctor dictated a billing number, name, and MRN.  The MRN was had a different patient, but the billing number and the patient name matched the ADT screen.  Not to mention the fact that he kept using "she" in the dictation and the MRN number matched a "he".  So logically one would just think he had the wrong MRN and I didn't want another QA submission so I sent it through with the correct billing number, name, and ...

Doctor's Address
Oct 31, 2009

I need the address for Dr. Jill Rue, family doc in Kentucky or southern indiana. thx ...

Having So Much Trouble With This Doctor......
Jan 18, 2010

No. 2 of his impression is: Acute pancreatitis with probable cysts.  Rule out pseudocyesis or superimposed candidiasis.  The fullness of the cul-de-sac may be secondary to ascites (s/l lofadet) gynecology problem.  HELP!!!!!!!! ...

Doctor-diagnosed Or Doctor Diagnosed?
Jan 27, 2010

Psychiatric Consultation under Review of past medical records... There's a list of 8 paragraphs that begin with "Doctor diagnosed... " and then a list of conditions that the patient had/has follows each. Would Doctor-diagnosed be hypenated in this case?  Thanks!   ...