A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The pt. has a left distal radius fracture and she is holding a "rule of bias" in that hand - jen

Posted: Feb 24, 2015

nm

Possibly removable brace ?? nm - PT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Could it be a "roll of gauze"? nm - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]

bias tape or bias binding is a narrow strip of fabric, cut on the bias - roll of bias?

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Having A Rough Morning. Distal Radius Fracture Question
Dec 22, 2009

We discussed alternative methods of treatment, other than the surgical option, which include but are not limited to, casting s/l "in situ/inside chew", closed reduction, without percutaneous or external fixation.  LOL, that is the best I can hear!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.    ...

Pt Is S/p ORIF Right Distal Radius With Removal Of Hardware
Nov 12, 2014

and left carpal tunnel release. She is asking for Cad-i-mean cream. Thanks ...

There Are S/l "steralhairs" At Growth Lines That Can Be Seen On The Distal Radius.
Aug 27, 2013

Thanks.  ...

S/l IND Of An Open Distal Phalanx Tuft Fracture
Nov 09, 2010

Working on an orthopaedics dictation for a marblemouth...trying to figure out what "IND" (could be IMB, INB but nothing seems to make sense) of an open distal phalanx tuft fracture... Anyone know the right abbreviation (and the meaning!) for this one?   Thanks - ...

S/l Ruptured Distal Empoolery, Left Ectopic Pregnancy
Nov 14, 2010

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:  Positive pregnancy test with abdominal pain.POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:  Ruptured distal  ___________, left ectopic pregnancy with  hemoperitoneum. ...

Dr. Says..An MR Study Is Performed To Rule Out Avascular Necrosis Of The Left Hip
Nov 23, 2009

Does he mean an MRI? ...

Left Hand Weakness Or Left-hand Weakness
Nov 02, 2012

I think my brain has fallen asleep...  Is it left hand weakness or left-hand weakness?   Thanks bunch!  ...

Left Hand Issue
Mar 26, 2014

Have been having a very aggravating issue lately with my left hand.  There is no pain, no numbness, no temperature change issues, but rather a lack of coordination in regards to my left hand pinky and ring fingers only.  When trying to put hands on home keys or use the pinky or ring finger they curl up and I almost have to physically straighten them.  Not sure if started overnight or gradually just gotten worse, but has defiitely been bad for a week or so.  Making me CRA ...

Really Hate When A Company's Left Hand Does Not Know
Jan 26, 2015

what the right is doing.  Scream for OT, but then find out I am still on 100% QA!!!  Well then DO NOT CALL ME FOR OT! ...

Talk About The Left Hand Not Knowing What The Right Is Doing...
Mar 02, 2015

I get an email from Nuisance saying they are hiring, to which I respond I have tried to start with them, but have been forgotten apparently.  Was told they would get back with me.  This was Thursday and still no word.  Yeah I think not!! ...

Tech Help - Making A Comma With The Left Hand
Sep 18, 2014

I could increase my speed a lot if I could find some way to make a comma with my left hand.  I'm using my right hand to control the ==> cursor, and I have an ESL dictator who never says "comma" and a POS speech recognition software that never puts in commas, so I have 25 commas per report to put in. Is there any way to designate comma (,) to another key?  I have a Microsoft ergometric keyboard.   Thanks. ...

S/l Weber A Fracture, Left Fibula
Aug 18, 2010

The diagnosis is: S/L Weber A fracture, left fibula I cannot document a Weber A. Any other s/l that it could be? Tia. ...

Left Proximal Humerus 'one Part' Fracture
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

He Sustained A Degloving Injury To The Left Dorsum Of His Hand, With *** Facia Over The Extensor Ten
Jun 30, 2011

I am not sure if he is saying "physical or visible" fascia.  Which makes more sense?  ...

Pt With Left Tibia Fracture. She Was Placed In A S/l Claw-ta-tion Splint, Which Did Not
Jun 20, 2013

x ...

Patient Had I&D To The Left Hand. Plan: Cultures Were Reviewed That Show A Scant Growth Of S/l
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Bias Procedure
May 13, 2010

The patient is status post Bias or BIAS procedure for cholecystitis.  The doctor spells it with at least a capital B.  I can't find any reference to it.  Thanks.  ...

"ankalaid" Fracture Of The Mid Left Clavicle
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know of something that sounds like "ankolaid" clavicle fracture?  ...

Ortho..left "fontazia" Fracture?
Aug 06, 2014

The patient is status post ORIF of a left s/l FONTAZIA fracture. TIA. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Type Of Hip Fracture That S/L Crural Neck Fracture
Dec 31, 2011

Doctor is dictating for a 90-year-old who sustained a hip fracture in a fall. Then, under assessment, it sounds like he says "Left crural neck fracture." I could assume he means femoral neck, as I never heard of crural neck. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. ...

Fractured Radius
Jan 30, 2010

Broke arm and would like to hear other MT's experience with same or similar...how long to type again, how long to productive speed, etc.  TIA. ...

Area Of Uj? Near The Radius Sm
Jun 09, 2011

His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself, but the s/l "area uj"  appears to be well preserved.  There is callous formation over the radius ...

Fibula Fracture Or Fibular Fracture
Jun 24, 2010

which is corect, per AAMT BOS? ...

Bone Deformity In Radius And Ulna
Apr 19, 2010

it s/l natalung's deformity. ...

Holding Work
Oct 17, 2009

NJA.....see this message first thing in the morning....throughout the day...all of a sudden work I had not seen for months appears and it is all LATE...priority reports that are old. Makes one think they are 'holding' work for some people! It was denied by my manager.  I have worked this account for 10 years - I know what I used to type and make a living at....but not now!      ...

Holding My Breath
Apr 05, 2013

Okay, the platform was down for a bit this morning but, other than that, I've had enough work for my 4-hour shift. Last week, I had 3 days where the work was light but now it seems to be back to normal. However, I haven't had anything from my 6 backup accts, -- don't know the reason. Now I'm paranoid and find that suspicous. I still don't know if I'm safe or not. Mgr is leaving soon, so maybe they're waiting to clean house in our region at that time. I ...

Holding Against A Person For Working With Different Services?
Dec 11, 2010

Who knows how the companies choose  and what they actually go by.  Too many services worked for?  One would not think so because they all know how cut-throat they are and how they treat the employees. Does anyone even know how they come up with this huge linecount and then only benefits if you produce huge numbers every single day, and now we have a new rate now that VR is in full swing.   Where are the guidelines?  They can give you pennies and you have to be happy ...

MTSO Holding Back Their Top Level MTs On Purpose.
Aug 02, 2011

This has been bothering me for many months now but I feel so stuck needing my benefits.  I can't change jobs because I rely on the medical insurance and can't afford Cobra while changing jobs.  I love working 3rd shift and my job gladly accomodates; however, I'm constantly sold short because I'm left being the only 3rd shift MT most nights, expected to check queue on 5 different account log-ins to monitor TATs and logging in and out accordingly.  Obviously thi ...

Macros Not Holding And Foot Pedal Program Not
Oct 25, 2012

I just recently upgrade to Windows 7 from XP.  I was wondering if there is something different I need to do in programming things or making macros. I have a macro I use to move around in documents.  I never had issues with building this in XP or it working.  BUT I have built it now four times.  It seems to work just fine till I reboot the computer and then it is lost.  Or today it seemed to work till I exited WORD2003 and then came back.  AND I finally got th ...