A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Holding my breath - Evelyn

Posted: Apr 05, 2013

Okay, the platform was down for a bit this morning but, other than that, I've had enough work for my 4-hour shift. Last week, I had 3 days where the work was light but now it seems to be back to normal. However, I haven't had anything from my 6 backup accts, -- don't know the reason. Now I'm paranoid and find that suspicous. I still don't know if I'm safe or not. Mgr is leaving soon, so maybe they're waiting to clean house in our region at that time. I wish someone would say I'm safe so I don't lose any more sleep. I agree with others that MModal's days are numbered. I don't think we trust them. I started with MedQuist 25 years ago, left for a bit and then was hired by a small company which was bought by MedQuist - ugh. I think they're out-sourcing us out of jobs. You would think that having mostly part-timers would work better for them as they wouldn't have to provide benefits. I don't understand at all.

Speaking of being bought out by MQ.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
is it not the most twisted thing that they buy up all these companies and then come these mass firings a short while later? That just isn't sitting well with me. Well, none of this is sitting well with me of course. They just don't value us as MTs, and that really infuriates me. They wouldn't be getting their 6 figure salaries were it not for medical transcription, and there would be no transcription produced without Medical Transcriptionists!! *scream*

Response to Speaking of being bought out by MQ - KyraK

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit.......

Of course they don't value you - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
To them you're just a typing bot, not a human. What was once MQ has ruined many a good career for many a good person.

Similar Messages:

Shortness Of Breath Or
Oct 18, 2012

s/l pordynia. The patient denies any shortness of breath or "pordynia". Thanks,   ...

Holding Work
Oct 17, 2009

NJA.....see this message first thing in the morning....throughout the day...all of a sudden work I had not seen for months appears and it is all LATE...priority reports that are old. Makes one think they are 'holding' work for some people! It was denied by my manager.  I have worked this account for 10 years - I know what I used to type and make a living at....but not now!      ...

Full Breath Of The Distal Tendon?/sm
Jun 03, 2011

It appears to extend across the full breath of the distal tendon. Is that correct. ...

Decreased Breath Sounds At Right Base With (s/) E:A Changes...?
Aug 07, 2011

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! ...

Do These Nut Cases Who Dictate Not Realize It's Okay To Take A Breath
Nov 11, 2011

before they finish a 10-minute dictation.  But, by all means, let's not say anything to them.  After all, they're doctors, residents, PAs, and they don't get up and put their pants on like everybody else.  Forget the poor people on the other end trying to make sense out of the nonsense they spew out of their mouths.  That's my vent for the day!  Now maybe I will feel better! ...

Holding Against A Person For Working With Different Services?
Dec 11, 2010

Who knows how the companies choose  and what they actually go by.  Too many services worked for?  One would not think so because they all know how cut-throat they are and how they treat the employees. Does anyone even know how they come up with this huge linecount and then only benefits if you produce huge numbers every single day, and now we have a new rate now that VR is in full swing.   Where are the guidelines?  They can give you pennies and you have to be happy ...

MTSO Holding Back Their Top Level MTs On Purpose.
Aug 02, 2011

This has been bothering me for many months now but I feel so stuck needing my benefits.  I can't change jobs because I rely on the medical insurance and can't afford Cobra while changing jobs.  I love working 3rd shift and my job gladly accomodates; however, I'm constantly sold short because I'm left being the only 3rd shift MT most nights, expected to check queue on 5 different account log-ins to monitor TATs and logging in and out accordingly.  Obviously thi ...

Macros Not Holding And Foot Pedal Program Not
Oct 25, 2012

I just recently upgrade to Windows 7 from XP.  I was wondering if there is something different I need to do in programming things or making macros. I have a macro I use to move around in documents.  I never had issues with building this in XP or it working.  BUT I have built it now four times.  It seems to work just fine till I reboot the computer and then it is lost.  Or today it seemed to work till I exited WORD2003 and then came back.  AND I finally got th ...

How Do You Report A Company Holding EMPLOYEES To 7 Day Weeks, W/o OT?
Jan 17, 2013

need advice. ...

History Of Breath Sick At Cancer, Status Post Mastectomy.
Jul 31, 2010

Pt Has A Foil Nail In Place That Is Holding Open His S/l Ep-i-nee-quel
Aug 31, 2011

x ...

Review Of Systems Says Shortness Of Breath, "EOE", Claudication, Chest Pain
Jan 11, 2010

Review of systems:  Shortness of breath, "EOE", claudication, chest pain ...

The Pt. Has A Left Distal Radius Fracture And She Is Holding A "rule Of Bias" In That Hand
Feb 24, 2015

nm ...

Drug S/l "zeroxalin" 10 Mg. To Help Breath Better.
Dec 04, 2009

Anyone know this drug? Thanks, Abby ...

H&H Is Holding Steady At "10-8 And 33-1" ??
Oct 29, 2009

Is that how I would write the values out?  ...

So Now Holding Our "leave"
Jun 23, 2015

From TSA: Schedule Swap Request:  When you place a Schedule Swap Request, I will either approve or deny this request, depending on our coverage.  You will be more likely to get this approved rather than a Leave Request, because the use of this function means that you will be making up your hours.  After the approval of this request, you would then go to the swap board and pick up shifts to make up your hours.   ...

PE Lung Exam "Lung Clear. No ??? Breath Sounds."
Dec 18, 2010

I know I should know this but I can't get it to come to the front of my brain.... Under the PE the doc says:  "Lungs clear. No s/l litigious breath sounds." I know it isn't "litigious" but that's what it sounds like. please please help ...