A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SENTENCE BEGINS WITH NUMBER - ten nine eight

Posted: Jun 24, 2010

So, we're not suppose to put a number (1, 2, 3,...) at the beginnng of a sentence.  How then, should I type out:

(HEADINGS)

ESTIMATED BLOOD LOSS:  300 cc.

DRESSINGS: 4 x 8.   

Help please!  Thanks! 

just like you have it - is fine

[ In Reply To ..]
The numbers do not begin a sentence; they are preceded by a colon.

Similar Messages:

Starting A Sentence With A Number
Oct 19, 2011

If a sentence starts with "12 mm" and I cannot change anything around would I start with "Twelve mm" or should I spell out mm also? ...

Did They Change The Rule About Not Starting A Sentence With A Number?
Jul 15, 2011

I'm just curious as I'm seeing it constantly now.  For decades, I have always been trained and told never to start a sentence with a number and to spell it out or add something like the work A or The like: The 20-year-old patient... instead of:  20-year-old patient...  I've been correcting it, but since I'm seeing it all the time, I'm wondering if this rule isn't followed anymore and, if this rule is still in place, they need to start training these ...

Beginning A Physical Exam Sentence With A Number
May 03, 2012

I have transcribed: PELVIC EXAM: Fourteen to sixteen week size mobile uterus. Is it correct to have spelled out the numbers since it begins the sentence? ...

In The Sentence: "Step 2 Heart Healthy Diet." Should The 2 Be Arabic Number 2 Or A Roman
Jun 03, 2011

In the sentence: "Step 2 heart healthy diet."  Should the 2 be Arabic number 2 or a Roman numeral II? ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

Pick A Report Number Any Number
Apr 29, 2015

doesn't matter to you, the MT will fix it. So what it takes MY time, so what it throws me off when I'm half way through the report and realize I may have it wrong and have to leave the screen, relisten to the beginning of the dictation, and change it..What do you care doc? you make a crap ton more money than I do, so obviously your time is more important.. ...

MDI - And So It Begins!
Jan 20, 2010

Got the emails today about the changes in management.  I can't say that was much of a surprise.  However, for one of my accounts I got an email saying that from now on the dictation for this particular account is going from the hospital to BeyondTXT to Bayscribe.  I can't see the logic in adding that step unless they want to phase Bayscribe out of that account and get it on BeyondTXT and its VR.  Despite whether that turns out to be the case or not, it's so sad ...

So It Begins
Mar 15, 2010

Monday morning -- NJA.  Not a good sign.  Just wanted everyone to know that I am NOT lazy and AM TRYING to work my schedule so I can make a living!!!  Awfully hard.  ...

And So It Begins ... Sm
Jun 15, 2011

Last 6-7 audits have been 99-100%.   New "rule" of 99% effective June 1.  Today's audit from June 7-14 shows a CRITICAL error. So it only took ONE week for the *$#*!) to begin.  Looks like it will be bye-bye for me soon.  So sad Q feels the need to drag out and torture hard-working, underpaid people psychologically first.  Total bunch of gutless wonders ! ...

And It Begins.
Aug 02, 2014

Thanks Fluency helper pools in India and Korea.  I don't need to work.  Of course not, they  pay me too much, right? ...

When Does The Payperiod Begins And End At MQ. I Am
Nov 24, 2009

TIA. ...

Another Great Day At OTI Begins -- 5 A.m. And NJA. Nm
Jan 29, 2014

s ...

The Countdown Begins
Feb 04, 2014

I have hopefully purchased my last Shorthand license.  I was planning on buying the 6-month but went with the 1-year just in case but will not be renewing it after that.  I am hoping by August to finally quit.  I need to spend the next week or 2 developing a list of goals and prioritizing that list (because there could always be something else to add and keeping me from quitting).  One thing will be really stocking up the pantry, etc.  The biggest hang-up right now is ho ...

Today's The Day, And So It Begins ... 99.7%
Apr 01, 2014

NM ...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. The NJA Begins..
Nov 25, 2010

Of course i knew it would be this way, so have a Blessed Thanksgiving.  If you are like me you will try off and on to work (as Thursday is my 6 hour day), but it's gonna be okay.  My computer is in the dining room anywho.... (yes, I misspelled it purposely).   Gobble, Gobble, Gobble up all the Hugs and Kisses and Love you can, the only thing this Season can guarantee no weight gain.  The only thing gained is the JOY in your soul... ...

Now Begins The Week Of Waiting
Mar 16, 2014

I don't know about others but I will probably be checking my email every 5 minutes starting about Tuesday. I wonder if they will send an email to those who don't make the cut. ...

Can Someone Tell Me When TransTech Pay Period Begins And Ends
Jul 30, 2010

nm ...

Mashup Begins, Integrating The Operations
Apr 07, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2011/4/7/medquist_mashup_begins_company_now_officially_nashville_based ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Due For Number Four Chemo? Is Number Four Right Or Should It Be Number-4 Chemo? Also,
Aug 08, 2013

what's the rule for dates?  Should it be 05/25/2014 or May 25, 2014?  Thanks. ...

Number
Apr 13, 2011

How would you type this?  Dictator says WBC count 50,000 point 60 ...

NJA Ticket Number
Dec 02, 2009

Is anyone else having a problem with support getting a ticket number when out of work?  Four days running I have requested a ticket and its like pulling teeth to get one--didn't used to be like that.  Any thoughts. ...

Tylenol Number 3
Dec 11, 2009

Can someone please tell me how exactly this drug is typed out? #3, number 3, No. 3, etc? Or does it matter? thanks. ...

How Would You Write This Number?
Mar 11, 2010

The doctor is dictating a white count number  and he distinctly says "Thirty-eight thousand point 4."  (The patient has CLL).  How would you write this number?  My guess is 38,000.4 ...

Number 7.0 Thousand?
Apr 29, 2010

The doctor is dictating a number that he states as "7.0 thousand."  How would you type this?  My idea is that should be 7.0000.  ...

Set Number Of Reports
Jul 29, 2010

Something new I have noticed about several different companies is how they give you a set limit of reports when first starting out...Anyway, we are paid based on production.  How is someone supposed to live on say 10 reports a day for 2 weeks?  To me, I find that to be very insulting, and needing to pay my bills, it's just not something I could do.  It would be similar to someone who is being paid by the hour being limited to 3 hours a day in their first 2 weeks of their new ...

Can I Get A Ticket Number
Aug 03, 2010

I put in a PTO request a month ago for a single day this week and have yet to hear from my CCM.  I've e-mailed her a total of 3 times about this, but have not yet heard anything either in e-mail or on Schedule Source.  Maybe the technical staff could get hold of her, or maybe I'd get fired for using the new ticket system inappropriately? ...

800 Number For Dictation
Jun 13, 2011

Does anyone use a good 800 service for multiple dictators (5-10)?  Wading through the info on the web is really confusing so I figured I would go with a referral. TIA.     ...

If Someone Says That BMP Is Always A Single Number Value
May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong? ...

Last Day Together Into Webclock With New PIN Number
Dec 22, 2012

I still have not been able to get into the correct window to select my pin number. I called the solution center and he told me to call another department to help. Of course they aren't even open today. Is anyone else getting as desperate as me? ...