A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doctor dictating see patient back peripherally. - mtadams

Posted: May 29, 2014

Doctor repeatedly dictates at end of her office  notes will see patient back peripherally.  When asked about this, she says yes, that is what she means to say.  Has anyone heard of "PERIPHERALLY" used in this manner in dictation?  If so, what does this mean because I cannot verify this as being correct.  Thanks :)

google is good, google is God. - definition inside.

[ In Reply To ..]
Peripherally dictionary definition | peripherally defined

www.yourdictionary.com/peripherally

Peripherally is defined as something on the outside or only slightly connected with the subject.

Make sense?

If that is what she says she wants - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
that is what you give her. You don't get to decide what she wants, she does.

Similar Messages:

OK I Have A Doctor Dictating A Re-dictation
Mar 14, 2012

I distinctly remember doing the original dictation a few weeks back...Now I have to wonder if I got paid for that job...How do they get lost? this was a unique kind of report so there is no doubt in my mind it was transcribed and sent through... ...

Lousy Dictating Doctor
Sep 01, 2012

Why do we get berated when the doctor is known to be a mumbler and you know he knows what he is doing? This guy CONSTANTLY has blanks in his reports, no accent, no excuse.  He's just lazy and doesn't care.  I wish there was a way of issuing fines for these doctors when they get these many blanks in their reports.  You'd think it would be some sort of legal issue since the reports are basically incomplete.  Just a thought. ...

Dear Dictating Doctor...
Jul 18, 2013

Dear dictating doctor, if you can't speak Engilish, please do not waste my time or yours.   Thank you.    I really feeling making a macro of this and putting at the end of every impossible ESL dictating doctor. Seriously, what are some docs thinking?  Can't come up with words, sentance structure horrible, changing mind every sentance.   Please, I implore..GET SOMEONE TO DICTATE FOR FOR YOU!!!!!!! ...

Hey Doctor, Why Not Just Eat Lunch While You're Dictating!
Sep 14, 2014

Yeah! - kill two birds with one stone.  Chew that food thoroughly too, roll it around in your mouth with your mouth open and smack up that taste, then swallow hard while pronouncing a crucial word.   I hate you!! ...

How Do You Report A Doctor For Dictating On A Cell Phone?
Jan 04, 2010

He's been told and told not to do this and he still does it.  Isn't that  HIPAA violation, since cell phones are not secure? ...

Doctor Is Dictating Quick-Tape Cast
Jun 21, 2010

Doctor is dictating Quick-Tape cast.  Is it Quick-Tape cast, quick-tape cast, or Quik-Tape cast?  Cannnot document any of these.  TIA for any help. ...

Patient With Sarcoidosis. He Is On Medrol (s/l He Is Dictating 16 And 4 Mg Every Other Day.) SM
Nov 28, 2009

Could this be correct 16 and 4 mg.. or do you think he might have just started saying 16 and corrected himself and said 4 mg??? Thanks guys!! ...

Got A Doc Here Laughing As She Is Dictating Re: Patient's Ailments
Apr 30, 2013

How unprofessional can you get? Poor guy has eczematous plaques on his butt. That's funny? ...

Help! Patient Had Head Trauma A Year Ago And Doc Is Dictating A Follow-up (sm)
Oct 03, 2014

Patient had a FU MRI scan of the brain showing "possible punctate area of signal loss in the (s/l greater archeal) imaging."  I was thinking "radionuclide" but not so sure about this!  Thanks for any help! ...

This Patient Better Find A New Doctor.
Dec 05, 2013

to a basketball shockwave lithotripsy.  Must be for those pesky basketball sized stones.  Way to go VR! ...

Doctor Is Dictating MR SPECT, Should SPECT Be Capitalized? TIA (nm)
Dec 28, 2011

xx ...

I Am A Patient And A Part-time Of Employee Of The Same Doctor.
Dec 02, 2009

I have three jobs.  One full time, a part-time and a part-time (done only once a month). The once a month job is for done for my pcp (doctor).  I no longer have need for the job.  I hate to tell my own physician I no longer want to work for him because I feel as a patient he will not treat me the same.  Never mix business with business.  What can I do? ...

The Doctor States To The Patient That Carpal Tunnel Is Not
May 26, 2015

I would like to know exactly where else you would get it from when you're doing 8 hours a day, 5 days a week full-time job for one company for the past 20+ years. No outside of work hobbies or activities to cause it according to patient. This is workers comp law, according to the doctor.   I'm unsure if it's that particular state where the patient resides, but if I were working 40 hours a week at the same job for many years and develop carpal or anything similar, you b ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient With Low Back Pain
Feb 02, 2012

She has 5/5 strength throughout the bilateral lower extremities with hip flexion, knee flexion and extension, ankle dorsiflexion and plantar flexion as well as extension of the hallux. Sensation is intact to light touch throughout except over the anterior aspect of her shin. She has a symmetrical 2+ Achilles and patellar reflexes. She has no evidence of clonus. She has a questionable s/l ** men-i-ski  reflex. She has palpable DP and PT pulses. Thanks for any help!!  :) ...

The Patient Has Had 4 Back Surgeries Using S/l Shrader Pin
Sep 28, 2011

xx ...

Patient Had A S/l Focus On His Back That Needed Drained. TIA Nm
Nov 29, 2009

xx ...

S/l ___plasia On The Back Of The Throat. Patient With Flu-like Symptoms
Jun 23, 2010

NM ...

Patient With Hip Pain, Post Op For Back Surgeries
Jan 17, 2013

"Pictures of hip were performed and brought in by the patient. They were read as normal, but on my review there is an ***** cyst "(sounds like asitaviner!) any ideas? ...

Patient With Back, Neck And Shoulder Pain. Negative
Mar 15, 2011

x ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...

Dictating Out Of Order
Dec 07, 2009

This is driving me crazy!  My main account has several docs that dictate their review of systems and PE out of body system order, like instead of the neck head down, they dictate the abdomen or extremities first.  ...

Okay, I Have A New Resident Dictating A
Jul 02, 2010

3-day hopsital stay discharge summary.  It is 30 minutes long.  This going to be fun.  ...

YAWNING AND DICTATING
Jul 13, 2010

I very seldom vent or complain, but it has just got to me today.  This surgeon does such good dictation, EXCEPT when he yawns and continues to dictate.  How in the world does he think we can understand him when he does this.  It is not a little yawn either.  It almost makes me shutter when he does it.  I am sorry, I just had to finally vent after listening to him for 10 years. ...