A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dental surgery term - HELP

Posted: Feb 04, 2014

It is for a broken mandible: "A "blue cheese" retractor was placed to aid visualization." TIA

Dental surgery term - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, hate dental reports. All I could find was BlueSeal cheeck retractor to aid visualization

That may be it. Thanks!! - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

Has Anyone Transcribed Oral Dental Surgery Reports And If So,
Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments. ...

Dental Surgery - A *noctdramis*? *knocked Ramus*?
Dec 16, 2013

A small round diamond was used to equilibrate teeth numbers 3, 5, 13, 22, 20, and 29.  The area was again debrided and irrigated.  A *noctdramis*? *knocked ramus*? retractor was used to expose the anterior ascending ramus and a curved Kocher was used for retraction.   ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

Dental Surgery: "A Blue 'shof-ee' Plate Was Then Fitted To The Area And Put In Place&
Nov 04, 2010

Dental surgery: "A blue 'shof-ee' plate was then fitted to the area and put in place" (after IMF) ...

Shoulder Surgery Term
May 18, 2011

Dictated:  The rotator cuff was mobilized with the (Frear and the Kingfisher) and satisfactory mobilization was able to be achieved. Clearly spoken - and I can't find "Frear" and "Kingfisher" to verify.   Any help, please ... thank you. ...

Ophthalmologic Surgery Term
Nov 07, 2011

A lid speculum was placed in the right eye, and a superior temporal  ______ was created with a relaxing incision at the 10 o'clock position. This is surgery to correct diplopia with right hypotropia secondary to right fourth nerve palsy.  The blank sounds like "lumbopyridimine", but I can't find any type of reference to back up the spelling (or even the procedure!).  Any  help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

ORIF Surgery Term Help
Dec 06, 2013

Abdominal surgery/femur fracture fixation: "[_______] Homans were then placed over the anterior portion of the superior rami and mild amount of the rectus had to be elevated off to gain adequate visualization for reduction plate fixation" s/l spiked TIA ...

Hand Surgery Term
Jan 14, 2014

"Our dissection was carried out between the third and fourth extensor tendons which were intact. The juncture *ay ten oh nuh* was divided, and unable to be repaired at the end of the case. The third metacarpal and fourth metacarpal bones were exposed." TIA ...

Help With Past Surgery Term
Jan 27, 2015

Need help. Typing a past surgery history and sounds like dictator says "hoyt mastectomy, cardiac stent x2, hoyt cataract surgery." My research has turned up nothing on a "hoyt" version of these surgies, so thought it was slang for either "singular" or "both", but still unsure of the word. Any ideas?  ...

Dental Surgery,s/l "Ferret" Throat Pack"
Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery?  ...

S/l "o Dams A Quit"...surgery Term?
Aug 29, 2013

It is for a spinal vertebral injury, something to do with the vessels. "low-lying artery of o dams a quit" ???? ...

Dental - Do We Get A Dental Card?
Jan 08, 2013

I signed up for dental coverage for the first time this year.  I haven't received anything.  Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive a dental card?  Thanks ...

Not A Medical Term, A Descriptive Term I Think
Jun 04, 2012

In the general portion of the physical exam the blank sounds like visily. She is a happy little girl sitting in mother's lap, grinning at me, and _____ eating Cheetos. ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Regarding Dental
Oct 03, 2011

Regarding tooth extraction, I cannot understand if the dictator is saying lidocaine and 1:1000 epi or 1:100,000 epi.  I don't know much about dental surgery.  Would appreciate help from someone who knows which it is. Thank you. ...

GAV And MET Dental Anesthesia?
Apr 08, 2010

Hello...I have a dental procedure under anesthesia....Sounds like she's saying the anesthesia is "G A V and met" - Is GAV and MET correct? ...

Dental Question...
May 04, 2010

I'm new to dental so kind of lost.....doc says "tooth No. 31 facial decay was excuvated and the prep surface was s/l "withdrawn with a glass eye-awn-a-ma".   thanks. ...

Dental Cement Help
May 11, 2010

Stainless steel crowns were sized and cemented with s/l "q-tak" cement. ...

Dental Fixation
Sep 12, 2010

The patient underwent dental fixation using arch bars and ____ wires.  s/l sir quad ...

Dental - ASAP
May 26, 2011

He's talking about teeth extraction in procedure and says, "forceps extraction s/l DISA 140 x2.   Much appreciated ...

Dental Assisting - Anyone?
Aug 01, 2011

I posted about different career choices and a lot of people responded about nursing and radiology tech, but no one responded regarding dental assisting as an option.  I used to make 20-25 an hour doing MT.  Now I am down to 16 an hour and sitting around waiting for work, etc.  I am just looking for a comfortable job that pays about the same as I was making as an MT.  I have researched dental assisting and found that it is a good career.  Dentists are utilizing DA's ...

Dental Report
Sep 04, 2011

How should I transcribe "tooth No. 6" - should it be written at such, or should I use "tooth #6"? ...

Eye And Dental Insurance?
Mar 28, 2013

Opinions please on the eye and dental insurance????  What two months are sign up?  Thank you! ...

Dental Terms
Jan 21, 2014

In a dispute with supv'r over spelling of some dental words.  Can anyone verify and give source especially for: prophy vs. phrophy paste. enameloplasty vs. enamelplasty.   There was one more, but I cannot remember right now.  Thanks!   ...

Dental Insurance
Feb 19, 2014

My dental card says Aetna PPO, but the benefits page on ADP says "basic." Does anyone know if we, in fact, have a PPO? TYIA. ...

I Should Have Become A Dental Hygienist.
Mar 05, 2014

Mine loves her job. We got to talking about careers since mine is taking a nosedive after all these years. She works 32 hours a week...full time in her profession... solid hours, no weekends, great pay and benefits. Makes me long for my youth so I could start over. ...

Emergency Dental
Apr 13, 2015

I'm on my Nth percocet since yesterday, going to dentist at 5 pm. I have no PTO time available so do I have to make up time away to see the Dr.? I've heard conflicting things from higher ups over the days and months. ...

Amphion Dental Insurance?
Sep 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me more about Amphion dental insurance? I need to get a cleaning, fillings, and pulling, and crowns right away. Yes, my mouth sucks. LOL. Is there a waiting period for any of that stuff once the insurance kicks in? ...

Does Anyone Have Affordable Dental Insurance?
Nov 19, 2010

As independent contractors, does anyone have affordable dental insurance?  I need something that will cover just that.  Thanks for any ideas ...