A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dental surgery,s/l "Ferret" throat pack" - couldusesomehelpplease

Posted: Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery? 

Nevermind, QA took the blank out. Dr. must have - misspoke NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Aw, shucks - took away my little visual

[ In Reply To ..]
of a ferret snuggled w/ a post-procedure pt for warmth...and comfort.

:)

Similar Messages:

Dental Surgery Term
Feb 04, 2014

It is for a broken mandible: "A "blue cheese" retractor was placed to aid visualization." TIA ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

Has Anyone Transcribed Oral Dental Surgery Reports And If So,
Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments. ...

Dental Surgery - A *noctdramis*? *knocked Ramus*?
Dec 16, 2013

A small round diamond was used to equilibrate teeth numbers 3, 5, 13, 22, 20, and 29.  The area was again debrided and irrigated.  A *noctdramis*? *knocked ramus*? retractor was used to expose the anterior ascending ramus and a curved Kocher was used for retraction.   ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

Dental Surgery: "A Blue 'shof-ee' Plate Was Then Fitted To The Area And Put In Place&
Nov 04, 2010

Dental surgery: "A blue 'shof-ee' plate was then fitted to the area and put in place" (after IMF) ...

Contact The Ear, Nose And Throat Doctor...would You Capitalize Ear, Nose And Throat???
Feb 05, 2011

x ...

Ferret The Tissue?
Apr 14, 2011

Good morning, is anyone else awake?  I have a doctor talking about secondary wound closure over a tibia and osteomyelitis.  He says:   We may try and ferret the tissue, possibly even include the relaxing incision.  Help me please and thank you.  ...

Dental - Do We Get A Dental Card?
Jan 08, 2013

I signed up for dental coverage for the first time this year.  I haven't received anything.  Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive a dental card?  Thanks ...

Throat Exam
Sep 08, 2010

Tonsils +2.  There is some erythema without exudate, but there is one calcium or calcific secretion on the right?  Is there such a thing as a calsecretion?  I can't quite hear this.  ...

Ear, Nose And Throat
Dec 02, 2010

Brown Madison rhinorrhea.  Is there such a thing? ...

Cut Throat Backstabbing Liars
Jun 22, 2015

None of them care about anything but their pay, their bonuses, their vacations, and how much they take take from us.  From now on, I don't care about anything but my pay, my PTO, my pay....oh, I said that twice.  I do not care about anyone but me!  Take that dirtbag bloodsucking scums of the earth.  The garbage I can pull up and see that has gone to the charts tells me they do not care.  Well guess what?  I don't care any more either.  LPH?  Scre ...

Thyroidectory For S/l Frot Throat Carcinoma
Oct 31, 2009

Problem List 3. Status post throidectomy for s/l frot or fore throat carcinoma.     ...

Chin-neck-throat Angle
Jul 15, 2010

Is it okay to transcribe chin-neck-throat angle or should it be broken up? ...

Transcribing Strep Throat As Diagnosis
Dec 21, 2013

I don't know what to expand strep throat to in the diagnosis or do I just leave it as strep throat.  Thanks ...

S/l ___plasia On The Back Of The Throat. Patient With Flu-like Symptoms
Jun 23, 2010

NM ...

Dear Doctor, Clear You Freakin' Throat!
Mar 20, 2015

lozenge in your mouth before you start dictating or take Claritin to relieve your allergy symptoms. Sick of your voice going in and out from hoarseness and not being able to hear what you are saying.  For the love of God, physician heal thyself. ...

Pack-a-day
Jul 05, 2012

Any dr. I transcribe for always says "pack-a-day" even if it's plural.  I.e., "She is a two pack-a-day smoker for twenty years."  I've always changed it to "packs-a-day."  I'm curious if you think I'm right, or if I should transcribe verbatum.  Thanks.  ...

S/l Haydon Pack??
Nov 05, 2009

It's a vaginal hysterectomy. Here's the whole context: A weighted vaginal speculum was inserted. A single double-toothed tenaculum placed on the cervix. Then, a colpotomy incision was made with curved scissors. Upon entering into the cul-de-sac, a _____ pack was inserted, and a Heaney retractor put in place. Haydon pack? Haden pack? Google is NOT my friend today.... ...

S/l Core Pack
Jul 29, 2010

HEENT:  Her pupils react to light.  Her sclerae are clear.  She has a s/l core pack in. ...

XP And Service Pack 3
May 17, 2011

Does anyone know if you can still download SP 3 for XP Professional?  I had heard MS wasn't supporting it any longer.  I need a new computer but company's software doesn't work with Windows 7...or so they say.   ...

Might As Well Pack My Bags
Jul 19, 2013

I have gotten so many Major errors today that it has completely demoralized me.  Never in my life have I been marked off for some of these things and have had my percentage drop to below 98%.  I have always been over 99% and now am being marked off for commas not put in (places that I have never ever placed them before) and capitalizing words in sentences that have never been marked off before but now they are saying that if I can substitute a noun for them they need to be capitalized. ...

Chantix Starting & Continuing Pack? R They Capitalized
Oct 23, 2009

Is the starting pack and continuing pack captalized? ...

Metamucil Orange S/l *STFF* 1 Pack P.o. Daily.
Apr 23, 2011

x ...

Eating Disorder - S/l Counsel One Pack Each Morning.
Jun 14, 2013

In med list so may or may not be eating disorder related. ...

Hudred Pack Years (period) Quit October 2006
May 29, 2012

if dictated as: SOCIAL HISTORY: hudred pack years (period) quit October 2006  what should be the correct way of transcribing it? is it.... SOCILA HISTORY: A hundred pack years, quit October 2006. A 100-pack-years, quit October 2006. 100-pack-year. Quit October 2006. ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Regarding Dental
Oct 03, 2011

Regarding tooth extraction, I cannot understand if the dictator is saying lidocaine and 1:1000 epi or 1:100,000 epi.  I don't know much about dental surgery.  Would appreciate help from someone who knows which it is. Thank you. ...

GAV And MET Dental Anesthesia?
Apr 08, 2010

Hello...I have a dental procedure under anesthesia....Sounds like she's saying the anesthesia is "G A V and met" - Is GAV and MET correct? ...

Dental Question...
May 04, 2010

I'm new to dental so kind of lost.....doc says "tooth No. 31 facial decay was excuvated and the prep surface was s/l "withdrawn with a glass eye-awn-a-ma".   thanks. ...