A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Colonoscopy Classification - rainyday

Posted: Nov 29, 2011

In a colonoscopy report, doc is dictating, s/l ? body I, ASA II.  I know about the ASA classification, but not sure about the other.  Thanks!

Mallampati - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

HIV Classification
Jan 20, 2010

The patient has HIV class CD4 "canthada" at 353. Any one famiilar with this classification and what the word might be that sounds like canthada?  ...

Classification Help
Aug 20, 2011

OPERATIVE REPORT   PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS Garden III fracture, femoral neck.   POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS Garden III fracture, femoral neck.   OPERATION PERFORMED Percutaneous insertion of 3 cannulated titanium screws.   GROSS FINDINGS The fracture was known to relatively stable preoperatively, and the 3 titanium screws were inserted percutaneously, using 2-sleeve technique over a guidewire. Fluoroscopic control was utilized. Blood loss was essentially nil, as the pr ...

What Classification System - YT1N2?
Nov 18, 2009

This is the first time I have heard of this - YT1N2. What classification system is this? ...

Cancer Classification Question
Mar 23, 2010

Pt has breast cancer, infiltrating ductal carcinoma, Nottingham Grade 3 or III-which is it?? TIA! ...

Question Regarding Employee Classification
Nov 22, 2011

I am a new MQ emp (not by choice) and signed on as FT with benefits, but then found out how worthless the ins is. I am thinking about changing to FT with limited benefits or PT with limited benefits. Is there a drawback? Will they lower my pay? I like the part about lowering the minimum lines required. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks ...

Alpha/IMedX Employee Classification
Aug 12, 2014

Just got a letter from the IRS saying they concluded that I performed services (2013) for the firm (Alpha) as an employee! So looks like Alpha and their COO and CRO "team" weren't playing by the rules, although their webpage currently boasts Ms. CRO "ensured compliance with Federal law and managing the payroll benefits for IMedX" in her bio. I see their new webpage no longer has IMedX attached to it--what's up with that anyone know? ...

Colonoscopy - Translumen
Sep 01, 2010

I am transcribing a colonoscopy report and the doctor states, "...The cecum was reached and identified.  The light translumen in the right lower quadrant.  The ileocecal valve was noted." I am having a hard time hearing, "The light translumen in the right lower quadrant."  The light translumen is the difficult part to hear.  This doesn't make sense to me.  Could this be correct? (P.S.- he typically leaves verbs out, so it could be - was in the right lower quadran ...

Colonoscopy - Mucopurulent ?
Nov 15, 2010

"Examination of the colon revealed mild colitis characterized by tiny mucopurulent (spots) in the transverse and descending colon." The word he uses acutally sounds like spock.  Could be spots but I just want to see if anyone knows something different? Thanks. ...

Colonoscopy Endoscopy
Aug 03, 2011

Is there any reason why I *should* type BOTH "colonoscopy endoscopy"? Or should I just omit "endoscopy"? Yes, it's an ESL doc. ...

Let's Code A Colonoscopy Dilemma!
Apr 22, 2010

Op report reason:  Screening and Diarrhea.  Colonoscopy done, polyp found and removed.  The reason for the colonoscopy is both Screening and Diarrhea.  In fact, doc documents prime reason for colonoscopy is screening and second reason diarrhea.  What is the diagnosis code for this?  If a coder has to code by the documentation and the doctor's final answer is that it is for both a screening and for diarrhea, what is a coder to do?&n ...

Biopsy Forceps In Colonoscopy
Sep 20, 2011

Dictated:  there was a small polyp in the cecum which was removed using large s/l bodding biopsy forceps. bodding, body-and, biting, bodine... I hear the 'b' at the start, the 't' or 'd' in the middle, and 'ing' or 'ine' on the end.     Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

Fentanyl 50 Mg For A Colonoscopy - Shouldn't It Be Mcg?
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

Colonoscopy Report Question
Jul 15, 2012

Colonoscopy. The endoscope was advanced through the "Bowels of Houston." Thank you for any help. Jolly MT. ...

Colonoscopy - Small Polyp That Was S/l Fil/der/ated ?? No Msg. Tx
Mar 01, 2013

x ...

Colonoscopy Showing Active Colitis Along With A Transverse Descending Sigmoid And Rectum Biopsies Of
Oct 22, 2011

nm ...

During A Colonoscopy/endoscopy..."Possible Gastro Preocism"....??
Dec 08, 2011

Note from November 1 for a combined colonoscopy and endoscopy. It documents postoperative diagnoses of: 1. Multiple sequel diverticula. 2. Suboptimal colonic prep. 3. Mild gastritis. 4. SOUNDS LIKE "Probable gastro preocism" PLEASE HELP! The only thing I am coming up with that remotely makes sense is Probable gastral, preexisting. ??? ...

Cancer Classification + "with Zero Of Eight"
Nov 21, 2013

"Pathology from this showed a T2 N0 with zero of eight lymph nodes present cancer." I understand the T2 N0, but it's the "with zero of eight lymph nodes" part that I am not sure about. Thank you for any information. ...

Colonoscopy - S/L "movie" Prep??
Jan 19, 2010

"Movie" prep for colonoscopy? ...