A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A medication that sounds like "Mytenex". I thought it could be "mycenex" or a va - Teresa

Posted: Apr 23, 2012

Hi! I'm trying to find the correct word here. It's an Indian dictator and it sounds like "Mytenex". I wondered if it could be "Mycenex", but the "t" sound is pretty clear. I looked up the variants I could think of, but am not having any luck so far. Any ideas? The patient has a list of 10 diagnoses, so I'm not sure if I need to list them here? Thanks for any suggestions!

Mytenex - greyhound mom

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be Metanx. It is for diabetics to restore the metablich processes associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.

Have you tried... - Breezy

[ In Reply To ..]
If this is a drug he is referring to, try "Metanx" and see if it fits with anything he is dictating...

Similar Messages:

Medication Sounds Like
Apr 20, 2011

pt has tachybrady syndrome and also has a pacemaker. s/l mel-fur-eek acid   Thanks. ...

Medication Sounds Like Zesticks. Do Not Know What For. TIA Nm
Apr 22, 2010

xx ...

Medication Sounds Like *foltase*??? Thanks. Nm
Oct 28, 2010

nm ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Medication That Sounds Like ... (SM)
Jan 02, 2012

"microniazid." The doctor is very clear, I have searched for this for over an hour because I swear I have seen it or something close to it before. Any would would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated!! TIA ...

Medication Sounds Like Delzo?
Apr 23, 2013

I have a report where the dictator (clear speaking) says delzo as a med.  I have no idea what it is, do not want to send it in because its a long report and the whole thing will count agains me.  Can anyone help out?  thanks ...

Need Medication Help, Sounds Like Vitosa Or Bitosa Or...
Jul 11, 2010

I have looked under every vowel and checked bitosa, batosa, victosa and on and on.  It is taken at dose of 0.6 mg subcu for 1 week and titrate every week by 0.6 until maximum dose of 1.8.  Decrease to lower dose if develops any nausea.    I have no clue.  Pt has diabetes, under poor control for 12 years and lupus.  If any help, thanks in advance.  It is typed in a list and thats all I know. ...

Medication Sounds Like Isotrol? Cannot Find
Jul 25, 2013

Help is appreciated. ...

MEDICATION LIST SOUNDS LIKE DIMENCHON?
Apr 16, 2015

Medication or herb sounds like dimenchon. clear speaker. No indication patient has dementia, does have liver disease and complex regional pain syndrome. Chronic pain. Hyperalgesia. ...

8-month-old On A Medication That Sounds Like Sametadine... Not Cimetadine Does Anyone Have A Clue
Jan 13, 2011

Doing a report on 8-month-old child, is on a medication that sounds like sah-met-a-deen. it is not cimitadine. ...

Medication Sounds Like "Jenowen" Smoking Cessation?
Aug 07, 2012

in the meds list: s/l "Jenowin" 2 mg transdermal patch weekly I feel like I should know what thsi is, but I can't figure it out!! Anyone know?   ...

Medication Sounds Like "Avalaud" - NM - Thanks In Advance
Nov 25, 2009

Medication sounds like "Avalaud."  Thank you. ...

Medication, Sounds Like "aglitizar" 150 Mg P.o. Daily. I Don't Know What Its For, He
Dec 05, 2011

x ...

A Medication That Sounds Like " Respite " ?
Jan 07, 2010

She is on (respite) 4 [it is either 4 or for] now and Lyrica. add.info:  trigeminal neuralgia   ...

Medication Sounds Like "phetiloxyphene" 100 Mg
Jul 01, 2010

Anybody have any ideas?  It is for a cardiology patient and he is listing the meds. Thank so much in advance! Michele ...

Medication Sounds S/l "Aw-pree-so" SM
Apr 26, 2010

Dosage 0.375 grams, patient dx'd with ulcerative proctitis, now may have ulcerative colitis or Crohn's, recently on trip to Thailand/Vietnam. Has bloody stool & diarrhea.  Thanks so very much. ...

Medication Sounds Like "novair" ??
Jul 13, 2010

Thanks so much in advance!!  ...

Medication Sounds Like "cornazapine" ....sm
Sep 30, 2010

The patient has a sleep disorder and hx of colon cancer.  Thank you. ...

Medication Help Sounds Like "alloskurin"
Apr 23, 2011

This patient has high blood pressure problems and anxiety.  Other meds in the list are Ziac, Diovan, Lexapro, clonidine. The drug I can't figure out sounds like "alloskurine" or "alloskerin."  Any ideas? ...

Medication Help Sounds Like "Bilpliacin"
Jul 21, 2011

Cardiac Consult Patient has high BP, high chol, palpitations, and anxiety Medication sounds like "bilpliacin" but cannot locate this anywhere - Can anyone help please? thank you, newbie     ...

Medication Sounds Like "Astacol"?
May 03, 2012

It's an orthopedics chart note, and his medications are: [sounds like Astacol?], hydrochlorothiazide, and Accupril. Any possible ideas???? He is there for shoulder pain, no significant illnesses. Family history significant for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.       ...

I Just Thought Of Something!
Mar 31, 2010

Do you wonder how much the person makes who is sitting there reading all the First Time Right Essays?  Sure would love to know that!  How do I get that job?  I guess I would qualify as I have reading skills.  ...

Wmx - Another Thought On This
Sep 02, 2010

I think this was a very large account and they could have divided the MTs who had this as their primary and put them on various other accounts.  Yes, this would have overstaffed those accounts and more MTs would be getting NJA as we all scrambled for what work there was.  Also, this way WMX would not be putting out unemployement for anyone and soon most of us would not have benefits because we couldn't keep our line counts up with NJA all the time.  All in all, looks like the ...

HEY... I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING
Oct 26, 2010

What the heck happened to that 6.1 upgrade drawing with the TV and all????? Did anyone ask support or their CCM? ...

Just Thought I'd Ask..
Mar 28, 2011

I'm just wondering what is with companies not calling you after you have passed a test and said they will? I don't understand it. Yes,  I realize that they may have several people, but is it too much to ask for a phone call to do an interview or something? I am looking for a job and when I do pass tests and get excited that I actually did and no one contacts me like they said they would, it really bothers me. ...

I Thought I Was The Only One
May 13, 2011

I just realized that no one cares about the quality of medical records anymore.  I have had to go to VR and I am now making anywhere between 4 and 12 dollars/hour.  I guess people care more about the quality of their hamburgers than they do peoples' healthcare. I have started to just send them through.  I don't even really listen to the work.  I look at it and change any major spelling errors, but other than that, what the VR says is what they get.  The fu ...

Just Had A Thought...
Mar 17, 2012

Could it be that the MModal and Nuance are buying all of these smaller, better MTSOs because they want to limit our employment options?  If MModal (the Q) and Nuance are the monopolizing companies, and an MT who works for them just had all she/he could take, where could she/he go?   Just a thought....   ...

Thought Everybody Would Like To See This
May 01, 2012

This phrase was added at the end of an advertisement for employment.  Obviously it was in-house, but found it.... well.... rude, I guess.  Although I understand their position and their experiences, to include something like this in an advertisement would certainly send me running elsewhere.  Any opinions???   one last comment, and from prior experiences we have to make this statement: if you have had mutiple jobs a year, have gaps in time in your resume without explana ...

Just Thought I Would Let You All Know...
Oct 22, 2012

that Alliance Medical Transcription in Houston TX is hiring for acute care account with a large teaching hospital with mostly VR but some straight typing and mostly OP notes.  Good luck to those who apply. just passing this on because I have very little experience with OP notes and this was not a good fit for me.  No "ulterior motives" for me.  Just trying to help those in need.  ...

I Just Had A Thought!!!
Nov 15, 2012

What if we asked for stocks in the company as a benefit?  I know Wal-Mart does this for their employees, because my SIL, who has worked for Wal-Mart for a long time, drew from her stock and traveled a distance and paid for a  birthday party for her 3-year-old grandson and went shopping at our local mall and bought herself a wonderful new set of pots and pans (that new kind that is green and made out of ceramic) and just lived it up more than she could have done otherwise.  Si ...

Just A Thought Here...but...
Apr 11, 2013

Have you all ever thought of letting your own doctor/s know that you will no longer have a physician who sends his or her work to a company to be done overseas and that you will now demand that your medical records be done in the US or you will seek medical attention elsewhere?  Maybe start making a lot of noise on the doctor/hospital level? Just a thought. ...