A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

? material left in colon - cp

Posted: Mar 15, 2011

It s/l vegtelant!!!

....poor with large amount of (___) material throughout the colon that could not be suctioned.

Any ideas?! 

Thanks

"vegetate", maybe (nm) - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]

omg, doubt that. - small message

[ In Reply To ..]
Not even a good guess and if you are guessing please stop before you hurt someone....iike the patient.

If not guessing - explain your reasoning, I'm curious.

not a guess... - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]
vegetate:
1. To grow or sprout as a plant does.
2. Pathology: To grow in size or spread abnormally.

"Curious" isn't the word I'd use.
so youre saying large amount of 'to grow or spread' material in the colon - could not be suctioned. Noun here, not verb
[ In Reply To ..]
Try re-reading the original post. - Hi there!
[ In Reply To ..]
The word in question was used as an adjective for the noun "material".

In other grammatical news, proper contraction of "you are" requires an apostrophe.
sorry...do not agree with you. Never will. - read the sentence not the S/L NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
...not as you justified it. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

have to agree - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Vegetate is a verb. The blank calls for an adjective.

Feculent - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

does the c s/l a c or s? - cp

[ In Reply To ..]
Olive,

He could be slurring or saying it wrong but it s/l he has an s in the word. So it would be like fesulent.

vegetable material - cec

[ In Reply To ..]
vegetable material (this is used by pathologists in gross descriptions of colon)
thank you ICManiac! good common sense. - 37 years rad
[ In Reply To ..]
x
is it a pathology report? on all imaging studies you cannot tell what type of food it in there. - just saying
[ In Reply To ..]

agree - cec

[ In Reply To ..]
If it is a colonoscopy, would have to agree with feculent.

it is a colonoscopy - cp

[ In Reply To ..]
I am going to send it in with a flag. I should know tomorrow what it is. I will post back!

Thank you all!

then its not a vegetable! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Not Known! - cp

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent this to my boss with a flag, and she couldn't tell what it was either! It will now go to the doctor. I don't know if he will report the correct word back to me.

Thank you.

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

S/l Toe Phasias Material
Jul 12, 2010

I think this is likely gout that has developed some s/l toe phasias material which is causing persistent pain and swelling. TIA. this doctor is a mumbler today worse than ever!! thanks for any help. ...

Suture Material
Jan 19, 2011

Monosof? It must be lesion day at the clinic. Numerous patients with superficial lesions and he is describing wound closure. Sounds like doctor is saying Monocef, but that is an antibiotic. The only thing related to suture material is Monosof. Am I missing something? ...

Need Help With Surgical Material
May 01, 2012

Need help finding a surgical material that s/l fiblar? ...

Reference Material Help
May 29, 2012

So I'm wondering what the difference between the Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide and The Pill Book is. I am trying to gather some reference material to be better stocked for my first transcription job and I'm not sure what to actually get. I'm on a tight budget but know that I need decent material. Throughout school I mostly used my textbooks and online reference material and it worked great but I'm not sure if companies are open to that type of work/referencing. Any help or a ...

RMT/CMT Study Material
Apr 16, 2013

Anyone have any good sites that have study material?   ...

CT Of Chest Contrast Material
Jul 20, 2010

Has anyone heard of Oxylon 300 contrast media?  I'm sure I have it spelled wrong because I can't find it anywhere. ...

SV300 Contrast Material
Sep 28, 2013

Oncology Reference Material
Oct 02, 2013

Wondering if anyone would be willing to share their favorite oncology reference material... be it books or websites. Appreciate it! ...

Prep Material For An Elbow Injection
Apr 12, 2012

After appropriate preoperative evaluation including informed consent, the patient's right elbow medial side was prepped with (    ).  Using a sterile technique, the solution of lidocaine, Sensorcaine, and dexamethasone was injected in and around his medial epicondyle as well as the flexor pronator muscle, flexor pronator muscle mass, and the brachialis tendon. The quality of my voice note is very bad and so I'll give you some sounds like options. Cordrop Clo ...

Help, I Had A Day. Patient Has An Abscess With A Center Of (s/l Pruritic?) Material. Sm
Mar 16, 2011

I would not think this is correct because this means itchy.  He is definitely not saying pyopoietic.  I feel like I'm losing it....thanks. ...

End Of The Phacoemulsification No (residual Corticle) Material Was Noted
Jul 10, 2012

At the end of the phacoemulsification no (residual corticle) material was noted. The posterior capsule was intact. A peripheral iridotomy was performed at the 11 o'clock position (into) chamber. Bleeding was noted, and the chamber was irrigated with balanced salt solution with epinephrine. The wound was closed with (1 or one) interrupted suture of 10-0 Vicryl. (S/L) injection (silomegro) was made. (Timoptic) was applied and ointment was applied. Everything I question in in (). Tha ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Colon Use
Nov 02, 2009

Should this be a colon since it is giving a list? She does not recall ever suffering from any developed mental disorders such as: Bed wetting, sleep walking, temper tantrums, or reading disabilities. and does anyone know of a good way to understand if there should be colon use or not?   ...

Colon
Jun 05, 2012

The colon was somewhat "tortuous," which limited the sensitivity examination for detection of small polyps.  Any ideas what that word is? ...

Colon Cancer
Feb 23, 2010

Is it -- Dukes A Duke's A Dukes' A I find it all three ways.  Thanks for any help in clarifying. ...

Colon Or Colons
Dec 19, 2012

GI doc dictates in several reports "right and left colons".  Can't find any reference on what to do in this case, so need help plz.   ...

Colon Cancer Status...
Jul 29, 2011

I can't quite understand this doctor...it sounds like she is describing this patient's colon cancer as "Y-type".  I can't find anything like that anywhere...any help would be soooo appreciated! ...

Colon Resection Word
Jun 21, 2013

Dictated:  "... at which time I performed a colon resection for perforated rectum secondary to a s/l SIR-kir-uhl ulcer." He says it very clearly - not circular, not sacral - but he might be mispronouncing it.     Any help appreciated, thanks!   ...

Now They Are On A Semi-colon Rant
Jul 15, 2014

what the heck...and since when is "it" with no other identifier as to what "it" is, other then the preceding sentence, able to form a complete sentence? ...

There Is No Easy Way In Word To Cap After Colon Is There?
Dec 05, 2014

a word expander like Speed Type would do that?  And can you use Speed Type along with MS Word?  And transfer over all your AutoCorrect entries easily?  I emailed the company but haven't heard from them.  : ( ...

Thickening Of The Distal Colon
Feb 14, 2015

I'm working on an audio from a bariatric surgeon.  He's talking about a woman's abdominal CT and he says "...it looked normal.  She did have some (s/l hostule) thickening of the distal colon..." Any help is most certainly appreciated! ...

Colon Cancer - Diloda Treatment?
Apr 14, 2010

Sounds like Diloda treatment for colon cancer.  Anything?   TIA! ...

History Of S/l ADM In The Proximal Ascending Colon
Sep 27, 2010

I cannot find this abbreviation on Google or in Stedman's.  Full sentence: "History of (s/l "ADM") in his proximal ascending colon with slowly spontaneous oozing." Atypical diabetes mellitus doesn't seem right in this context. ...

Sigmoid Colon Operation Help Needed
Nov 19, 2010

Doing my first op report regarding a sigmoid colon resection. Does anyone know a site that would describe the anatomy in this area? I am hearing things that sound like "mobilizing white line of Toltol"and I am pretty sure it is only going to get more complicated. Help! Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give. ...

Do You Use A Colon With 24-hour Time Or Not? 1600 Or 16:00
Jan 26, 2011

Do you use a colon with 24-hour time or not?  1600 or 16:00 ...

Diverticulum Having The ***classic Man In The Colon*** Sign?...nm Tia
Jan 27, 2011

x ...

Capitalization Of Generic Drug After Colon
Jun 05, 2012

can someone tell me if I should capitalize a generic drug name following a colon? CURRENT MEDICATIONS:  lisinopril 40 mg 1 daily and thyroid supplement. also, do sentence fragments and one word entries after colons get periods? I have seen these done in multiple fashion. ...

Social Or Special Screening Of Colon
Dec 18, 2013

I can't understand if the doctor is saying: Social Screening of Colon or Special Screening of Colon ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...