A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

colon cancer - sm

Posted: Feb 23, 2010

Is it --

Dukes A

Duke's A

Dukes' A

I find it all three ways.  Thanks for any help in clarifying.

It is Dukes A, B, or C......nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

thanks Cyndiee - :)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

A great site...Whonamedit.com sm - CatShoes

[ In Reply To ..]
Once you know who Duke/Dukes is, the punctuation logically falls into place. ;-)

QUOTE:

Dukes' classification (Cuthbert Esquire Dukes)

Associated persons: Cuthbert Esquire Dukes

Description: A classification or staging system for colorectal cancer that gives doctors a guide to the risk of the cancer coming back or spreading to other parts of the body. The original Dukes classification of 1932 described the staging of rectal carcinoma only but can also be applied to carcinomas of the colon. It is divided into three simple stages, A to C. Stage D has been added later. Several modified versions exist.

Similar Messages:

Colon Cancer Status...
Jul 29, 2011

I can't quite understand this doctor...it sounds like she is describing this patient's colon cancer as "Y-type".  I can't find anything like that anywhere...any help would be soooo appreciated! ...

Colon Cancer - Diloda Treatment?
Apr 14, 2010

Sounds like Diloda treatment for colon cancer.  Anything?   TIA! ...

Patient With Colon Cancer Receiving Treatment.
Feb 27, 2010

new dictator for me, very rapid ESL. Dictates that patient will be premedicated with s/l "Loft C" Thanks for any help.  I will probably be asking for more help as I go through this very difficult assignment. ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

Gleason 4+5=9 With 1 Out Of 1 Cores Containing Cancer "linked" Of Cancer Was 0.35 Cm
Jun 30, 2010

Gleason score 4 + 5 = 9 involving 35% of the specimen, 1 out of 1 cores contained cancer, linx of cancer was 0.35 cm.  She says the linked or linx twice in the document.  ?? ...

Colon Use
Nov 02, 2009

Should this be a colon since it is giving a list? She does not recall ever suffering from any developed mental disorders such as: Bed wetting, sleep walking, temper tantrums, or reading disabilities. and does anyone know of a good way to understand if there should be colon use or not?   ...

Colon
Jun 05, 2012

The colon was somewhat "tortuous," which limited the sensitivity examination for detection of small polyps.  Any ideas what that word is? ...

Colon Or Colons
Dec 19, 2012

GI doc dictates in several reports "right and left colons".  Can't find any reference on what to do in this case, so need help plz.   ...

? Material Left In Colon
Mar 15, 2011

It s/l vegtelant!!! ....poor with large amount of (___) material throughout the colon that could not be suctioned. Any ideas?!  Thanks ...

Colon Resection Word
Jun 21, 2013

Dictated:  "... at which time I performed a colon resection for perforated rectum secondary to a s/l SIR-kir-uhl ulcer." He says it very clearly - not circular, not sacral - but he might be mispronouncing it.     Any help appreciated, thanks!   ...

Now They Are On A Semi-colon Rant
Jul 15, 2014

what the heck...and since when is "it" with no other identifier as to what "it" is, other then the preceding sentence, able to form a complete sentence? ...

There Is No Easy Way In Word To Cap After Colon Is There?
Dec 05, 2014

a word expander like Speed Type would do that?  And can you use Speed Type along with MS Word?  And transfer over all your AutoCorrect entries easily?  I emailed the company but haven't heard from them.  : ( ...

Thickening Of The Distal Colon
Feb 14, 2015

I'm working on an audio from a bariatric surgeon.  He's talking about a woman's abdominal CT and he says "...it looked normal.  She did have some (s/l hostule) thickening of the distal colon..." Any help is most certainly appreciated! ...

History Of S/l ADM In The Proximal Ascending Colon
Sep 27, 2010

I cannot find this abbreviation on Google or in Stedman's.  Full sentence: "History of (s/l "ADM") in his proximal ascending colon with slowly spontaneous oozing." Atypical diabetes mellitus doesn't seem right in this context. ...

Sigmoid Colon Operation Help Needed
Nov 19, 2010

Doing my first op report regarding a sigmoid colon resection. Does anyone know a site that would describe the anatomy in this area? I am hearing things that sound like "mobilizing white line of Toltol"and I am pretty sure it is only going to get more complicated. Help! Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give. ...

Do You Use A Colon With 24-hour Time Or Not? 1600 Or 16:00
Jan 26, 2011

Do you use a colon with 24-hour time or not?  1600 or 16:00 ...

Diverticulum Having The ***classic Man In The Colon*** Sign?...nm Tia
Jan 27, 2011

x ...

Capitalization Of Generic Drug After Colon
Jun 05, 2012

can someone tell me if I should capitalize a generic drug name following a colon? CURRENT MEDICATIONS:  lisinopril 40 mg 1 daily and thyroid supplement. also, do sentence fragments and one word entries after colons get periods? I have seen these done in multiple fashion. ...

Social Or Special Screening Of Colon
Dec 18, 2013

I can't understand if the doctor is saying: Social Screening of Colon or Special Screening of Colon ...

What Is The Proper Format For Military Time? I Know No Colon, But...
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't the word "hours" ALWAYS follow, i.e. 1345 hours? ...

Drug S/l Fec-ta-vic...pat Has Colon Mets And Liver Tumor
Sep 02, 2010

. ...

Op Note: Colon Was S/l *socked* To Abdominal Wall Nm
Jul 21, 2011

full context:  There was no evidence of intraabdominal contamination, although the sigmoid colon was socked to the left lateral abdominal wall. Is that right, socked? ...

Colon Surgery S/l Dolphin Stirrups, Can't Verify
Mar 17, 2014

x ...

GI: Similarly To The Previously Identified S/l Spot Formula Area On The Transverse Colon, They Proce
Oct 12, 2009

GI.  ...

Today’s Study Is Done To Exclude Polymorphic S/l *cata-colon-anurgic* Ventricular Tachycardi
Mar 14, 2010

SM ...

S/l Vesiseal Stapler Or Vestiseal Stapler (colon/abdominal Surgery)
Mar 25, 2014

x ...

S/l "dilipoise" Lesion In Colon Or Stomach
Jun 26, 2010

x ...

Cancer
Oct 16, 2009

Is there anything similar to a "whip/Whipp/Wipp shave for cancer? Thanks in advance. ...

Cancer Q
Jan 15, 2010

Pulmonary evaluation of the same was done with CT imaging which was performed on 01/07/2010.  Findings were significant for a right upper lobe opacity with mild FTG uptake with a (sounds like) "suvie" ???? im lost! ...

Cancer Med
Jul 22, 2012

I am still pretty new to oncology and am really baffled by this one.  Gyne/onologist:  "XXX returns having last been seen in 2010.  She has been followed at MD Anderson in the interim.  She has had a recurrence of her disease, was treated with s/l "Electrosol" for a long period of time" I just keep thinking about the dishwasher detergent!  And it is pretty clear, as well.  Not finding anything close to this.  Can anyone help here?? I am really baffled.&n ...