A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Open voice file in Olympus - JW

Posted: Apr 25, 2012

Anyone know how to play a voice file that came with an email and when I open it, it calls up my Olympus player but it is not there when I look in each folder? I also tried to import the file and it does not go there either. thanks.

You have to use your cursor - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
to "types of files" to find the file name you want to open. Select "encrypted" or "all files."

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Why Can't I Open Documed File?
Sep 21, 2010

Wondering why I can't open the file....I've tried in express scribe and media player and even looking for the codec online that I supposedly am missing and still no luck. Does anyone know if there is a way to contact them about this? ...

How Can I Open An .esp File Without Using Nuance Software?
Jul 01, 2013

Has anyone ever tried (successfully) to open an .esp file with any other software? If so, I'd love to know how to open one. I need to be sure I am able to utilize it when I leave!  Oh, and I do know that I can print it out, but geeeez, after 6+ years, think of the paper and the re-creation of all of it that would be required!  At this point, my little 'ole lovely .esp file is the only thing between me and the exit sign!  Thanks in advance. ...

Express Scribe Will Not Let Me Open Any Word File
Jan 09, 2013

I recently downloaded Express Scribe from my community college's website. After downloading, I tried to open up the syllabus for a particular course and a warning came up that I had to have another type of program for this action. I think the program was Doxillion which I am assuming is some type of file converter. I don't need a file converter program. I am taking a transcription course and I need to to be able to open up Word files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program seve ...

Voice File Programs
Jul 23, 2010

Is there a program out there that I can purchase other than Express Scribe that would make it easier for me to adjust things on so that I can hear the file a little better? Thank you ...

DJW Voice File Player
Sep 27, 2010

Hi! I got some DJW format of voice files to play.  I do not know what player play these files. Please help me and let me know the required player to play these. Thanks ...

Having More Than One Voice File Player
Jan 02, 2011

I currently use GearPlayer, and with one of my clients this is required for downloading voice files and uploading completed documents, therefore cannot get rid of it.  GearPlayer is fine for my other accounts as those voice files come via email and FTP and I save them to my system and they open and play on GP just fine. My issue now is if I want to apply with a company who requires ByteScribe or ExpressScribe - or any other player, those are just the two that I am looking at presently - c ...

Same Voice File. This One Sounds Like New Vru
Sep 26, 2012

bandage placed after the procedure! ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A Voice File Test...sm
May 11, 2011

By making silly mistakes that you can't even believe you made!? Oh, I did. Today. I think I would kick myself in the brain if I could. I feel so defeated. ...

DSS Voice File With A $ Sign In Front Of It?
Jul 29, 2011

I agreed to do some work in coverage for someone and the doctor sent files directly.  He uses an Olympus recorder that uploads on AS-4000 Pro Player platform.  Once uploaded, it sends each voice file out by encrypted email.  So I got the .dss file but it comes as .$dss In addition to the voice file, there is an .html file that contains the header information for the recording.  I downloaded the DSS Lite Player, but it doesn't recognize the file.  Before I start d ...

Medict -- DocQscribe Play Voice File
Oct 18, 2010

Hi, Anyone work for Medict in Florida.  I will be on DocQScribe accounts.  Do you like it.  Any pros/cons.  Anyone know on the DocQScribe system if you can start and stop the voice file by a keystroke.  No footpedal available at the moment so transcribing by keystroke to stop and play voice file.   Thanks for any information. ...

Express Scribe Only Voice File Transfer Software?
Feb 19, 2014

Is Express Scribe the only voice file transfer software? ...

HELP!! What Software Can Transfer Speech To Text From A Voice File Or Recorder?
Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You! ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

Olympus DDS Player
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone have experience using this player?  I am wanting to use a foot pedal but the foot switch option is grayed out.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

Olympus In Windows 7
Jan 23, 2012

Hi, i would like to know how to use olympus DSS player in windows 7....If anybody have an idea please reply to this message ...

Olympus DS-3400
Mar 27, 2013

Okay, friends.. this is my question. The doc I work for changed to this kind of recorder.  He sends me files via email and I download them... normally into Express Scribe.  Every once in a while, he will send me a voice file that has a *click* sound and I cannot hear him.  I found a program using express zip file compression software.  I can make them play, but I cannot use my foot pedal.... any thoughts?  Or, do you know of any program that I could download and/or buy ...

What Player Do You Use To Transcribe With?? I Used To Use Olympus But Since -sm
Feb 08, 2012

updating my computer to Windows 7 the foot pedal will not work as the player is an older version as is the foot pedal. I have been using Express Scribe but I am tired of spending all my time trying to convert the files to play in Express Scribe. Just wondering if there is anything else out there that is user friendly and plays a variety of files?? Thanks. ...

Olympus Recorder From Doc , And I Am Old And Dumb.
Nov 25, 2013

I recently heard from a local MD asking me to do work, said he was going to buy a tape recorder.  Okay, I get my trusty old equipment out.  Now he calls and says he has bought an Olympus VN 702PC.  I googled it hoping to figure it out, called my more literate son who says I can just use it with forward and pause buttons OR I can connect it to my computer with a USB cord and, "Mom, all you do is open the folder you want and click........."  Of course, I haven't a clue. &n ...

Encryption With Olympus & Express Scribe
Mar 29, 2013

I am new to digital - trying to use Express Scribe on a Mac.  But doc wants to use Olympus DS-5000 or DS-7000 for encrypted dictation.  Can I decrypt it using Express Scribe?   ...

Transcription Software Olympus DS7000
Jul 24, 2013

Have AS3000 Olympus equipment now. Boss got Olympus DS7000. It produces duplicate files one in voice and another in .XML format. If I get the 7000 transcription software for my end will it still produce duplicate files? Any help appreciated. ...

Olympus DSS Standard Player V1.0 To Play Ds2 Files
Dec 31, 2010

I am typing ds2 files and am using the above player which the olympus representative said was created to play ds2 files.  however, I have tried taken the file from the place it was sent to me and it seemed to import into Folder A.  But the file never could be seen in Folder A or the transcriptionist Tray.  I did this many many many times with the same result.  The Olympus rep told me to go to the message folder and copy and paste it into Folder A.  I then could see it in ...

Foot Pedal - Will It Work AS-5000 Olympus
Jan 14, 2015

I am considering testing for an at-home company, haven't worked from home in years and when I did it was with microcassettes, etc.  I am trying to put together equipment just to do the testing and have access to AS-5000 transcription kit (pedal, software,etc.)  Does anybody know if this will work when the company downloads their files?  Thanks for any advice...I'm really beginning to feel like a dinosaur! ...

Lost Serial Product Number For Olympus DSS Player Pro V.3.3
May 02, 2010

My computer crashed this weekend and I had to run out and get a whole one. The problem that I am running into is trying to install the Olympus DSS Player Pro v.3.3 on the new computer, and I lost the serial product number in order to register it.  The software won't load without this key code.  Does anyone have one on hand or have any suggestion?  I don't want to go out and buy another one for $200.00 bucks or more since that was what I paid the first time around.   ...

Olympus DSS Player Pro - Recent Bought New Computer And Now Footpedal Does Not Work - Sm
Jan 30, 2012

I know there is something I need to click on but cannot remember what it is. Thanks for your help. ...

I Can Open Up The Backlog!
Feb 08, 2010

It is FINALLY working!  ...

Open Note From An MME
Feb 13, 2010

I have come on this site for awhile, mostly because this is a place where everyone gets what you do and can understand what you're going crazy over. Try telling your neighbor the ESLs are getting to you today and you get what I mean. However, since I have become an MME (in October), this has become a not so friendly place. I love doing QA work. I have been in this field for 20 years and feel I can and do help MTs out. When I make a correction, it's to give the MT some feedback, ...

Open Enrollment.
Nov 19, 2012

IF we want to keep our current insurance plan is there anything we need to do for open enrollment?  Thanks.  ...

Open Enrollment?
Oct 26, 2014

Anyone hear any rumblings yet about Open Enrollment?  Last year at this time we were already sent emails to "get ready" for it...so far this year, nothing.  I heard that other companies were making the spousal/partner "penalty" for not taking insurance was going to go up to $500!  We are now paying $100/month...let's hope that won't be the case, as that would essentially be one of my paychecks.  Wonder what surprises are in store for us.  Maybe we won' ...

How Do You Open A Ticket For NJA If MQ Mail Is Down
Jul 01, 2010

Does anyone know? MQ mail still not working for me so how do I send email to support and CCM to open ticket? ...