A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

trouble hearing out of one ear on headphones - NJMT

Posted: Oct 08, 2011

Help - Have no sound on right side of my headset listening to a tape in my Lanier.  Headset works in Express Scribe, though.  If I switch out the headphones for another pair, can't hear on the right side there either on the Lanier.  Lanier has been working fine up to this point.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it? 

headphones - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not quite sure if this will work but I had the same problem with a machine I had to use and I had to buy a little mono/stereo adapter from radio shack for my headphones..after that I could hear out of both ears..it wouldn't hurt to ask someone at radio shack..good luck =)

Thanks! The adapter did the trick (and only $3)! nm - NJMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

adapter - tom384

[ In Reply To ..]
The Radio Shack adapter will do the job. Item number is 274-368.

Similar Messages:

Best Headphones For Hearing Numbers?
Jul 03, 2012

What are the best headphones for hearing numbers? The numbers are getting mushy and slowing me down... help! ...

I Am Hearing
Apr 11, 2011

2+ microcytosis.  Is this correct?  I have not heard it before.  TIA.  ...

2 Am. Not Sure What I'm Hearing
Dec 08, 2011

The dr dictates "Extremities:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  S/L "Emowads" are in place."  Now my head is getting fuzzy and i have 2 turn this in.  Plz help!! ...

How Often Are You All Hearing From Your TSM?
Oct 24, 2013

I'm on a whole new team now and communication from the new abbreviation has literally been ZERO.  Curious ... is one email in a month, average for most TSMs?  ...

I've Been Hearing More
Nov 14, 2013

that the ILPs are supposed to start doing all their own QA.  Anyone know if this is true? (can you say the blind leading the blind)? ...

Hearing Back
Apr 14, 2011

Did anyone hear back after sending their resume to Transform for the positions they have available?  I hate this waiting and waiting...it makes me nervous. ...

MPS Measurement Of Hearing??
Aug 24, 2011

Doctor says: "s/l MPS measurements revealed normal middle ear compliance and pressures." ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

Hearing Issue
Mar 20, 2015

Had eye exam today--getting new glasses.  Can't wait to see better. I also had a brief hearing test as well.  Got set up for appointment with audiologist.  It seems my left ear does not hear low tones and the right does not hear high tones.  It is no wonder to me as all the years I have worn headphones, ear buds, or loud music.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  ...

They Have Been Hearing These Same Things Over And Over And Over And
Mar 27, 2015

...the business model works well for them. They made their money off you before you even signed on. They made it 1) when they landed your previous facility's contract and 2) when you were gullible enough to sign on to help voice wreck unemploy yourselves. If they wanted you to stick around you'd be so overworked you could not stand it. Nothing new about any of this stuff except this appears to be the latest set of Nuance casualties. In another month there will be another new set when t ...

Am I Hearing FLORAL?
Apr 11, 2015

would FLORAL be the word that I'm hearing? "fibrocystic change and mild-to-moderate floral ductal hyperplasia without atypia"                 ...

Hum In Headphones
Mar 08, 2012

I run my headphones through my speakers because I can get a lot more volume; however, I recently moved and now I seem to be getting a hum noise.  Everything is hooked up the same so not sure what the deal is.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Are Headphones With USB Better?
Apr 17, 2012

Really looking for crisper sound but also need volume (now using a sound booster) .  One of my accounts is ridiculously low volume, and I can barely hear with the booster and volume maxed. Do you feel USB headphones have better quality sound?  If so, can you get the volume as high as if using a booster? ...

Need To Buy A New Set Of Headphones
Aug 28, 2013

I need to buy a new set of headphones and I was just wondering what are some of the good ones out there?  I bought a really nice set, but they don't fit into the comuter.  Thanks for any help you can offer! ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Does What I Think I'm Hearing Make Sense?
Mar 29, 2010

Does the following sentence make sense? If so, what does it mean? Thyroid ultrasound was performed gratis for realtime visualization. Thanks! ...

I Do Not Possess Echo Hearing; I Am Not A Bat
Nov 16, 2010

so please do not turn your head or body around while dictating, putting your voice out of range of the microphone's power.  I thank you. ...

I'm Gettting Really Tired Of Hearing About Everyone Around Me
Dec 04, 2010

either getting a big fat bonus for Christmas from their employers or getting 2 weeks of PAID time off.  Sister getting 2 weeks of paid time off AND a 3500-dollar bonus.  Daughter getting 1000 bonus, friend getting bonus...... ...

Has Anybody Else Not Been Hearing Back From Companies?
Jan 30, 2011

I have applied to 20 different companies for jobs and not one single company has replied.  I have over 20 years of experience.  Is it just me or is the medical transcription field just flooded right now with people submitting resumes because nobody wants to do voice activation?  In the past, I would always hear back right away.  ...

Hearing Aids And Earphones
Dec 18, 2011

I will be purchasing hearing aids soon and have two related questions. What type of headphones can I use, if at all, with: In-ear hearing aids, Behind-the-ear hearing aids. Would also be nice to know where I can get same at a decent price.  At this time I purchase my transcription gear at Martel Electronics. Thanks, all, and keep that volume turned down (no my hearing didn't go that way;  I am just getting older). ...

Been Hearing A Lot About Medical Scribes
May 30, 2012

I have been hearing a lot about medical scribes.  I am wondering if the transcription companies are going to start losing accounts because the doctors are going to switch to this new way of doing the medical records.  Has this happened to anyone yet? ...

Hearing Back From Apps.
Dec 10, 2012

I'm just wondering.  Does anyone EVER hear from any of these companies after applying and sending a resume.   Just curious.   Not asking for much just a little acknowledgement.  ...

SICK Of Testing And Not Hearing Anything
Apr 14, 2014

I'm sick of testing and testing and never hearing anything or hearing back we're sorry, you don't meet our needs.  I have 15 years of frickin experience.  My QA scores are always between 99% to 100%.  I know the BOS.  I do QA for crying out loud.  I'm starting to think it's easier for MT's with little to no experience to get a job these days than it is for a seasoned MT who actually knows what they're doing.  I think the whole reas ...

Suggestions For Improved Hearing???
May 15, 2014

I've been having trouble picking up the small words of ESLs lately, probably due to my age and the loud music in my younger days, but I was wondering if there is any hope for me? If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I've tried the high end headphones and ear buds, but the quality seems the same to me.  TIA  ...

Getting Frustrated Keep Applying And Never Hearing Anything
Jul 31, 2014

Anybody elsewhere experience that?  I remember when I used to apply to someplace and I always heard at least invited to test or offered a position, now I can apply to at least 10 places and be very lucky even to hear from one of them.  Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong in my resume that I need to look at.  Just wondering if anyone else is having that problem?  ...

Most Comfortable Headphones
Oct 15, 2009

Which headphones do you like the best in terms of comfort and quality? Some of the ones that fit inside the ears, the earbuds, make my ears sore. My boss suggested the noise-canceling kind that fit over the ears, but they are very expensive and they also look like they were be very heavy to wear. Any recommendations would be great, thank you. ...

Comfortable Headphones
Oct 18, 2009

I've always used just cheap stereo headphones but I want to try some of the ones that are made specifically for transcription. The problem is the kind that fit inside my ears can hurt, the ones that are more rounded buds and have foam on them. What headphones do you recommend that are comfortable inside the ear? I tried some recently from a fellow MT and I think they were made by Lanier but I can't remember, but they seemed comfortable. Is Lanier the best also for sound quality? I loo ...

Good Headphones?
Dec 03, 2009

Hi...My headphones bit the dust.  I like over-the-ear headphones.  It is hard to find a store that has a setup so you can listen to the sound quality.  What brands/models do you all like for better voice discrimination?  Thanks in advance. ...

Headphones. Can Anyone Suggest A
Dec 31, 2009

to buy, perhaps from Radio Shack or online?  The headset that came with my Bayscribe pedal is just a standard transcription headset.  Since many of the dictators think that whispering or talking with their mouths away from the microphone is acceptable, I need to upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Interference With Headphones
Oct 23, 2010

Does anyone use a laptop with a wireless router and does it cause any interference on your headphones?  Sometimes my cellphone will cause a clicking/crackling sound in my headphones when it rings, so I'm wondering if a router will do the same thing.  Thanks! ...