A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hearing back from apps. - hoosiermt

Posted: Dec 10, 2012

I'm just wondering.  Does anyone EVER hear from any of these companies after applying and sending a resume.   Just curious.   Not asking for much just a little acknowledgement. 

A few companies will actually acknowledge - JC

[ In Reply To ..]
that I sent in a resume and politely tell me they do not need my services due to lack of experience or what not. This is not the norm as most companies will only contact you if they want you to test.

Hearing back from apps - PAMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I've even tested for companies and never heard back...not even so much as a "thank you for testing, we decided to hire someone else for the position." I think when you spend couple of hours of your time to test, they should at least let you know where you stand.

Hearing back from apps. - hoosiermt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks...I just thought it was me! I appreciate the reply

Hearing back from apps - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually think it's better to apply randomly when no jobs are advertised, there's probably less likelihood of your resume getting lost in the shuffle when they have 100+ at a time. I'm out of MT, at least for a while, but when I applied and tested without responding to a specific ad I had a lot of responses. I never wanted any of the jobs but I did hear from them. That was several months ago so things could have changed since then.

Applications - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You just confirmed what I posted about a week ago and thought all along, i.e., applying for a job just for an ego trip. Do you even begin to realize what it cost to review and test an applicant, especially for a smaller MTSO who is setting up the account(s) and responsible to the client? In the past, after placing an ad I had to respond to literally 1000-2000 applicants while transcribing and setting up several accounts only to read nasty posts how applicants are not receiving "personal responses, thanking them for responding" and "how evil I am" for not responding to each one personally" when I actually did. Well there you are....

Now you all wonder why there is severe overhiring, QA, and JWA. All your own doing!

I, however, am glad you did not show up, as I am making a lot of money with lots of dictators MTs would literally kill for.

Ego trip - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because the job is there and an offer is made, it does not mean that I have to accept it. I knew my MT job would be ending and I love MT so had wanted to continue doing it after being laid off. I spent over a year testing and turning down offers because I couldn't nake a living on what anyone was paying. I don't have a second income and also need health insurance, which I could not afford at any MTSO. Everything is tied to production, so one or two bad pay periods, even if you don't have enough work for me to do, messes up my budget as well as my ability to get benefits, if you provide them at all. Equipment? Forget that, all of that is at my expense too. Yes, I applied and tested at many companies, but I'm sorry, I can't afford to work for you. As an employer, it is your job to screen applicants, so don't put that guilt trip on me. I'm working in a non-MT job now after many, many years. It was not my first choice, but I did what I had to do in order to make a living. I don't work as a personal favor to you.
I get you. - RC
[ In Reply To ..]
I turn down jobs that don't pay more than what I'm currently making. I'm not into lateral moves, especially at the line rate I'm making now.

If companies don't want to waste their time testing, interviewing, etc, they should state the pay rate right from the get-go.

"All your own doing?" - RC

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you accept every job offer you get? I only accept job offers with terms I agree with. That doesn't happen a lot of the time.

this post doesn't even make sense - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How is overhiring on the part of an MTSO the fault of the applicant? That's just plain foolishness.
it sounds like - to me
[ In Reply To ..]
that she is "off her meds" again...totally unrelated to the OP, and sounds like a personal "gripe."
overhiring - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
As it relates to MTs accepting the job, stating what hours and when they will work, and then not showing up for work at all. Happens all the time with several service owners I know.

I could possibly understand if they had at least started and did not like the account or found it was not worth their time, but that was not the case. BTW, the pay was 10 cpl or more, clear English-speaking dictators, etc. Their loss, my gain I guess.
No one on this thread did that. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The poster said she was contacted, but didn't want the jobs. She didn't say she was hired and didn't show up.
yes as you so often remind us - heard it all before
[ In Reply To ..]
we know, you have great accounts, bunch of easy templates to fill in, making sometimes $100 an hour, can't hire any decent help, don't even try to hire here anymore, and if anyone does request that you at least give them a try, you promise to contact them by email and never do. Did I leave anything out?

Why - would

[ In Reply To ..]
you do that?

to see if there are any good jobs - not the OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not the poster, but it's simple to figure out. You apply to jobs to see if you get a good offer. Which she didn't. If the MTSOs would give a little more info up front, maybe this wouldn't happen so often.
The only thing is with - putting their offer on the ad itself
[ In Reply To ..]
nobody would even bother to apply. They try to "suck you in" first, some even making you test before they give out the pay info. It is such a waste of time, both theirs and ours.

I've been doing the same for over 10 years, too. - anonabon SM

[ In Reply To ..]
In reference to the post about sending resumes randomly and not necessarily when company has an ad out.

I also send one a month or so after an ad, when those hired are dropping out for whatever reason and the MTSO has to hire again.

They get thousands of resumes, sometimes the off chances are better and they will at least hold yours to possibly avoid having to go through the ad process. But when there is a recruiter, well, I think they just keep placing ad over ad over ad over ad over ad...paid by the warm bodies they are.

That is why - see message - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
That is why I said in my earlier post to send out resumes when companies are not necesarily hiring. They may have less to sort through, and yours may be the one that catches their attention.

Similar Messages:

Hearing Back
Apr 14, 2011

Did anyone hear back after sending their resume to Transform for the positions they have available?  I hate this waiting and waiting...it makes me nervous. ...

Has Anybody Else Not Been Hearing Back From Companies?
Jan 30, 2011

I have applied to 20 different companies for jobs and not one single company has replied.  I have over 20 years of experience.  Is it just me or is the medical transcription field just flooded right now with people submitting resumes because nobody wants to do voice activation?  In the past, I would always hear back right away.  ...

How Long Before Hearing Back From Nuance? Anyone Know? This Is Ad Dated 1/11. Nm
Jan 19, 2012

nm ...

Wondering If There Is A Typical Lag Time For Hearing Back Once You Have Tested.
Sep 25, 2012

Tough to decide who to test with these days, but having done so I don't want to just sit here forever waiting for a response that should have long since come indicating, therefore, that no response will be coming.  Any thoughts?  A week?  Less?  More? ...

Interesting Article Regards Apps And
Oct 24, 2014

From Boston Biz Journal http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/health-care/2014/10/apps-the-next-frontier-to-the-electronic-medical.html?page=all ...

Sending Resume On Company Apps
Sep 12, 2011

Does anyone know how to send your resume when you fill out the online application at a company's website?  There is the usual blank (tiny window) and to the right of that box it states browse.  When you click on browse it takes you to where your resume is located on your computer, and then instead of actually putting your resume into the app, it just puts where your resume is located.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this.  If someone would be so ki ...

Inscribe NOT Accepting Apps From CA Residents?
Aug 29, 2012

I went to apply with Inscribe and they have this posted: At present, InScribe is unable to accept applications from any resident of the State of California. I live in CA...I knew we were an odd bunch but I didn't know we were unemployable. If anyone knows can you please tell me WHY I can't work for them? Thank you! ...

Suggestions On How To Learn New Office Apps
Aug 06, 2014

I used to be an office temp back in the '80s before I was an MT. Anyone know best and cheapest way to learn the new office software? On line? Through an agency? I used to love temping. You stay out of the office politics and you are always offered a job (because I worked hard.) That was good for my ego. Last thing I remember using was WordPerfect 5.1, back in the dinosaur age. Do I need to just purchase them and learn on my own? I appreciate any help. ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

I Am Hearing
Apr 11, 2011

2+ microcytosis.  Is this correct?  I have not heard it before.  TIA.  ...

2 Am. Not Sure What I'm Hearing
Dec 08, 2011

The dr dictates "Extremities:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  S/L "Emowads" are in place."  Now my head is getting fuzzy and i have 2 turn this in.  Plz help!! ...

How Often Are You All Hearing From Your TSM?
Oct 24, 2013

I'm on a whole new team now and communication from the new abbreviation has literally been ZERO.  Curious ... is one email in a month, average for most TSMs?  ...

I've Been Hearing More
Nov 14, 2013

that the ILPs are supposed to start doing all their own QA.  Anyone know if this is true? (can you say the blind leading the blind)? ...

MPS Measurement Of Hearing??
Aug 24, 2011

Doctor says: "s/l MPS measurements revealed normal middle ear compliance and pressures." ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

Hearing Issue
Mar 20, 2015

Had eye exam today--getting new glasses.  Can't wait to see better. I also had a brief hearing test as well.  Got set up for appointment with audiologist.  It seems my left ear does not hear low tones and the right does not hear high tones.  It is no wonder to me as all the years I have worn headphones, ear buds, or loud music.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  ...

They Have Been Hearing These Same Things Over And Over And Over And
Mar 27, 2015

...the business model works well for them. They made their money off you before you even signed on. They made it 1) when they landed your previous facility's contract and 2) when you were gullible enough to sign on to help voice wreck unemploy yourselves. If they wanted you to stick around you'd be so overworked you could not stand it. Nothing new about any of this stuff except this appears to be the latest set of Nuance casualties. In another month there will be another new set when t ...

Am I Hearing FLORAL?
Apr 11, 2015

would FLORAL be the word that I'm hearing? "fibrocystic change and mild-to-moderate floral ductal hyperplasia without atypia"                 ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Does What I Think I'm Hearing Make Sense?
Mar 29, 2010

Does the following sentence make sense? If so, what does it mean? Thyroid ultrasound was performed gratis for realtime visualization. Thanks! ...

I Do Not Possess Echo Hearing; I Am Not A Bat
Nov 16, 2010

so please do not turn your head or body around while dictating, putting your voice out of range of the microphone's power.  I thank you. ...

I'm Gettting Really Tired Of Hearing About Everyone Around Me
Dec 04, 2010

either getting a big fat bonus for Christmas from their employers or getting 2 weeks of PAID time off.  Sister getting 2 weeks of paid time off AND a 3500-dollar bonus.  Daughter getting 1000 bonus, friend getting bonus...... ...

Trouble Hearing Out Of One Ear On Headphones
Oct 08, 2011

Help - Have no sound on right side of my headset listening to a tape in my Lanier.  Headset works in Express Scribe, though.  If I switch out the headphones for another pair, can't hear on the right side there either on the Lanier.  Lanier has been working fine up to this point.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?  ...

Hearing Aids And Earphones
Dec 18, 2011

I will be purchasing hearing aids soon and have two related questions. What type of headphones can I use, if at all, with: In-ear hearing aids, Behind-the-ear hearing aids. Would also be nice to know where I can get same at a decent price.  At this time I purchase my transcription gear at Martel Electronics. Thanks, all, and keep that volume turned down (no my hearing didn't go that way;  I am just getting older). ...

Been Hearing A Lot About Medical Scribes
May 30, 2012

I have been hearing a lot about medical scribes.  I am wondering if the transcription companies are going to start losing accounts because the doctors are going to switch to this new way of doing the medical records.  Has this happened to anyone yet? ...

Best Headphones For Hearing Numbers?
Jul 03, 2012

What are the best headphones for hearing numbers? The numbers are getting mushy and slowing me down... help! ...

SICK Of Testing And Not Hearing Anything
Apr 14, 2014

I'm sick of testing and testing and never hearing anything or hearing back we're sorry, you don't meet our needs.  I have 15 years of frickin experience.  My QA scores are always between 99% to 100%.  I know the BOS.  I do QA for crying out loud.  I'm starting to think it's easier for MT's with little to no experience to get a job these days than it is for a seasoned MT who actually knows what they're doing.  I think the whole reas ...

Suggestions For Improved Hearing???
May 15, 2014

I've been having trouble picking up the small words of ESLs lately, probably due to my age and the loud music in my younger days, but I was wondering if there is any hope for me? If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I've tried the high end headphones and ear buds, but the quality seems the same to me.  TIA  ...

Getting Frustrated Keep Applying And Never Hearing Anything
Jul 31, 2014

Anybody elsewhere experience that?  I remember when I used to apply to someplace and I always heard at least invited to test or offered a position, now I can apply to at least 10 places and be very lucky even to hear from one of them.  Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong in my resume that I need to look at.  Just wondering if anyone else is having that problem?  ...

Wire Used For CABG. S/L 3.5 Angioskull. That's What I'm Hearing.
Oct 28, 2009

nm ...