A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm gettting really tired of hearing about everyone around me - Kiki1

Posted: Dec 04, 2010

either getting a big fat bonus for Christmas from their employers or getting 2 weeks of PAID time off.  Sister getting 2 weeks of paid time off AND a 3500-dollar bonus.  Daughter getting 1000 bonus, friend getting bonus......

Me too, I feel bad because I am so whiney and petty - but it does get very very old

[ In Reply To ..]
when one of my friends just bought a plane and another made more in end-of-year bonus than my salary for the entire year. Bah-humbug.

Nothing petty about it - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It is only natural to feel the way so many feel. I once worked with a good friend who could not get pregnant after years of trying. She finally got to the point where she could not go to one more baby shower. She would cry at work after people came in the office time after time asking when she and her husband were planning on starting a family. Did I look at her with disrespect, or think less of her for her feelings? Absolutely not. We are human, and what you and others feel is completely normal. It is hard to listen to family and friends talk of so much time off and getting regular raises.

Bonuses------maybe you should hit what's his nose in the face with these facts! sm - MqMt

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ does not know what decent pay is much less a bonus!!! Maybe we need to inform him what that is!

The thing is when I emailed him and asked him how he would feel if his pay was cut when the voice went down the second time, he just said it was "within the business normal to be paid what we are."

They just don't care period!!!!

I hear ya. All we get is the spectre of January layoffs. - Bonuses... Bah, humbug.

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

re: Kiki and followers - mustang

[ In Reply To ..]
You all must be a joy to hang out with! Really?? Your daughter gets a fantastic bonus and you are "tired of hearing about it"?? Your friends and others get great bonuses, vacations and you all begrudge them their happiness? Do you stand in front of them as they burst to share their news slack jawed in horrid disbelief and resentment?

We don't work for that kind of company! This industry has not been lucrative or generous for ages now! We know this isn't going to happen for us.

If you really are sick and tired of hearing of others good blessings and reward for their hard work, find another job.

Oh yeah, I forgot, excuse#1: I'm too old. #2. I'm too sick. #3: I've become a social phobic. #4: I'm too depressed and slobbish to leave the house, I have kids.....

How about next time a friend or relative wants to express their joy for their reward from their job, you put on a real, sincere smile and celebrate with them rather than eat worms and sulk.

grow up.

Again? - The broken record

[ In Reply To ..]
Good Lord, don't you ever get tired of hearing your own words? You are the same one who comes back at everyone. You are a bore.

mustang - radityper

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with mustang. Drama. Get out and get another job. You all complaining about the job you are lucky to have (look around folks) is a broken record.
Which way do you want it? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You tell them to consider themselves lucky to have a job but then tell them if they don't like it to quit. Well, duh, as you've already noted, they don't have a lot of alternatives.

And, frankly, companies love it when they can get shills telling the employees who see something wrong that they should be happy they have a job. It enables them to ignore any problems and to keep tightening the noose around the employee neck until they eventually leave or hang themselves. Should I assume that you'll be wearing the noose?
A number of years ago, my boss bragged to us - about the amazing bonus she was - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
getting that year. Her bonus alone was as much as we made in a year. She went out and bought a brand new car with it. We got a $15 gift card to Walmart, which I spent entirely on the survival staples: Sugar, flour, salt, pepper, milk, canned goods, & pet food. And still didn't have enough paycheck to cover the month's rent, let alone have a Christmas.
re: radityper - frank
[ In Reply To ..]
What are shills?

No one is really and truly without options. There are other jobs to be found. I firmly believe that only puppets allow a company to "control" them.

It's no different now than it was ever before. If you are not able to make a living, you have to seek out alternative employment, find a better job, move away, get government help or whatever. The noose tightens around those who put it there themselves.

My grandfather worked up until the day he died because he had to. He never complained! My grandmother also worked, doing whatever she could, cooking, making jelly, jams, cakes, sewing, alternations... That's what they did to survive, to get by. They didn't complain!

My mom worked 3 jobs 7 days a week after my dad left, she has (had) arthritis and Epstein Barr! It became "normal" for us to pick up slack at home and me and my siblings got jobs in our teens, while still in high school to help her. She is in her 70's and still works part time because "she wouldn't know what to do with her time anyway!"

Mustang is right, this company is not one of those of old.
re: Frank - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
My mom set the example for me. She refused to go on welfare when my dad passed. We had nothing and she had no job skills, but she found work, and did as your mom, worked all week, sometimes nights too and we also learned that if we wanted something while we were in school, we'd better find somewhat to earn the money to pay for it.

I don't like that there are so many that complain, saying that it can't get any worse. They need to be careful about what they say, because take it from me, (sometimes we had no heat or electricity...), it can get much worse...
And I bet you believe the millionaires should get a tax break, too!! nm - Happy Holidays!!
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
re: radityper - oracle
[ In Reply To ..]
yeah... I think you completely missed the point. Watch out! Fly by! swoosh!!!

re: again - mustang

[ In Reply To ..]
such a bore you felt compelled to retort?

Ya I was waiting to hear from you.......... - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I AM happy for THEM and I absolutely and sincerely tell them that.

And what do you mean we don't work for THAT kind of company. You mean an honest, caring company that pays its employees well and rewards them? Yes, my bad, you ARE right there.

I'm getting sick of posters (probably just one, you) coming on here telling us to "get another job then".....there are many reasons we could still be here...so why can't you just go away and let us vent a little will ya.

I think we all know who the "get another job" posters - actually are....... sm

[ In Reply To ..]
.... they are the wearers of pinstriped business suits, skirts, blazers and "sensible" shoes, and sport cookie-cutter corporate haircuts.

re: Kiki1 - Mustang

[ In Reply To ..]
Sincere and happy when they get their work rewards?? But, your heading starts off "I am sick and tired of hearing"... you are such a hypocrit!

and again, YOU want to "vent" about your woes, yet don't want ME to?

You are a walking contradiction of your self proclaimed opinions and rights! I also have the right to "vent", I just don't graze in the pastures with the rest of the sheep eating the "woe is me" weeds, instead I find greener fields.

I can be happy for them and also tired of - Kiki1
[ In Reply To ..]
hearing about it!! The tired part is more tired that I am not working for the great companies that they are. Has to do with my OWN disappointment.

I did NOT say you didn't have the right to vent, just vent on your OWN and don't come crashing down on everyone's else's.

And you still work for the "Q" ???? nm - Laughing out Loud
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

agree with mustang - no flame

[ In Reply To ..]
A bonus is a bonus, and should not be expected.

Rejoice and celebrate your friends and family.

My company used to give two weeks' pay as a bonus. Nothing the last couple years.

Do I prefer the bonus? Yes.
Do I expect a bonus? No.
Do I resent my loved ones for their good fortune. No, for crying out loud!

Agree - PedalPshr

[ In Reply To ..]
Envy is not healthy

Tired of hearing it... - SillyRabbit

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not as blunt as 'Musty,' but I too have come to the conclusion that we might as well just shut up. This company is owned, by the most part, by a foreign entity that is not bound by lawful American business practices. They can and do treat MTs as they please. They will be in business until their parasitical lack of ethics eventually eats them alive. The demise of the American economy as we used to know it reflects global business practices, get rich, get richer, get even richer, then get out and leave the hapless employees holding the empty bag.

I went on a job search last week and it was a wonderful adventure. My recent MT experiences have made everyting else look rosy to me. The in-office crowd does not know how good they have it. They are not isolated in their homes. Therefore, employers have to deal somewhat fairer with them.

It's a big world MTs. We can do better than this. MTs are among the more intelligent people in the world. YOU CAN AND WILL BE SUCCESSFUL AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CONTINUE TO TAKE THIS CRAP.

The ones getting bonuses work inhouse and get wages or salaries. - It is different for us working at home.

[ In Reply To ..]
Last inhouse position I worked, I got $1200 each Christmas. I also did a lot of work not on the job description for a normal MT. Here, at home, we can only do MT work and it is paid piecemeal, not hourly or salary.

If you want bonuses, go back inhouse and be paid like everyone else.

You can huff and puff all you want about whether you think it is fair or not but it won't change how it works.

BTDT

On-site bonuses - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on site and probably will be getting my hours cut from FT to PT due to VR, if I'm lucky enough to keep my job. I'm paid hourly now, but working in health care is not what it used to be, I don't think anyone gives bonuses like that any more.

We sacrifice at home, too - Not just on site

[ In Reply To ..]
How much of what we do is not in our job description, or should I say, we do not get paid for a lot of what we do, i.e., time it takes to read our e-mail and answer (adds up), ADT fix-its, looking up words a doctor mumbles. We only gait paid for what we type, and not even fully paid for what we are responsible for, i.e. responsible now for a lot more medical content at the same take-home pay. MQ takes advantage of us working at home as they don't have the responsibility of answering our concerns face-to-face as in an office. I'm so tired of being shat upon for working at home. My time is money, folks. When you take advantage of an employee - BE IT WORKING AT HOME OR IN AN OFFICE - a bonus shows appreciation, and lack of it shows none.

Why should WHERE we work matter? We work just - as hard, if not harder, than they do.

[ In Reply To ..]
zXy

I don't even get the same respect from my - husband since I went to

[ In Reply To ..]
work at home. He bragged about my great job when I worked for a large local hospital. Now even he thinks I am just a housewife with my little typing hobby. If my own husband who sees me struggling day after day can't respect what I do, why should I expect more from Q?
I'd hand him the headphones and a nice juicy neuro op - report and say "Here, YOU try it!"
[ In Reply To ..]
I have let him listen to the jibberish. He hears - the ridiculous E-mails
[ In Reply To ..]
from MedQuist and CCM. He knows about ASR. He has seen my pay go down and down. It apparently is the working at home -- since I am not in the fancy hospital building swiping my badge, his respect for what I do has done a 180 (or maybe because I don't make as much?). I have brought this up, and he swears it is not so, but I beg to differ. Even my own kids want to come by, call, and leave the occasional sick grandchild (heck they have asked me to watch them FULLTIME). They would have never done that when I worked on site. Nobody respects us working at home -- thus how can we possibly expect more from MQ?
re: Husband - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, you have very little respect for yourself as well! Your few lines speak volumes. I am sorry you are struggling and have lost your self respect and the inner strength to demand respect from your husband and partner. I would demand it.

applied for in-house job. Went to a friend of the - supervisor. Person not

[ In Reply To ..]
even transcribing for a while. Would love to be back hourly with real benefits. Trust me.

What the - Get real

[ In Reply To ..]
So you must be one of the people who don't consider working at home a "real job." This company is making money hand over fist and living very high off of the hard work of it's employees. In case you forget, this company was built up to be one of the largest transcription companies in the country, if not THE largest by those of us just hangin' around the house acting like we have a job. . . . right??

Inhouse Bonuses - SillyRabbit

[ In Reply To ..]
This company is making tremendous profit and could and would pay us better if we were inhouse. They would have to if they wanted us to be able to afford gas or train fare to get to work. However, they don't want to pay for office space, office furniture, liability insurance, office supplies, electricity, etc. Therefore, I doubt they will ever return to inhouse MTs.

My sister did not get a raise, she got a car leased for 3 years with insurance paid!!!! - WISHING FOR A BOSS LIKE THAT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Its not that we are sick of hearing it....it would be nice - if we felt appreciated

[ In Reply To ..]
That is all it comes down to....feeling appreciated.

Yeah, friends get bonuses and raises. It is not that I am unhappy for them. It is just the opposite. I am very proud of them!!!!

I don't believe I am jealous of their raises and bonuses or sick of hearing friends doing well in their careers, I feel a little jealous that they are appreciated and rewarded for a job well done.

We bust our butts everyday in this job and it would be nice to be appreciated other than at the end of a corporate email.

Similar Messages:

MTSO Informed Me That She Is Tired Of Hearing
Apr 11, 2010

the MTs she interview over the phone state the only reason they are leaving there jobs in pursuit of a new one is because there is no work.  She said that is not a valid reason and she would hesitate to hire me because I was yet another one to state that.  ******* That is the truth!!!  She said if the work should get low or slow, would I leave her?  I was at a loss for words.  I mean, I guess she was right, but what the heck else am I to say the next time.  If ...

OK, I'm Tired Of Hearing Baby Aspirin.
Feb 20, 2014

Babies cannot take aspirin. I suggest a revolt.  How about we starting transcribing "bear aspirin."   Just need a smile today. ...

How Come I Am Gettting Feedback With Say 3 Minor Errors And
Feb 15, 2012

they are markers that I placed becuase I couldnt understand something, yet QA counldnt either and just made new markers???  I was told no more then 1 marker goes through to the customer... ...

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

I Am Hearing
Apr 11, 2011

2+ microcytosis.  Is this correct?  I have not heard it before.  TIA.  ...

2 Am. Not Sure What I'm Hearing
Dec 08, 2011

The dr dictates "Extremities:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  S/L "Emowads" are in place."  Now my head is getting fuzzy and i have 2 turn this in.  Plz help!! ...

How Often Are You All Hearing From Your TSM?
Oct 24, 2013

I'm on a whole new team now and communication from the new abbreviation has literally been ZERO.  Curious ... is one email in a month, average for most TSMs?  ...

I've Been Hearing More
Nov 14, 2013

that the ILPs are supposed to start doing all their own QA.  Anyone know if this is true? (can you say the blind leading the blind)? ...

Hearing Back
Apr 14, 2011

Did anyone hear back after sending their resume to Transform for the positions they have available?  I hate this waiting and waiting...it makes me nervous. ...

MPS Measurement Of Hearing??
Aug 24, 2011

Doctor says: "s/l MPS measurements revealed normal middle ear compliance and pressures." ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

Hearing Issue
Mar 20, 2015

Had eye exam today--getting new glasses.  Can't wait to see better. I also had a brief hearing test as well.  Got set up for appointment with audiologist.  It seems my left ear does not hear low tones and the right does not hear high tones.  It is no wonder to me as all the years I have worn headphones, ear buds, or loud music.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  ...

They Have Been Hearing These Same Things Over And Over And Over And
Mar 27, 2015

...the business model works well for them. They made their money off you before you even signed on. They made it 1) when they landed your previous facility's contract and 2) when you were gullible enough to sign on to help voice wreck unemploy yourselves. If they wanted you to stick around you'd be so overworked you could not stand it. Nothing new about any of this stuff except this appears to be the latest set of Nuance casualties. In another month there will be another new set when t ...

Am I Hearing FLORAL?
Apr 11, 2015

would FLORAL be the word that I'm hearing? "fibrocystic change and mild-to-moderate floral ductal hyperplasia without atypia"                 ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Does What I Think I'm Hearing Make Sense?
Mar 29, 2010

Does the following sentence make sense? If so, what does it mean? Thyroid ultrasound was performed gratis for realtime visualization. Thanks! ...

I Do Not Possess Echo Hearing; I Am Not A Bat
Nov 16, 2010

so please do not turn your head or body around while dictating, putting your voice out of range of the microphone's power.  I thank you. ...

Has Anybody Else Not Been Hearing Back From Companies?
Jan 30, 2011

I have applied to 20 different companies for jobs and not one single company has replied.  I have over 20 years of experience.  Is it just me or is the medical transcription field just flooded right now with people submitting resumes because nobody wants to do voice activation?  In the past, I would always hear back right away.  ...

Trouble Hearing Out Of One Ear On Headphones
Oct 08, 2011

Help - Have no sound on right side of my headset listening to a tape in my Lanier.  Headset works in Express Scribe, though.  If I switch out the headphones for another pair, can't hear on the right side there either on the Lanier.  Lanier has been working fine up to this point.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?  ...

Hearing Aids And Earphones
Dec 18, 2011

I will be purchasing hearing aids soon and have two related questions. What type of headphones can I use, if at all, with: In-ear hearing aids, Behind-the-ear hearing aids. Would also be nice to know where I can get same at a decent price.  At this time I purchase my transcription gear at Martel Electronics. Thanks, all, and keep that volume turned down (no my hearing didn't go that way;  I am just getting older). ...

Been Hearing A Lot About Medical Scribes
May 30, 2012

I have been hearing a lot about medical scribes.  I am wondering if the transcription companies are going to start losing accounts because the doctors are going to switch to this new way of doing the medical records.  Has this happened to anyone yet? ...

Best Headphones For Hearing Numbers?
Jul 03, 2012

What are the best headphones for hearing numbers? The numbers are getting mushy and slowing me down... help! ...

Hearing Back From Apps.
Dec 10, 2012

I'm just wondering.  Does anyone EVER hear from any of these companies after applying and sending a resume.   Just curious.   Not asking for much just a little acknowledgement.  ...

SICK Of Testing And Not Hearing Anything
Apr 14, 2014

I'm sick of testing and testing and never hearing anything or hearing back we're sorry, you don't meet our needs.  I have 15 years of frickin experience.  My QA scores are always between 99% to 100%.  I know the BOS.  I do QA for crying out loud.  I'm starting to think it's easier for MT's with little to no experience to get a job these days than it is for a seasoned MT who actually knows what they're doing.  I think the whole reas ...

Suggestions For Improved Hearing???
May 15, 2014

I've been having trouble picking up the small words of ESLs lately, probably due to my age and the loud music in my younger days, but I was wondering if there is any hope for me? If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I've tried the high end headphones and ear buds, but the quality seems the same to me.  TIA  ...

Getting Frustrated Keep Applying And Never Hearing Anything
Jul 31, 2014

Anybody elsewhere experience that?  I remember when I used to apply to someplace and I always heard at least invited to test or offered a position, now I can apply to at least 10 places and be very lucky even to hear from one of them.  Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong in my resume that I need to look at.  Just wondering if anyone else is having that problem?  ...

Wire Used For CABG. S/L 3.5 Angioskull. That's What I'm Hearing.
Oct 28, 2009

nm ...

Hearing Loss/rheumatoid Arthritis
Oct 28, 2009

Anyone out there have any hearing loss? I have developed significant hearing loss. My ENT has encouraged me to keep transcribing, with the use of a boosted headset and I am trying. Telephone use is very difficult and almost non-existent. Boosters do not help. Also diagnosed recently with RA and having difficulty with my fingers, but not letting it get me down. I am on treatment that is working well. Just wondered if anyone else is having any of these issues and how they are dealing with them. Th ...

Do You Think MQ Would Pay Work Comp For Hearing Loss
Feb 12, 2011

yeah, ow.  Ears ringing all day. ...

On A More Serious Note,,I Have Been Noticing Serious Hearing Problems
Mar 08, 2012

Starting to concern me a bit...and I know it isnt reversible. ...