A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

tapes to wave files - AmMT

Posted: Jan 18, 2011

I'm trying to find equipment/info that will convert microcassettes and mini cassettes to voice files.  I found a company called Martel Electronics and they have exactly what I'm looking for but when you click on it to buy the equipment it skips over and goes to like a home page.   I need something that will duplicate the tapes in speed recording time and not minute for minute or it will take me forever to convert.   Any help would be appreciated.  TIA

That is a very reputable company - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
Martel would be the company I would turn to for the equipment you need. If you are having problems with the web site, just give them a call and they should be able to help you.

Similar Messages:

Doc Wary Of Going From Tapes To Wave Files..sm
May 04, 2010

I am moving and want to keep the local doctor I type for by utilizing my WAV pedal and software.  However, when I approached the doctor about this, she was wary of having me be hundreds of miles away and typing for her.  She doesn't mind the format because she had a previous transcriptionist use it, but she was "local."  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments to help me out with this?  Thanks in advance.  Anything would be appreciated. ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

Wave Files/C Phone
Mar 28, 2010

Hi: I don't mean to be stupid, but I am in the same boat a lot of you are and I can't t take this anymore. I started applying at other places but I have never worked for a co. that didn't supply me with all computer equip.  I have a newer Dell computer and I think it meets all the requirements most places are asking for and I have Word Perfect not MS Word.  I have a USB foot pedal.  I think I am ready to go for some places, but can someone briefly educate me on ...

Wave Files Player
Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group. ...

Transferring Microcassettes To Wave Files
Oct 31, 2009

Anyone out there know of a way to transfer dictated info on microcassettes to wave files?   Thanks In Advance. ...

Dragon And Wave Files And I Can't Get It To Work.
Aug 07, 2010

I had a stroke five years ago and started using Dragon to transcribe after having done transcription for 30 years by typing.  It works okay with Dictaphone, but I am at a loss as to how to make it work with wave files that come over the internet.  As almost everything is done this way now, does anyone know if it is possible to use two sound cards, one for dragon and one for wave files or if there is some way I can make this work so that I can still work?  Dragon can be a nightmare ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Does Anyone Still Use Tapes?
Jan 04, 2013

Our very old dictation machines broke for our docs who still dictate on tapes. Any suggestions on replacement machines? They still want to use tapes. We are not able to go digital at this time. Thank you. ...

Doctor Who Uses Tapes
Jan 30, 2012

I have a doctor that still uses tapes and refuses to go digital or call-in.  The problem is there is interference on the tapes and I can barely hear him.  They think it is my transcriber, which it could be, but I don't think it would be worth the investment to buy a new transcriber for tapes when hardly any doctors even use them anymore!  I need some opinions from my fellow MTs on this subject!  I risk losing the entire account of 3 doctors (2 are digital) if I don' ...

Advice Pls - No More Tapes
Feb 27, 2012

My small doc's office is not wanting to use tapes any more and wants a call in system where they can just use their phones and I will have them pick up from an FTP site.  Can someone post or email me some reputable, reliable ways I can do this for them?  Thank you very much! ...

Help...Account Wants To Switch From Tapes To ?
Sep 09, 2010

I have always transcribed either from a C-phone, tapes, or worked for a national that had their own dictation platform. My local account wants to switch from tapes to something similar to Emdat and wants my advice. He has very little dictation and just needs something that he can dictate from any phone, where I can access it from home. Obviously, I'm not up to speed on new technology so any friendly advice would be helpful. Thank you! ...

My Clients Want To Switch From Tapes To Digital Sm
Oct 19, 2009

My two docs, whom I have typed for 6 years, are considering going to digital dictation from tapes. I told them I would look into it and need some advice. I can't seem to find how to search the archives on this new board...can some of you offer me some names of transcription platforms that I can check out? I would be most appreciative.... ...

Is It STT Changes, STT-wave Changes, ST And T Wave Changes?
Jan 10, 2013

This has always confused me.  Thanks for the help. ...

Ready For Another Wave Of . . . .
Mar 06, 2010

Ok, so we DO NOT get paid for reading through our QA feedback, we are getting our line counts cut, and we do not get paid for looking up old reports to cut down on QA?  Something tells me the wind is shfiting and it is ain't smelling too ripe.  Batten down the hatches ladies and gents, thar she BLOWS!!!! ...

Transcription Wave
Mar 14, 2013

Anybody out there work for or know about Transcription Wave? They advertise their transcription service beginning at $69 per audio hour and it seems like they mostly offer legal transcription. Why are they recruiting on a medical transcription site? Any clues? Thanks. ...

EKG . . . . Late R Wave Transition
Jan 22, 2010

"Baseline EKG shows . . . . late R wave transition?" ...

New Wave Of Pay/training, Becoming Standard?
May 02, 2013

Good morning fellow MTs; I hope everyone is having a productive day!  Lately I have been contacted by two different companies via email stating I had contacted them in the past with my resume.  I am working but could always use something better right?  So I proceed to see what it's about and you know you don't get answers to those questions regarding pay scales and pay frequency upfront usually even when you do ask so I followed their jungle of steps, wasting quite a bit ...

EKG Showed VT Wave Inversions Anteriorly
Feb 19, 2014

EKG showed VT wave inversions anteriorly. Is VT wave correct? ...

EKG Report - He Says, T Wave Flat In S/l L Only, Basically Unremarkable. Thanks!
Jul 12, 2011

.. ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

S/l Alteration Of T Wave "morphalla G And V2"
Jul 26, 2010

Here is the context: Echocardiogram.  Inverted T waves in V4, V5, V6.  Alteration of T wave "morphalla G and V2".  Anyone know what this is really saying? Thanks, Abby ...

Correct Way To Type "ST And T Wave", Sm
Feb 02, 2014

is it ST-T wave, ST and T-wave, or is there a preferred format? Thanks. ...

DS2 Files
Aug 12, 2010

A large doctor's office I transcribe for is now sending files in DS2 format.  I have been using Express Scribe to open the files as DSS.  Is there any way to convert DS2 to DSS?   ...

.ds2 Files
Jul 20, 2011

What do you need to be able to transcribe .ds2 files? ...

? FTP Files
Apr 13, 2012

Have read several ads using FTP files,  I am not sure I know what this means,   would anyone care to share info if you know.     Ad reads something like,  knowledge of using FTP files.    Thank you ...

Wav Files
Jan 15, 2013

I am not able to use wav files with the above program.  I can only use dig files.   When downloading a wav file, I get an error message that says codec not found or no audio.   Can some one help me with this?   ...

DCT Files
Sep 24, 2013

does anyone know how to open a DCT file!?! ...

Mac And Wav Files
Feb 16, 2015

I have been out of the MT business for a couple of years but had an opportunity to do some parttime work. I have switched to a Macbook Pro and used to use Gearplayer and an Infinity foot pedal. Anyone know of something that would be compatiable with Mac since neither of these are? Also, wondered if my shorthand would work on it... Thanks for any advice.    ...

S/l "Petah" Wave On EEG
Nov 03, 2011

I'm hoping this isn't one that makes me facepalm my forehead when I learn what it is.  Sharp spike on s/l "Petah" wave? Maybe I was just watching too much Family Guy last night. Thanks! ...

Old Escription Files
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bring up old patient files on Escription/EditScript using version 8?  My company just upgraded from version 6 becasue it is not being supported anymore.  There are some changes between the two versions.  They did not give any directions, just said you need to upgrade, so do this.  I would really love to be able to go back and check things sometimes such as medications and previous diagnoses to make sure I hear them correctly, particularly when the sp ...