A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dragon naturally speaking & medrite - ccnerd

Posted: Sep 24, 2010

Does anyone know if Dragon Naturally Speaking can work with the old verson of the old Medrite transcription platform? Thanks.

Don't know the answer to this - but...

[ In Reply To ..]
You might try calling Crescendo Systems, the company that created MedRite. They're located in Quebec, Canada, but they probably have an 800 number or maybe even a US office that can answer your question. The original MedRite was in DOS, so I don't know if Dragon would be compatible.

Similar Messages:

Dragon Naturally Speaking 11.5
Dec 16, 2011

I have the Standard version 10 and had to deal with a lot of bug issues with it.  I love the program, but I didn't like the constant problems with trying to download updates, etc.  (I have Vista).    I wondered if anyone else out there bought this updated version and was pleased with it.  I'm hoping to hear that they have the bugs worked out of this program, as the program itself is great and a valuable assest to an MT who types in Word.  Any feedback a ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Instead Of Transcribing?
Nov 06, 2009

Has anyone used Dragon NS instead of transcribing?  Does it take a long time to train it?  Is it really faster and worth the money?  Thanks! ...

Addendum To Dragon Naturally Speaking....
Jan 18, 2010

I was thinking of using this as a replacement for typing/transcribing.  For example when I hear the dictation, I then repeat it to the Dragon voice recognition software, and it types for me. (You need to read the post before this one for it to all make sense -- sorry!) Thanks, Abby ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard 10
Aug 28, 2011

I purchased and installed this application for some classes I am taking.  I thought it would save time with notes etc and it does ------ when functioning properly. I also contemplated the medical version for my transcription.   It is probably just me, I am sure, but I just do not know how to fine tune.  The only thing I know to do when I run into a problem is to uninstall and rei nstall.  To my knowledge there is no technical support. &nb ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Success Stories?
Nov 12, 2009

I'd like some advice from those out there that are using this.  I have 32-bit Vista.  I have heard that version 10 is a nightmare to install with cruddy tech support from Nuance.  Therefore, I am considering going with version 9 Preferred if I can find it.  I can't afford the Medical software, but I have heard of MTs having good results with training the Preferred version to medical words.  My hands are bothering me, and I need to get this software to help out with reports.  ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking - Voice Recognition Software
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I have been researching this voice recognition software, and have found that about a third of MTs think it is not faster than typing, another third thinks it does not work well at all, and the final third thinks it does improve productivity.  Does anyone have any input here as to a few more opinions? Thanks, Abby ...

Does Anybody Use Dragon Naturally Speaking To Echo Dictate (redictate)?
Nov 08, 2010

I've tried to use the search function, but either it's not working properly or I'm not doing something right (I suspect it's not working right now).  I work for a company with a Web-based transcription platform (straight typing).  What I want to try to do to improve my productivity is to buy Dragon Naturally Speaking, load it onto my computer, echo dictate (redictate) what my docs are saying, and then cut and paste the software's output into the platform windo ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking - Is There Better Voice Recognition Software Out There?
Mar 22, 2012

Has anyone ever used Dragon Naturally Speaking to type up their work? Or is there better voice recognition software out there? I'm thinking if I just speak intead of type, won't that be faster? But I do not want to make the investment if it won't work or be worth it. Thanks so much! ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking - Geting A Little Frustrated Wtih It
Aug 10, 2012

Has anyone tired using the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.0 software to do their transcription?  I recently bought just the basic one and have been trying to use it but am geting a little frustrated wtih it and just wondered if anyone has had any success in using it and I want to know if I'm wasting my time training it for medical transcription? ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Compatible With Scribe Platform?
Oct 02, 2014

I'm wondering if anyone knows if Dragon Naturally Speaking is compatible with Transportal's platform, I believe it's Scribe?  This is the home version, which worked quite well in the past.  I know there are a few that won't allow third party software and the program will be blocked.  I understand why as regard to HIPAA, etc.  I'm just trying to keep working as long as I can with RA. If anyone is using Dragon in conjunction with MTSO platform, I' ...

Medrite-XL
Aug 05, 2011

Anyone have any info on Medrite-XL? I'm starting with a company that uses it. I've used the old DOS Medrite, but this is new to me. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or info before I get started. Thanks! ...

MedRite XL
Sep 26, 2014

Somehow the appearance of my documents is different.  Not sure what happened.  I would like to get it back to the "normal" appearance.  Right now it is set at 133% and I know that is not where it was but when I put it at 100%, that does not seem quite right either.  Is there a way to set it in between the 2?  TIA ...

MedRite Platform
Sep 28, 2011

Does anyone have any info on this system?  Is it user friendly?  Is it compatible with Instantext?  Thanks. ...

MedRite-XL Question
Jun 09, 2015

I work using MedRite-XL.  How do I use the "take a break" function.  It won't let me click on it.  Tia. ...

Instant Text And Medrite
May 22, 2010

Just got Instant Text and can't get the darn think to work. It works when I type in the Instant Text box, but when I link it with Microsoft Word or Medrite and start typing in those apps nothing happens with Instant Text, everything just stays blank. I called the service number and left a message and haven't heard back. ...

ShortCut Into Medrite Glossary
Jan 13, 2011

I am currently working in Medrite and need instructions on how to import entries from ShortCut for windows into the glossary, if it is possible.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Many thanks in advance. ...

MedRite - Some Insight On This System?
Apr 19, 2011

Can anyone give me some insight on this system? Thanks! ...

Anyone Familiar With The Medrite Platform
Dec 31, 2011

Is anyone familiar with the Medrite platform.  If so, how is it?  Can you use PC Shorthand on it?  Thank you for your replies. ...

Looking For Current Information On The Medrite Platform, Please (sm)
Jan 04, 2012

The last post that I could find was from 2009 so hoping that things have improved with it.  Is it compatible with Windows 7?  Is it Word-based?  Can you use your own expander with it?  Any information at all would be greatly appreciated! ...

Pros And Cons Of The Medrite Platform
Apr 15, 2013

Would like to hear pros and cons of the Medrite platform.  Have not heard of this one before, so anything you have to say about it would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Has Anybody Been Successful With Getting Shorthand To Work With MedRite XL? Sm
Jun 24, 2014

If so, I would love to talk to you about it as I really need some help :)) ...

Instant Text And Medrite ... Cannot Figure Out How To Get It To Work
May 21, 2010

I recently got Instant Text and cannot figure out how to get it to work. I installed it, pulled up Medrite and linked them up and when I type in Medrite nothing happens on Instant Text. I tried to see if it would work with word, and it did for about two seconds then went back to blank in Instant Text. I don't know how to pull up my old reports to import to Instant Text, so I figured i'd just use the glossaries it comes with and let it build up as I go. This is driving me crazy, if anyo ...

Crescendo MedRite XL Seeking Answers On Line Counts
Feb 11, 2013

Throwing this out to any and all--MTs, management, office staff, programmers--regarding the Crescendo MedRite XL platform for transcription.  Went to work for a company recently using this (their one and only mode for the work to be completed) and in my multiple decades as a highly qualified and sought-after medical transcriptionist I have never worked so hard for so little. Mangement's response to my outcries regarding the pitiful line counts on their program/accounts is simply, "Jus ...

Anyone Have Experience With Turn Around Time Transcription Co? Or Medrite XL Platform?
Jun 12, 2013

Hi, I recently spoke to someone from Turn Around Time Transcription.  I had found their ad on mtjobs.com.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this company?  They use the Medrite XL platform and the owner told me all the transcriptionists said it was an easy platform to work on, but then I looked it up and MTs were complaining about the line counts being so low.  Any info on either the company or the platform?  Thanks, Kathy ...

Speaking Up At Webquist
Mar 18, 2010

Please see my post under the latest Webquist post.  We must band together..... ...

Speaking Of Shorthand
Feb 11, 2012

I have had Shorthand for about a year and have never had a problem with it. Recently I noticed some of the words I have in it type out wrong. Costing me a lot of time to have to go back and fix. Sometimes if I erase and type again, then it will come out correctly. Anyone have a similar problem with Shorthand? Would it have anything to do with my license expiring in about 3 weeks?  ...

Speaking Of Lawsuits
Aug 24, 2012

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2012cv05571/271621/   Found this on a Google search.  Is this old news?  It doesn't seem as though you can get any information about it anywhere. ...

English Speaking, I Think NOT!
Jul 03, 2013

Just got done transcribing garbage...there is no way that was any kind of English I recognized. Awful Asian dialect! ...

As Far As The English Speaking, Think Not
Jul 04, 2013

Let me tell you what happened to me the other day. I am traveling next week to Houston. I called a hotel there to make reservations. I said my name and then since it is sort of a long one, said let me spell that for you. Well no matter how much spelling I did, breaking it down into slow, 3 letters at a time, the person NEVER got it on the other end. I spelled the last name probably a total of 6 times total. In order to get confirmation through my email, it is my last name and then first and you ...

Relatively Speaking, Nuance Isn't So Bad.
Jul 22, 2013

Compared to the old Medquist (M Modal), Nuance is a piece of cake.  Wish there were more options like the good old days but looks like Nuance and M Modal is buying all the MT companies and ensuring there is no competion to allow MTs to make more money.  ...