A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ShortCut into Medrite glossary - mt27

Posted: Jan 13, 2011

I am currently working in Medrite and need instructions on how to import entries from ShortCut for windows into the glossary, if it is possible.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Many thanks in advance.

really scratching head here... - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
doesn't Medrite use Words' autotext function? or has it developed into something of its own? I was able to use Smartype with Medrite years back when I transcribed on it, so I never had to pull anything into Medrite. Is Shortcut not compatible with it?

Looking at Crescendo's website, the only reference is that it supports Word. If that is the case, you would need to import Shortcut into Word. Can you contact their support to find out more?

If you used Instant Text with Medrite - Marianne

[ In Reply To ..]
you could import your Shortcut file and convert it to an Instant Text glossary.
From then on you would never have to worry about changing platforms. Your glossary will work everywhere.

Similar Messages:

Compiling A Glossary In IT 7
Jun 02, 2012

Is there a way to compile a glossary where file contents are inside multiple folders?  I have my customers sorted by name in a folder and then by date inside more folders under the customer's name.  The only way I could compile a glossary that was in multiple subfolders using Instant Text Pro V was to copy the files under the individual dates and paste them into one separte file used just for compiling purposes.  I have downloaded the version 7 demo and it looks like the same ...

Instant Text Glossary Issues
Aug 20, 2013

My power went out twice.  The last time, I got back on line and now, my IT glossary is giving me a message the glossary file is incorrect.   Attempt to open Glossary fails It is a window that refused to go away.  I restored my system to before this event.  I need to repair the glossary but cannot open IT. Does anyone have any ideas?  Work awaits and since I am night shift in radiology, the pressure is on. (especially since power was out for 3 hours).   Thank y ...

Instant Text 7 Pro - Help With Backing Up Glossary
May 07, 2014

I'm getting a new computer. Can some kind soul please tell me how to back up my glossary file to another file so that I can transfer it to a zip drive? I know how to copy to and from a zip drive, I just can't seem to isolate the file I need to transfer. About to run amok. ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Instant Text Pro - Transfer Glossary To Another Computer
Nov 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you can transfer your Intant Text Pro glossary to another computer without the disk?  My computer is about ready to die but I have huge glossary that I am afraid I will have to restart plus buy a whole new disk.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.     ...

Instant Text 7 Pro: Anyone Know How To Disable An Unwanted Glossary?
Apr 30, 2013

I only want to use the glossary of terms that I've established on IT (and works really well for me), but I'm unable to disable the Medstart glossary that came with IT. Even though they're separate glossaries and my glossary is the highlighted one for use, Medstart is over-riding mine. Example: For capital B, it types out "blood." Please, please, MAKE IT STOP! Can anyone save my sanity? ...

Instant Text Date Glossary Update
Jan 04, 2015

I use Instant Text and in the past I have been able to open the dates glossaries, do a find and replace with the new year and then save the glossary - I have forgotten exactly how I did that and all I can find on the Instant Text website is a new way to create a new dates glossary (which is too confusing for me...see above - getting too old for this).  If you know how to do this, can you post the instructions here?  Maybe others are looking to do the same thing...... ...

Medrite-XL
Aug 05, 2011

Anyone have any info on Medrite-XL? I'm starting with a company that uses it. I've used the old DOS Medrite, but this is new to me. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or info before I get started. Thanks! ...

MedRite XL
Sep 26, 2014

Somehow the appearance of my documents is different.  Not sure what happened.  I would like to get it back to the "normal" appearance.  Right now it is set at 133% and I know that is not where it was but when I put it at 100%, that does not seem quite right either.  Is there a way to set it in between the 2?  TIA ...

MedRite Platform
Sep 28, 2011

Does anyone have any info on this system?  Is it user friendly?  Is it compatible with Instantext?  Thanks. ...

MedRite-XL Question
Jun 09, 2015

I work using MedRite-XL.  How do I use the "take a break" function.  It won't let me click on it.  Tia. ...

Instant Text And Medrite
May 22, 2010

Just got Instant Text and can't get the darn think to work. It works when I type in the Instant Text box, but when I link it with Microsoft Word or Medrite and start typing in those apps nothing happens with Instant Text, everything just stays blank. I called the service number and left a message and haven't heard back. ...

MedRite - Some Insight On This System?
Apr 19, 2011

Can anyone give me some insight on this system? Thanks! ...

Anyone Familiar With The Medrite Platform
Dec 31, 2011

Is anyone familiar with the Medrite platform.  If so, how is it?  Can you use PC Shorthand on it?  Thank you for your replies. ...

Newbie Acute Care/Instant Text/glossary Creation Question
May 21, 2010

Hi there - Well, I've just begun on a great acute care account and I'm pretty excited about it.  Here is my newbie question concerning the use of Instant Text and creating glossaries... Previously, when I had worked on a general clinic account, I had created glossaries for the 5 individual docs I worked with based on a few days' worth of each of their dictations.  It really helped pick up on their individual idiosyncracies in the way they dictated their patient visits. ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking & Medrite
Sep 24, 2010

Does anyone know if Dragon Naturally Speaking can work with the old verson of the old Medrite transcription platform? Thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On The Medrite Platform, Please (sm)
Jan 04, 2012

The last post that I could find was from 2009 so hoping that things have improved with it.  Is it compatible with Windows 7?  Is it Word-based?  Can you use your own expander with it?  Any information at all would be greatly appreciated! ...

Pros And Cons Of The Medrite Platform
Apr 15, 2013

Would like to hear pros and cons of the Medrite platform.  Have not heard of this one before, so anything you have to say about it would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Has Anybody Been Successful With Getting Shorthand To Work With MedRite XL? Sm
Jun 24, 2014

If so, I would love to talk to you about it as I really need some help :)) ...

Instant Text And Medrite ... Cannot Figure Out How To Get It To Work
May 21, 2010

I recently got Instant Text and cannot figure out how to get it to work. I installed it, pulled up Medrite and linked them up and when I type in Medrite nothing happens on Instant Text. I tried to see if it would work with word, and it did for about two seconds then went back to blank in Instant Text. I don't know how to pull up my old reports to import to Instant Text, so I figured i'd just use the glossaries it comes with and let it build up as I go. This is driving me crazy, if anyo ...

Crescendo MedRite XL Seeking Answers On Line Counts
Feb 11, 2013

Throwing this out to any and all--MTs, management, office staff, programmers--regarding the Crescendo MedRite XL platform for transcription.  Went to work for a company recently using this (their one and only mode for the work to be completed) and in my multiple decades as a highly qualified and sought-after medical transcriptionist I have never worked so hard for so little. Mangement's response to my outcries regarding the pitiful line counts on their program/accounts is simply, "Jus ...

Anyone Have Experience With Turn Around Time Transcription Co? Or Medrite XL Platform?
Jun 12, 2013

Hi, I recently spoke to someone from Turn Around Time Transcription.  I had found their ad on mtjobs.com.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this company?  They use the Medrite XL platform and the owner told me all the transcriptionists said it was an easy platform to work on, but then I looked it up and MTs were complaining about the line counts being so low.  Any info on either the company or the platform?  Thanks, Kathy ...

Instant Text - My Glossary Is "incorrect"
Jan 14, 2010

Hi - My IT is great but for some reason it keeps telling me that my glossary is "incorrect."  I can still use the IT with my transcription program and can add entries, etc.  I just don't get it.  What exactly is "incorrect?"  My only thought on this is that I had copied something out of my transcription program from an E-mail (from the company) for an entry and ever since then it started doing this.  Anyone think this might be the reason or actually know the answer please let me know. ...

Shortcut Key?
Dec 09, 2012

Does anyone know the shortcut for typing the same thing right below something else - such as preop dx, if dr says postop dx is the same. I remember being able to use 2 keys to insert the same thing again.  It wasn't copying and pasting but rather control (I think)+ something else - Took a break from working at home for a few years and now I can't remember this shortcut!  Thanks! ...

Shortcut With MQ Charts
Mar 04, 2010

I copied a short echo chart (similar to the repository) for a very difficult ESL.  I would like to add it to my shortcut as an expansion for this dictator.  Now I can't figure out how to insert the copied info into shortcut?  Any help?  tia ...

Escription Shortcut Help?
Apr 30, 2010

I have been on the job 2 weeks and my TL went into early labor and obviously is unavailable and trying to get help is close to impossible.  Do anyone out there have the shortcut keys for Escription platform, the newer version or old version.  Heck, anything right now would help me out---Thank you all so much ...

Shortcut Or Abbreviate?
Sep 10, 2010

Does anyone know if either Shortcut or Abbreviate expanders are compatible with Docqscribe?  I'm looking for something similar to Smartype.  thanks! ...

Shortcut Program
Jul 13, 2011

Does anyone know of a good shortcut program out there?  I am looking into part-time transcription to supplement my income from the Q.  Please let me know.  Thank you in advance.  ...

Shortcut Software
Aug 03, 2011

What is the best shortcut software?  I am looking at Shorthand, Sylvan Shortcut and SpeedType, etc.  Shorthand seems to take too long.  I need some good recommendations, thanks!! ...

ShortCut Expander
Jul 08, 2012

I've just set up my new Windows 7 computer, and now my ShortCut won't work. Any suggestions? ...