A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I need help transferring my esp from word client to my personal computer - Jay

Posted: Jul 13, 2014

Hi:

I need to move my expanded phrases and sentences from word client to my personal computer. I want to put them in autocorrect on Microsoft 2007. I do not know how to do this. I don't see much online about import/export from word client to auto correct. If anyone knows of a converting program or how to do it step by step, please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Take Care,

Jay

Word macros - Sonya

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to C:Users/your PC name/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Templates
Copy "normal" to a flash drive and then install it to the same place on your destination PC.

I have Word 2003 so I don't know how different is 2007. I hope it works.

Similar Messages:

Transferring Word With Settings To New Computer
Nov 17, 2009

My 7-yr-old computer finally needs to be replaced, and I found a good deal on a new powerful machine, but I do not want to lose all of my Word settings, including dictionary, autocorrects, autotexts, macros, etc. It has taken me years to build these files and they make my work go very smoothly. If I install the same version of Word (2002) on my new machine, how do I transfer my customized Word program to the new machine so I can go right to work just like on the old machine? When I have tried ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Transferring Word/WordPerfect Autocorrect To PC Shorthand
Nov 18, 2009

Hi everyone, I use both Word and WordPerfect.  I have autocorrect entries in both Word and WordPerfect that I would like to transfer over to PC Shorthand.  Since I'm new to PC shorthand, I've been reading it over.   I know with PC Shorthand we can use the SHCNV.EXE to convert autocorrect. My problem is that I am at a loss as to what the Word and WordPerfect auto correct entires are labeled or where they are stored in my computer. I did a search and for Word Perfe ...

Transferring "Favorites" To New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

Getting a new computer and trying to figure out how to transfer my "favorites" to my new computer. I have tried a google search and tried following the steps on there, but it's not working. I have a flash drive. Is there a simple way for someone who is technically challenged?  Thanks!!! ...

Want To Setup A Phone Number For My Client To Call And Record In My Computer
Jan 17, 2013

Hi, I am a MT and would like to setup Telephone/voice recroding(must save as wav file). Is there anyone who  can help me?. What is the cheapest way to do this? Should I set up Vonage phone for this? Also, it should allow to receive multiple calls from my client. Thank You, George ...

Personal Request To Those Needing Word Help...
Nov 11, 2012

I understand you're worried about posting too much information, and that's a good thing, but we really do need a little more information than simply the s/l word/term you're having trouble with. If you feel comfortable giving the sentence, that's great.  If not, then maybe some context like whether the term is an instrument, a body part, a medication, or a disease, the report type (H&P, op, etc.) , what part of the body it's pertaining to, whethe ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

Word Client Hotkeys
May 03, 2010

My manager emailed a list of hotkeys for WC but not the ones dealing with stopping and starting dictation. Everyone at my facility uses a pedal, so I have asked my coworkers but no one can give me an answer. I've found alt+p plays dictation and alt+s stops. Can someone tell me if there are hotkeys to rewind and fast forward? I Googled for a manual, but the only user manual I found dealing with hotkeys didn't include this info either. Thanks for your help. ...

Please Help RE: Extext Word Client
Jan 17, 2012

I am new to this Extext Word Client platform. I'm having trouble at the start when opening a template file. The error says "Failed to open template file: C:DocNetWorkingDocuments...doc" I have done Microsoft updates and installed only MS Office 2002 as MS 2003 or higher is not compatible with the platform. Please help. Thanks. ...

Word Client Working??
Jan 05, 2015

mine says account till busy.  Try again later or contact E-mail administrator.  If everyone else is able to get on, could you tell me who our E-mail administrator is?  Our TSM? ...

Anyone Use Magnification Software With ExText/Word Client?
May 27, 2013

I have diabetic retinopathy and need magnification assistance. Thanks! ...

Is There A Way To Transfer Autocorrect For Word 2003 To Another Computer Using Word 2003?
Dec 08, 2010

?? ...

Transferring From XP To Windows 7
Jun 08, 2014

Got the refurbished Nuance computer with Windows 7.  Now I have been advised by some to put data on memory stick and transfer and another person told me there is a USB transfer wire I can buy from WalMart, plug into both computers and it will do the job. Anyone used this method?  ...

Transferring Autotext
Nov 13, 2014

I currently have Word 2003.  Is it possible to transfer my AutoText entries (thousands) if I need to upgrade to a newer version of Word, so I do not have to start over with those entries?  JMJ ...

Transferring Employees Due To OOW Situation
Aug 21, 2014

TSM looking into transferring some of us to other TSMs.  We lost a rather large account and have been running into OOW a lot. Hoping I don't get called.  I really, really like this TSM and don't want to have to learn another group of accounts. Are there other areas that need to have more people on it or are we going to just push that group into more OOW?  Hope they study this carefully. ...

Transferring Microcassettes To Wave Files
Oct 31, 2009

Anyone out there know of a way to transfer dictated info on microcassettes to wave files?   Thanks In Advance. ...

Transferring Encrypted Voice Files
Feb 02, 2012

I transfer encrypted voice files with winzip through gmail. I am having problems getting them go through with their recent changes. Is there another HIPPA  compliant program or way to transfer these files? Thanks ...

Transferring Instant Text Into AutoCorrect
Jan 18, 2013

I am chaning jobs.  Current company uses IT on company-owned/provided computer (required).  The platform is Word-based and has AutoCorrect, but IT is the expander company uses. New company also will be company-owned/provided computer (required).  The platform is the same, but they use AutoCorrect.  Is there any way to convert my IT expanders to AutoCorrect on current company's computer, then somehow transfer file (via email or whatever) to new company computer? I don ...

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...

My Own Personal Survey
Feb 07, 2012

I was just watching the news, and the all the job openings with average annual income. What I would like to know is this: Is any MT at MM or any other MTSO able to make a living wage? Please be honest. I for one am not evening breaking $1000 a month anymore, and at one time I was able to make at least $36,000 a year. Thanks ...

My Personal Best Links For MT
Oct 13, 2012

LAB VALUES:   http://musom.marshall.edu/usmle/usmlelabvalues.htm CHEMO DRUGS:  http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/default.aspx NATIONAL PROVIDER SEARCH: http://nynpi.com/ DRUGS: https://online.epocrates.com/  (type your drug in the box. No need to register) BACTERIA:  http://www.thegreatdictator.com/bacteria/ GENERAL MEDICAL REFERENCE:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/index.htm AIDS MEDS: http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml I hope this helps ...

Personal Email
Aug 15, 2014

I'm just warning everybody that I received a "sales ad" for some pharmaceuticals in my personal email, with a return email address that specifically stated it was through [MTStars]****@****. so someone got my personal email address from this board, from someone on HERE, and not just by responding to a post, and sent me a link to selling medications. I never respond to any posting here through email, so no one has access to my email address except MTStars themselves. I did report it to MT ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Personal Study Area
Dec 23, 2011

I am getting ready to enroll this week with Andrews for medical coding, and am really looking forward to this new challenge and learning opportunity!!  After 30 years as a state employee, I'm actually switching careers. With that being said, I was just interested to find out "where" people like to study in their homes when studying 4-5 hours a night and working assignments.  Do you sit at a desk with the computer in front of you, or do you use the dining room table, a comfortable ...

Even With My Issues I Have Going On In My Personal Life
Sep 12, 2012

I am still getting out of this biz and going back to school.  I have panic with agoraphobia, but I cannot keep waiting for my SSI to be approved.  I have already been denied once.  The therapist I am seeing gave me hope and for that I am very thankful!  I found out I can go to a 2-year school and have my bills taken care of.  Thank God for that! ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...