A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CBay, Spheris, Medquist - INDIA - CrankyBeach

Posted: May 04, 2010

Came across this information, from a reliable source (who prefers to remain anonymous.)

We report, you decide.

- - - - - - - - - -

A leading United States-based healthcare BPO services vendor CBay Systems Ltd. plans to transfer nearly 50 per cent of its work to India during the next two years with a view to develop into a $1-billion company. Presently, CBay Systems provides its facilities to almost 40 per cent of the hospital market in the United States covering over 2,400 hospitals, clinics as well as physician practices that make use of the BPO firm’s billing, medical transcription and coding services.

According to a report in a business website, the decision comes in the wake of the BPO firm’s acquisition of an insolvent clinical documentation company called Spheris in the United States. Interestingly enough the acquisition of the bankrupt company has actually enhanced the revenue earnings of CBay Systems to around $500 million.

Following the acquisition, CBay Systems has increased its workforce in India to 8,000, including 2,000 former Spheris employees. The BPO firm now plans to hire another 2,000 personnel in India by 2012 with a view to shift half of its IT operations to India. Presently, 30 per cent of the company’s operations are processed in India, while the remaining 70 per cent is handled by technical professionals based in the United States.

Confirming the news Raman Kumar, vice-chairman and CEO, CBay Systems, said that the acquisition of Spheris has helped the company to emerge as one of the biggest firms in business worldwide. Stating that shifting more operations to India was a strategic move, Kumar, who is also a founder of the BPO firm, emphasized that CBay Systems was now all set to spur growth and achieve the target of $1 billion in terms of revenues. He further said that CBay Systems plans to achieve an annual growth of 20 per cent and is seek further opportunities to acquire new firms after the integration process with Spheris is completed.

With a secure base in the United States, the company is now looking to expand its footprint in the UK and Australian market, Kumar said, adding, CBay Systems also plans to increase its offerings and include IT infrastructure outsourcing and physician management for hospitals in list of services provided by the company. He said that the business prospects in the healthcare IT infrastructure outsourcing sector was immense, as very few firms were presently active in this field. Presently, CBay Systems offers services in the area of clinical documentation, including dictation, voice recognition, billing

Not surprised. I foresee MT turning into just one or - two huge MONOPOLIES, with no - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
choice of competition to work for, because they're going to be undercut right into the ground, price-wise. I foresee the entire industry being based in India somesay, with its tentacles reaching out to other 3rd world countries. U.S. healthcare, which is already a disgrace, will become even shabbier as its medical records become less accurate. U.S. editors/QAs will likely disappear, as well. Not only will no one in the U.S. be able to work for nothing, but a lot of QA is ALREADY in India. I can tell by the butchered grammar that my company's QA inflicts on my own work, in the name of "editing", that it is absolutely NOT all QA'ed in the good ol' U.S. of A.

Have you noticed how lately it's all about monopolies, more so than ever? The "Pac-Man" syndrome, to be sure. Big airlines merging & eating all the smaller ones. Same with the financial institutions, and everything else in this country.

I don't think any business pertaining to the healthcare industry should be allowed to sell stock in the company. The greed and corruption of the US Stock Market has ruined our economy, our morality, and our credibility with the rest of the world. It's all about the stockholders, and squeezing every last dime out of the workers, and then stomping on them.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all (probably not in my lifetime, but eventually) if the US doesn't get sold (or invaded and beaten into submission), and become subservient to another country. My guess would be China. You younger folks better start to brush up on your Mandarin.

Everything going to India - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
And let us all pause for a moment of silence to acknowledge our anger at that wonderful entity known as AHDI who has done nothing for the American MT except support offshoring.

Not surprised either - me again

[ In Reply To ..]
The company I work for was bought by a bigger company about a year ago and slowly the work has all gone to India. At this point, the work is not even shared. I can log in during my shift and receive zero jobs yet when the "status" report comes out it's showing 1000 - all being done in India. It's ridiculous that this is allowed to happen.

Makes me sick to hear this - mt4years

[ In Reply To ..]
Good grief... makes me wanna hurl everytime I hear about more stuff going overseas... and then the really ironic part is they look for US based MT's to do the final QA on their garbage for dirt pay...

That's why I will never QA - dont want to train the Indians. - And no VR, cuz I refuse to train that, either. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Medquist Is Owned By CBay, Based In India
Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279 ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Cbay/Spheris/MQ In Tennessee?
Oct 21, 2010

Spheris parent — now HQed in Franklin — files for IPO By Erin Lawley Posted on October 20, 2010 at 8:17 am Middle Tennessee soon will have another locally based public company — though its “localness” may come as a surprise. CBaySystems Holdings — whose MedQuist subsidiary purchased Franklin-based Spheris out of bankruptcy for $116 million earlier this year — has filed for a $115 million initial public offering and listed Spheris’ Carothers Par ...

Spheris Sale To CBAY Hits A
Apr 01, 2010

$75 million Spheris sale to CBay hits roadblockBy Kumar Shankar Roy Mar 25 2010 , Kolkata CBay Group's chief executive Raman Kumar's $75 million attempt to buy key business of bankrupt medical technology US firm Spheris may get stuck with Larry Ellison-led Oracle, globally the second biggest software maker, voicing its displeasure over the deal. http://www.mydigitalfc.com/companies/75-million-spheris-sale-cbay-hits-roadblock-650   ...

CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA
Jul 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/medical-transcription-heavyweight-cbay.html   CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA ...

MQ CBAY 80% Of Our Work To India --- Repost
Jan 12, 2011

http://forum.mtstars.com/182178.html http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/091210/MEDQUIST-INC_10-Q.A/w76567exv10w1.htm#ixzz0cEztUgGN  Section 2.2 Order Form. Within fifteen (15) days of the Effective Date of this Agreement, and not less than once per quarter thereafter, Company shall propose to Supplier the projected volume in hours of dictation per Business Day Equivalent by issuing an Order Form to Supplier in the form attached hereto as Exhibit 5. Such order will include the ...

Wow, Cbay India Gets Bonuses And Free
May 23, 2011

medical insurance for family, plus a gym and workout facility, and also monthly bonuses.  I think I may just apply, would probably be better off than I am now.  You think they'll care that i live in the United States? ...

Cbay/Heartland/Medquist
Mar 02, 2010

I remember when the layoffs happened and then feared the worst when Cbay bought us last year.  My question is this:  What was the layoff package?  Severence?  How long did it last and what did it include?  Thanks in advance. ...

The Unconstitutional Employment Practices Of MedQuist And CBay
Mar 17, 2010

I'm NOT an attorney; therefore, cannot give any legal advice.  If you want to pursue the issues addressed below, please consult an attorney.   In the case of Department of State v. Washington Post Co., 456 US 595 (1982), the Department of State refused to disclose private information of individuals to an "American" corporation, "Washington Post", citing the policy of not disclosing "personnel and medical files and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly ...

Spheris - Another Medquist
Jan 30, 2010

I had an interview with Spheris yesterday.  It sounds too good to be true - more per line than I'm making now, plus production bonus and weekend shift differential?  And better insurance too.  Okay. I worked for MQ.  My check got smaller and smaller as they revamped the bonuses and brought in VR (which absolutely refused to be taught anything).  So tell me the truth - would I be jumping back into the same fire with Spheris? ...

MedQuist Or Spheris? If You Had To Choose...
Mar 18, 2010

Anyone with knowledge of these two companies have any advice for choosing between them (for a new MT)?  Thank you. ...

Medquist Taking Over Spheris
Mar 29, 2010

I was just wondering what the Medquist MTs think about Medquist possibly taking over Spheris, whether good, bad or indifferent. ...

Have Many Medquist MTs Been Placed On Old Spheris Accounts?
Jun 18, 2010

Running out of work midweek on a previously high volume account and struggling to get my lines in now :(  Wondering what's up. ...

Spheris Side Of MedQuist
Jan 28, 2011

I have been hired for Spheris accounts at MQ.  I forgot to ask which platform. Anybody know if the Spheris side uses DQS or something different? ...

So It Appears Medquist Sucks Up Spheris?
Apr 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/it-looks-like-we-have-winner-medquist.html ...

Medquist Buyout Of Spheris-Health Insurance?
Feb 04, 2010

I am a current employee of Spheris and was wondering what kind of health insurance does Medquist offer? If you could give details that would be great. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

MQ/CBay
Feb 24, 2011

It seems that Medquist is still hiring US MTs.  They have an ad in MT daily.  I don't see why CBay can't keep us on along with the Indian MTs.   ...

How Does CBay Fit Into This?
Jan 25, 2012

Wonder if we'll now see the American coding jobs go "global" like our MT jobs did. Also wonder if the CCMs and higher management will change. ...

CBay/Please Read
Jul 22, 2010

I just got through reading the website of CBay in its entirety to get more insight into their company.  They appear to be a giant in the field, own almost everything that has to do with medical transcription or the likes thereof.  I clicked on the Executive Bios section and got to read about each executive's background, etc.  What I saw and read were numerous CBay individuals (all men I might add) with many years' worth of previous employment by well known companies, som ...

Wow! Just Thought Of How CBAY
Jul 29, 2010

CBAY could get rid of a lot of board of directors.  Does CBAY have any idea how much money it could save them?  In fact, why we are at it, get rid of the United States board of directors and bring in their own India board of directors.  They could probably pay their suits half or even less than it would cost for United States board of directors.  Plus!  Would not have to pay incentives, benefits, bonuses, gas for their cars, credit expenses for lunches and golfing, e ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

M*Modal - CBAY?
May 11, 2012

I was one of 30 people fired in a conference call from CBay back in December, 2007.    Was applying to M*Modal and looked up CBay's location and it says that CBay is now M*Modal???????   (Can anybody verify this?)   Also, do they pay hourly or per line? ...

I'm Having Flashbacks Of Cbay.
Apr 04, 2013

We had layoffs in groups about every 6 months to a year, until finally the last batch was laid off and ALL the work was sent to India. Everyone kept saying it could never happen, but it did. They chose profits over quality.  I wish the doctors, hospitals, and patients would wake up! ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...