A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why I Am Content At Nuance - MC

Posted: Jun 06, 2014

I got asked the question so I am going to answer it. I am not a manager. I am not a "plant". I have been in the field of MT for 25 years. I have worked for Nuance for 7 months, so I know things can change, but this has been my REAL and TRUE experience thus far:

1. I work the days and hours I want. 2. Upon being hired I was sent free medical spellchecker software, a free pedal and a free headset. 3. Paid training at $10/hr. 4. I am never OOW in my accounts except on holidays and that is OK with me. 5. TSM and TLs and IT support who are always available and very helpful. 6.  QA bonus (I only got this once, but I did get it, so it can be done). 7. I can listen to old reports and do FIESA audit challenges, which are addressed and reversed if warranted. 8. I get personal messages from HR and TLs about what a good job I am doing and I like to hear that. 9. I work from home. 10. I work from home (yes, I like that so much I listed it twice).

So that is the top 10 reasons why I am content. If the pay was higher, I'd be more than content. I'm getting a little tired of the constant Nuance bashing on this board. Everyone has a different experience. This is mine. Please stop questioning it.

YOUR experience - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't see where anybody questioned your experience. They just gave theirs. Paranoid much?

I second that on happy at Nuance!! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am happy here too and for most of the reasons you listed, mainly being AT HOME!!! I wish the benefits were better but hey, it is what it is! I have received the bonus the past few times and yes, it is achievable. In my opinion, it's all about attitude. You have to start each day thinking, everyone is not out to get you! Thanks for posting this! I get tired of all the bashing too!

Absolutely agree. It is all in the attitude you - start your day with. Is it the

[ In Reply To ..]
perfect dream job? Not by any means. I don't get all the paranoia about refusing to check email, refusing to check FIESA, yada, yada. If you're making that many errors that you claim it's taking hours to check FIESA, then maybe you should be checking it. Here's a thought, take a quick look at it and see if there is anything useful to be gained. Something you may be doing wrong out of habit and then change that. Don't complain about your post deliver failed audits if you're not looking at your predelivery FIESA feedback. Really, hours? If you set a time to do it weekly, it's quick and painless.

Carrying such negativity day in and day out due to a job is not worth the stress and health issues it can cause. Try it for maybe 2 weeks. Get up, look at it as a job, nothing else. Do what you need to do, complete your shift and then go live your life. Do what you have to to get rid of the negativity.

Everyone needs to vent now and then, but to get up every single day and be so unhappy in a job that it obviously spills over into your personal life just is not worth it. I suspect that those who are so very unhappy here may have other areas in their life that they are unhappy with and one feeds off the other.

Again, is Nuance the perfect company to work for? Is it the dream job you've always imagined? Absolutely NOT, but if you approach it as just a job and put the negativity aside for a little bit, you may find it's at least tolerable.

No, I'm not management or anything like that, just an MLS in the trenches who decided long ago, I will not let Nuance or any other MT company decide the attitude I go through life with.

Remember, it's just a job!
Attitude - GRRRR
[ In Reply To ..]
When you sign in and are greeted with OOW day and in day out, is it any wonder one's attitude turns negative? Thank goodness I've only got a couple more weeks of this. Keep up your positive attitude if you wish, but your day is coming.
Grrr attitude.. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Your day is coming? Now that's a nice attitude there! Don't bash her for simply stating how she feels and me for that matter. I used to be OOW until I changed accounts. Life is not ideal and this job is certainly not ideal. Just gotta roll with it. My question for you is are you OOW all day? Now that would be a problem but if it is just right at the beginning, do something else or if you are that unhappy get another job. I have to stay home so if I am out of work which is rare, I just flex my time. I say HOORAY for the positive attitudes!!!!
Managers sure have a lot of time on their hands - posting essays on MTStars
[ In Reply To ..]
Your attitude does not impress me. Strangely enough my current and previous TSM's attitude is the same as yours.
Remember it's just a job? - Do you NEED the income?
[ In Reply To ..]
I do! As my income goes down because of monopoly Nuance and the other international company formerly know as MQ have created, it becomes harder to make enough to survive based on the over-staffing with India workers on American accounts causing lack of work and their lowered pay scale because they are a monopoly and call the shots, with no regard for experience or years put in with the company.

Quit trying to analyze why people are unhappy with Nuance and look at where you are after all your experience.

People like you are what allows Nuance to keep lowering the pay scale and doing just about anything they want.

As an aside, if you aren't management (which I think you are) you are a MAJOR Nuance buttocks kisser.
Attitude - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
"Here's a quick thought about checking FIESA," I have worked for N for 3+ years and alway make bonus, yet still I get feedback for errors that are almost always reversed. My attitude is, if you QA me, be right every time. That's why you are QA. Don't make me spend my time copying the error, copying the specs because TL doesn't know the specs, and then sending that to her to get the error reversed. You sound so smug and happy with yourself, just though I'd let you know that I am one of those that MAKES BONUS, but I find the scoring system laughable, along with your RAH, RAH, RAH attitude.

Dear "Happy MLS/HR" at Nuance - Foolfighter

[ In Reply To ..]
Nice try on trying to convince any NEW MLS coming to Nuance that this is a great place. I am not a negative person. I get up happy and stay happy every day because this company does NOT define me. The negative or positive on this site has no impact on me whatsoever. I am LEAVING Nuance because I deserve more. I deserve respect and a higher wage. I am 25 years in and I am a professional in my field and there is still a need outside of Nuance. This company pays so little it is a struggle to make above minimum wage. They have QA that works against MLS. The attitude they have for their MLS at this company is disgraceful so I made the call to leave. I found a position that is in transcription, pays over $18.00 an hour with excellent benefits and with no threat of outsourcing. They outsourced and brought MLS back in and are very happy with their decision. For those MLS that feel trapped here, look outside of Nuance. There is still a demand for you. Don't let this place or the pseudo-happy and I believe "planted" positive comments on this site distract you. The truth is the truth, negative or positive. Nuance pays very little, lies to you about incentive and bonus. OOW is okay to them, just flex and come back, as if you do not have a life. Get up, get out. I am so happy I made the decision to leave. If you want to sit home and make $9.00-$12.00 an hour, good for you. I'm better than this place and their foolish upper management team that created this payscale and Fiesa. To any new MLS considering this place, make this your absolute last resort. You will thank me for telling you the truth.
If I could "like" your post a million times, I would. - Just another MLS...
[ In Reply To ..]
Your new job sounds wonderful, and I wish you the very best. I wish there was something like that in my area. I keep looking and will continue to do so. My attitude has not stayed positive, however. It has been a struggle to even smile some days, but I feel stronger with the support from people on this board. I wish the best for ALL of us who are struggling.

Is it difficult to talk to yourself? - You have the same style as OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is hilarious that management comes out with a post and other buttocks kissers follow up where as previously no MT would support Nuance on principle for the low pay and shipping work to India. If that is okay with you then you have sold out American MTs and lowered your meager expectations even further.
talking to yourself? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is hilarious that you think management would take the time to come on here and try to talk up Nuance. I am not management, nor do I wish to be. Simply a happy Nuance MLS. I am just being honest. Like you people who come on and bash everything, there are those of us who are happy and once we say we are happy - boy do you go crazy! I wish you luck I really do. I am done posting on this horrible subject. I was merely giving kudos to the original poster this morning. Nice to see some positive posts but not worth all the negative ones that followed.
Of course management monitors these boards - and enough bad is said about them to fire them up
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure you are management and are trying to paint a different picture of Nuance than the reality of what Nuance is doing to undermine MTs value.

You continue to accept lower pay and sending work to India while running American MTs out of work? No real MT would find that acceptable. No one in their right mind that is.
"I think it is hilarious that you think - management
[ In Reply To ..]
would take the time to come on here..."

I have personally received emails from the HR manager at Nuance regarding posts I've made on this board. Of course I did not email her back. They monitor this board every day and I've no doubt they post on here several times a day posing as "happy" MT/MLSs, like yourself.

Management has more time on their hands than you seem to think, or are trying to convince us of.

You're lucky to have support (including a TL). - We do not have ANY support EVER.

[ In Reply To ..]
Our TSM is NEVER available and we have no TL. We are at the mercy of QA/QC/auditors, whatever way the wind blows. One will say one thing and we do it. Another will say another thing and we do that. Then we get marked down by both. There is no winning. ASR is a royal joke and keeps getting worse. The majority of those on my team never get the weekly incentive nor the quarterly bonus. This is done on purpose. The primary goal of the QA/QC/auditors is to keep MLSs from making incentive or bonus.

Happy at Nuance - ^^aero^^

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Nuance for over 2 years after our hospital sold us out; while I am not making the money I used to, I am happy working for Nuance.

Tell me: What REAL person, anywhere, is - *happy* about making less money?

[ In Reply To ..]
No one here is dumb enough to think that post was in any way real.

Happy? - YB

[ In Reply To ..]
ROGER THAT!

Happy at Nuance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The people that say they are happy making less money are like the women that stay with a husband that abuses them or is an alcoholic. They are settling for less than what they are worth because they don't feel good about themselves. I am mad as hell about making less money, and I don't care to voice it.

Oh, and as for saying I am picking on someone or bullying them by my remarks, I stayed with an alcoholic for over 20 years, so I know firsthand the excuses I made for him. Never be satisfied with abuse, no matter where it comes from.

Perhaps you are right - in more ways than one

[ In Reply To ..]
I always wish people who are so happy with their plight would be compelled to reveal their background and financial situation. After all, in a sense we who are less than happy are being judged because everyone knows it's so great to be "positive" and bad to be "negative"!

Well, I often wonder if all these ones have a "DH" who provides very well for them AND/OR they don't need the garbage insurance Nuance offers because "DH" also provides that AND/OR they are just in it for pin money or something.

Honestly, no matter what else you can accept, putting the terrible beating our wages have taken as an end note or afterthought to any post about how happy they are at Nuance can only mean one thing to me: You do not need the money either at all or half as much as I do.

BTW, to qualify mySELF, I do have a "DH" who actually makes less than me, and we have both been downsized salary-wise and are really struggling financially though we have never ever lived extravagantly.

Let's get real here, the wage cuts have been diabolical and many have gone bankrupt, lost their home, and some even ended up on the street, so is anyone okay with that?

Nope, if you are happy because you don't really need the money I really don't want to hear from you because I have NOTHING in common with you, but please, that's just my opinion. It would help to know that though.

People who don't really mind the fact our pay has been halved really cannot be feeling it the way most of us are.
This is management. People who are making more than MTs - and boss them around.
[ In Reply To ..]
Any MT who is happy making less money and the company they work for is shipping American jobs to India is either dumb as a rock or delusional. The cuts in pay and the shipping American jobs to another country does affect the American economy overall and they either aren't smart enough to know this or are oblivious and live under a rock.
I think you're right. Management gets paid to - LIE. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Right on! Beaten wife syndrome and pariahs willing to work for garbage scraps - India outsourcers equal death

[ In Reply To ..]
Get a backbone and refuse to take it

I am happy you managed to lower your expectations - and Nuance appreciates that so much

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for allowing us to make more money because you are willing to accept less while working harder than we do.

Sincerely,

Nuance Management & CEO

There is good and bad in most everything in life. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel as you do too. I am happy at Nuance. To me the positives outweigh the negatives.

Now let's see if this post can stand without someone bashing me, calling me a liar, a plant, or a suit. I am none of those things. I am an MT with over 20 years experience.

You have sold out fellow MTs. - Watch your negatives grow

[ In Reply To ..]
It's okay for over 20 years of experience to be rewarded the same as a newbie at 4 cpl for editing on VR that never gets better? It's okay for you to watch American jobs be shipped to India to edit American medical records?

I think if you are not management, you are foolish because you cannot see the big picture of what is happening to the American economy because of Nuance business practices.
Serious monetary penalties should be assessed to every report shipped overseas - The American economy is being ruined by this pract
[ In Reply To ..]
All American ships rise (or fall) with the tide. That money not circulating in American hurts all Americans. Screw the Indian pariahs and let them eat maggots.

No need to bash. We all can see (and smell) - this for what it is.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
LOL! What a nasty group of folks! - ^^aero^^
[ In Reply To ..]
Look at this hornet nest I have stirred up! So much fun to be had by all.
Who is nasty? - I think this stunt is
[ In Reply To ..]
You really think it's fun to taunt people and gloat about how happy you are and...it's not even real? Do you even work for Nuance?

If you think this topic is a joke and you're proud of yourself for all the "fun" you created I will make sure I will avoid your posts. Real nice.

Content at Nuance? - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
How wonderful for you. I guess that ought to make those of us who are in the midst of foreclosure, can't pay our property taxes, shop exclusively at Goodwill, etc. feel so much better.

How foolish we are not to adapt a good attitude - so we can be happy at Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
We should all change our attitude making less than minimum wage in many cases because of being OOW after Nuance overstaffs the accounts and keeps finding ways to lower wages.

That's the ticket. Just change our attitude and we will get a raise for years of service and everything will be sunny and bright. It's not Nuance fault we are growing poor. It's the MTs attitude.

What a cockeyed (and that's being polite) way Ms. Content looks at things.

did you get your hours changed? - irritated

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if any of these content employees had their shifts and days off changed because of capacity whatever it is called...i did...not asked..jus
t told...should I have a good attitude about that?? I got a great news call...knew it wasn't going to be good

8 months - later

[ In Reply To ..]
You will be affected soon, because you haven't been there long enough. Please write back and tell us how you are doing in 12 months.

You pick your days and hours and they sent you - free equipment?

[ In Reply To ..]
That does not sound like Nuance.

Not a chance is this Nuance. - someone is confused

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance is not that type of company. Nothing free and choosing hours is not an option other than choosing part time or full time.

Similar Messages:

Tried To Log In To MQCentral And It Says No Content Available
Sep 07, 2010

Did anyone else run into this? ...

Content In Report
Aug 03, 2012

I was wondering if any of you have typed for a physician that includes information about the patient down to them being self pay, not using the patient's insurance because "commonwealth" payout better and then this comment in the report about the patient not scheduling nasal surgery.   "He seems to make time to get other surgeries scheduled such as skin cancer surgeries, hip revisions and cataract surgeries done." this just seems inappropriate to me for the patient who will never k ...

Are You Content With The Company You Work For And
Oct 04, 2014

if so would you be willing to name your company? ...

Question For Those Content And Making Good Money - Please No Sarcasm
Apr 27, 2011

I ask that you not give me all the negative feedback because I have already read that, and plenty of it.  I get it.  People are frustrated.  I get that.   I am an MT of 5 years.  I went into a different career area because I have a degree in psychology and continued to do MT on the side so I wouldn't lose my skills.  However, personal circumstances at home make it easier for me to work from home, and telecommuting social work is not a career option.  I had ...

At L4-5, There Is S/l (disc-a-zation) Of The Disc Representing Loss Of Water Content.
Mar 07, 2012

TIA :-) ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...

Does Nuance Really Pay Everyone The Same Across The
Mar 17, 2012

Is this true? Because if so that means they dont take into consideration years of experience, opportunity for increase or nothing. Seems kind of hard to work for an obviously big and successful company that is only willing to pay their employees 0.41 cpl and thats it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I mean they dont come off to be the type of company that "cant" afford to give increases in pay to their transcriptionist. I heard that if you work from 10pm to 6pm you can make 0.46 cpl, bet ...

Pay At Nuance
Apr 08, 2012

Anyone willing to share how much per line they make with VR or straight transcription? Or any information how the company is with raises? Thank you ...

Fed Up With Nuance
Apr 19, 2012

I received an incentive bonus this paycheck (for the first time ever). My QA score was 99.3%. So, I get an email today from my supervisor that my latest audit was only 98.2% and they are going to reaudit me in 2 weeks to see if my score is improving or if I need further disciplinary action. WTF? I've been with Nuance for 3 years and think it's time to jump ship. This company is messed up, and the QA is so inconsistent. ...

Nuance Down Too?
May 22, 2012

Nuance servers were down all day yesterday as well as Transcend servers?  Really?  We were told in an email it had nothing to do with Nuance.  That's quite a coincidence, don't ya think?  Oh gosh, I sure hope this doesn't indicate the way things are going to go in the future with Nuance.  Does this happen often there? ...

Nuance Pto??
May 22, 2012

In house just got outsourced to Nuance.  In our meeting, they said the PTO is 10 days total, which you have to use for holidays and sick time as well.  So, if you take all 6 holidays (if that is even possible), you get 4 days off a year?  Not even a week for vacation left over.  Someone asked if that changes with time of service and they said no, that will never go up.  ARE YOU KIDDING?  Is this what the rest of you get for PTO, or is this just something they have s ...

I <3 Nuance. . .
Aug 02, 2012

I have been with Nuance a few years.  I'm an MT.  I'm not the best MT out there, nor am I the worst.  I read the comments on these boards and my jaw is on the floor.  FYI, not everyone has the bad experiences that have been discussed on this site.  I can't account for the horrible things I hear people saying about Nuance, except to say if things are really that bad for you, maybe MT is not for you or Nuance is not a good fit for your career path. ...

Nuance QCs
Aug 06, 2012

I AM SO LIVID!  These QCs are unbelievable!  I used "and" instead of "the" and the QC marks me off for English misspelling/typo which is a 0.5 error instead of an English word misuse which is less at 0.25. Do you think "and" and "the" are typos?  I think not!  You see, this is evidence that they are being totally unfair and proof that they do not want anyone to make incentive!  This is my opinion!  Anything to bring your score down!  Man this pisses me off!&n ...