A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

you do copy and paste from job search don't you - just wondering

Posted: Oct 16, 2012

everyone is doing that right?

Yup, that is why it is there. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I dont... half the stuff is wrong! - not edited by QA

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots and lots of errors.

I've noticed that too, lots of erros, small and not so small. - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
The reports that end up there should be looked over by QA first. Even when I want to take a quick look to check on format (rather than scanning thru the CP, quicker)....I can't trust that as I've seen different formats for the same work type. When I brought this us to my CCM, she said, "You can't go by the reports...you have to look at the CP." So WHY do they even bother to have report look up if we can't rely on it? So stupid.

lots of "erros" hahahaha. Some of them are apparently prob mine! haha. n/m - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

For goodness sake, you don't copy and paste - and then not edit...

[ In Reply To ..]
It is still faster if you are doing straight transcription to copy and paste an operation description or a physical exam or ROS.

For goodness sake, then you are saying its faster to - edit than type?

[ In Reply To ..]
YA gotta be kiddin me.
Yes it is, just not paid as much - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
With ASR I can keep the pedal down and crank up the speed and get through a report much faster than straight typing. However not 40% faster so I still end up losing money. When I type I also cut and paste from the job search the PE or ROS and edit those. Faster that way too.
Thats why there are so many mistakes in those reports! - speed it right up...
[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever.
Wow. You must get better ASR than I do. - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
I've tried all the "speed" methods, but it results in way too many errors. But, then, again, the ASR I get is not good enough. Boost mentor's advice was to edit less and type more (subtext being ASR won't learn anyway). There is too much stopping to edit. A lot more stopping that if I was typing!
I just gave up my OCD tendencies - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If ASR puts followup and I would prefer follow-up I have been leaving it. I used to spend time fixing things that really were just personal preference like msec versus milliseconds or how to write out the date or should I break this phrase into 2 sentences. I check the BOS on commas and other things and when it states personal preference I have been just letting those go through however ASR puts it. No the reports are not exactly how I would do them if I would type them but they are not wrong either and would pass an audit. I always make sure patient care is not compromised.

And by the way, when I say speed up I just mean one step faster but make it a goal to keep the pedal down and the voice moving the whole report. With keystrokes and letting the OCD thing go I am able to do it.
Whenever I do that, I get written up and "warned". - But who cares? Gonna do it anyway.
[ In Reply To ..]
I hear that UE calling my name....
Of course it is. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ewwww. for goodness sake! - condescending much?

[ In Reply To ..]
Nastiness is rampant on these boards.

I only copy and paste what is correct, otherwise it's a waste of time. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Job search is our reward - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Absolutely. Figured out the keyboard short cuts to flip back and forth and cut and paste and I make less edits that way than actual ASR. No the reports are not perfect but they are better than the ASR.

If they are not going to raise tier rates and only give $10 spot awards we have to learn to make the system work for us. BOOST our own production.

That's against MModal's rules. Supposed to be for reference only. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No it isn't, that is why it is now able to ...... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
be copied and pasted. We were told in training that it is perfectly fine to copy and paste and were even given instructions how to do so (for those poor souls that do not even know how to C&P).

I copy from anywhere that has the words/phases/sentences I need. - But only if correct. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
how do you know its correct when you are looking - there for answers?
[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering.
For words, I recheck in Google. For difficult dictators, - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
if it sounds like it is probably the same (usual phrases in ROS & PE), I use it. If I still have doubts, I leave a blank. I have noticed that QA appears to fill in with "what the dictator usually says" even though there are times when I am positive they didn't say some of that.
Sometimes it is just something they always say - and fast
[ In Reply To ..]
You know one of those moments when you scratch your head but then see it in print and you hear it correctly?

I thought that was against HIPAA? - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told to never, ever copy/paste from Medquist (oh, sorry MModal) samples directly into a patient document. It's against HIPAA and supposedly, one can get fired for it. Someone told me it's okay to copy/paste into a notepad or such, thoughh.

That makes no sense.. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems to me if it was against HIPAA, the opposite would be true. Copying into another Mmodal document would stay within the system only to be accessed by those with authority, while a notepad document could be used anywhere. It is not against HIPAA to copy and paste from one document to another. You would generally not be copying any identifying information, just words a doctor says, over and over and over and over again from report to report.

Exactly HIPAA relates to posting information - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
On things like facebook, although without a patient name I dont see how it could be a violation..HIPAA says on a need to know basis and if it is available for you to look at within your job, then you need to know...You can copy parts of reports, why else are they there?
if it was against the rules - we could not do it
[ In Reply To ..]
If this was really a HIPAA violation or against some MModal "rules", they'd fix it where we couldn't copy and paste. I'm sure they could do that if they wanted to. The way I see it, our so called reward is that they have given us tools to be more productive, and this is one of them.

Similar Messages:

Meditech Copy And Paste
Nov 11, 2009

I'm just training on an old version of Meditech, I think it's V 4.5.  I don't see any way to block text or copy and paste.  My trainer isn't familiar with this version, either.   Does anyone know how to do it?  Thanks! ...

Copy And Paste In Editscript
Aug 19, 2011

I used to be able to copy and paste with no problem, but for the last couple of nights I have not been able to paste.  I have no problem when I close the program and just use Word, just won't work in Edisscript.  Which leads me to believe they did something to stop us from copy and pasting.   Anyone know how to fix this?  I have Word 2007. ...

Copy And Paste In Email.
Jan 22, 2014

How do you copy and paste in World Client.  For some reason, it won't let me use that function.  Is there some kind of a trick?  ...

Copy And Paste Into Meditech From Word?
Jul 29, 2010

I want to type in Word and paste into MediTech, which is hard to type in. Does anyone know how to do this?  Right now the text I "paste" onto the clipboard in Word does not paste into MediTech.   Thanks ...

DocQscribe Copy/paste Question
Mar 24, 2011

I have noticed suddenly today I am unable to cut and paste (e.g. doctor names, street, addresses, Rx) from DocQscribe to Google.  Everytime I try this function it says "DocQscribe Internal Clipboard Text".  What the heck!  By right clicking, it is saving me from having to "retype" everything that I am confirming.  Has anyone else run into this? ...

How To Copy&paste A Page Made Uncopyable :)
Jul 19, 2013

Printscreen usually works to copy a screen image, and you can paste that from the clipboard to any program, like Paint.  When you cannot use the "Print Scrn" key to copy, just open up your task manager "control+alt+delete," and when that pops up THEN you can "print scrn and paste with the report in the background. All those bogus FIESA mistakes QA has been assigning to me are coming back to them big time with proof those were not my errors.  ...

Need Simple Word 2010 Macro For Copy/Paste
Feb 14, 2014

I've been using Instant Text for years but realized that there are probably quite a few macros I could create in Word 2010 to make certain repetitive commands a lot easier for me.  I know the basics of creating a macro in Word but cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a macro to do this: I want to copy text,(i.e. from a Preoperative Diagnosis) and have it pasted into the next line after the heading Postoperative Diagnosis when the dictator says "same." I tried recording ...

Fox Transcribe, Can Copy And Paste From Word To Word Pad?
Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone who works with Fox Transcribe tell me if you can copy and paste from word to word pad? Since word pad does not have spell check OR auto correct, I wondered about that. Thank you!  ...

Which Search Engine Do You Use To Search?
Jan 11, 2014

Wondering if everyone still uses just Google, or have you found something better? Curious to know! ...

Cut And Paste
Jun 05, 2013

I really need someone to answer this. I have been accused of adding spaces to my documents, but my argument is that cutting and pasting the doctor's templates in a document used over and over (changing any parts he wants changed) is adding spaces. I did not do this on purpose. Has anyone ever had this type of issue before? Or am I alone? ...

No Cut/paste Workaround?
Oct 03, 2012

So is it a HIPAA violation to copy text from a sample by the same dictator, paste it into Notepad, then cut it from Notepad & paste into your document?  ...

How To Cut And Paste With Same Font As The Document?
Nov 02, 2009

Occasionally, I cut and paste an address of a physician into a letter document, and it pastes with a different font than my letter. I have to highlight that portion and change whatever I pasted in my document to the correct font. Is there a way to make that faster? Slows me down. TIA - Janet ...

Article - EHR Notes And Cut And Paste
Jun 16, 2010

Excerpt: Free-text narrative will often be superior to point-and-click boilerplate in accurately capturing a patient’s history and making assessments, and notes should be designed to include discussion of uncertainties.” (italics DMCB). Link: http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2010/05/ehr-notes-cut-paste-documentation-problem.html ...

Tried To Cut And Paste But It Didn't Work - Could You Explain Again
May 24, 2010

The first report I tried this with, I was able to copy into a Word document.  The second tiime I tried to cut and paste, the first report kept showing up.  The third time I tried it, the first report copied over the report I had just transcribed and I lost the transcribed report and had to do it all over again.  What am I doing wrong.  Like some of you, I'm being sooooo careful, going over my reports twice before sending them in, and they're coming back with a bunch ...

Cut & Paste MS Word 2003 And Editscript
Jan 11, 2012

Trying to figure out the proper setting.  When I copy a reference and want to paste it into Editscript (MS Word 2003) it pastes the original format, changing the font, size, etc.  I would like to paste it so it matches my document.  Do you know the setting and where it is located?  Thanks so much ...

Is It Efficient To Transcribe In Word, Cut And Paste Into Another Software?
Dec 12, 2009

I have always worked in Word or an equivalent of, however, I have one account in another program that does not work well with my Instant Text.  The account is actually quite good and I could produce much more if I could take advantage of some form of production software.  Has anyone worked in Word and then cut and paste the work into the software and it was successful?  I can use Instant Text, but many of the functions do not work, which only makes it more confusing whe ...

Medisoft EMR Remote User Problem - Cannot Paste Into Pt Record
Jan 24, 2014

I am hoping someone is familiar with Medisoft program.  I just obtained a position as a remote user for an office that uses Medisoft.  Today is day one.   There are two other remote transcriptionists.  The way they are doing this is to transcribe the dictation in word and then cut and paste into the various sections in medisoft.   They are able to cut and paste, no problem.  I am unable to paste into the patient records from my Microsoft Word document.   This ...

Copy Of W2
Feb 14, 2011

Does anyone know if there is a place in MQCentral to get a copy of my W2 for last year?   Or how I could go about getting a copy? Thanks! ...

Copy In DQS 7.1?
Oct 01, 2012

I had a dr dictate the HEENT part of report, then after lungs he went back to more information for HEENT.  Is there a way to copy and replace text where it is supposed to be?  I cant find any information.  Thanks. ...

W2 Copy
Oct 19, 2013

I need a copy of my W2 from 2012 when I worked at Nuance.  Does anyone know the number I should call?   Thanks ...

Copy Of AAMT
Jul 16, 2010

Do we still have MQ online access to AAMT?  Apparently I lost my short-cut when I changed computers.  Thanks.  ...

Selling My Copy Of IT???
Oct 11, 2010

Silly question ahead...If I uninstall my version of IT PRO V on my PC can I legally sell it??? ...

Anyone Know How To Copy Expansions?
Apr 18, 2011

Would like to copy my expansions, if anyone knows how.  Thanks! ...

Can You Copy In Escription?
Sep 24, 2012

I work for a company's account  that uses Escription.  When I want to google a term, I like to highlight it and copy it into the google search.  Also, I like to add entries in Instant Text as I work.  When I am working, they tell me the  account has locked out the ability to copy into the clipboard.  My question - is that truly the account's choice or is it true for all of Escription? ...

Where Can I Download A Copy Of TSG?
Jul 24, 2014

Does anyone know where on the intranet I can download a copy of the TSG? I keep looking everywhere but I can't find it. ...

Copy Dictaphone ESP Expander
Mar 06, 2010

I have copied my ESP expander from Dictaphone ExText onto a disc.  Does anybody know if I can copy it onto another expander such as shorthand, etc.? ...

STAT-Copy Technologies
Oct 28, 2011

OK, I know that probably nobody on here has heard of Stat-Copy Technologies out of Texas, because it is a small company, but I have to warn people anyway.  The wage dispute person from MT Stars cannot help me because I am an independent contractor.  This company now owes me over $2500 for work that I did in July and August.  The last time she paid me was on Oct 10, for a check that I should have had on Aug 15 -- 2 months late.  I have sent repeated e-mails aski ...

Is It Possible To Copy Autocorrect From One Computer To Another?
Mar 19, 2013

Just got a new computer, but have all my autocorrects on old computer and really do not want to have to put in manually all over again. Is it possible to copy from old computer and put on new one and how do I do this? HELP! ...

Is There A Way To Copy My Shorthand From My Desktop To My Laptop?
Jan 21, 2010

TIA ...

Does Anyone Have A Copy Of The Lanier LX-219-1 Instructions Manuel
Apr 12, 2010

Good morning, Could I please have a copy.   TIA ...