A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To all the MT's laid off, so sorry but at least you don't have to wait on pins and needles - wondering what is going to happen next. I think it

Posted: Apr 04, 2013

I am sitting here wondering if I am next. Sad to live that way

WOW - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just my opinion but that is no comfort for someone who just lost their job. It is tough out there. They need are thoughts and prayers to get through this difficult time.

I feel sorry for all of them but I have to think about myself - rbc

[ In Reply To ..]
sorry if you don't agree but at least they have closure.

Really, you think of it a closure? - Michelle

[ In Reply To ..]
Try waking up one morning, a month after having a discussion with your supervisor about changing schedules to benefit both the company and yourself, and finding out after being with the company for about 12 years that you are let go. They don't call you, you get an email to call them. I asked specifically if I was laid off or fired, told I was not fired, but my position was eliminated. I asked specifially again if I was laid off. They only told me that they cuold not say anything more than my position was eliminated. Also, supervisor is not allowed to give a reference letter and HR is on PTO!!!!. It will take a week before our packet is mailed out, GEE, a week with no explanation, no proof of employment, no contact numbers. Sorry for rambling, it has been a bad year, a really bad year with my parents passing, my leaving my unemployed husband after being with him for 30 years since I was 16, his manipulative mother and now I think the cherry has just been put on the top of my cake. I really can't believe HR is on PTO at a time like this, all of them, really?
Hug for Michelle... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You poor woman, I am so sorry for all that you've gone through and are going through. If I knew you, we would have to go out for a cocktail.

Life has a funny way of turning wrong into right and testing us until we're ready to break, and at that moment, we find out what we're made of. Hang in there lady -- I'm rooting for you!
dear Michelle, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
my heart goes out to you. Please know that you need not wait to file for unemployment. Please don't wait for packets to arrive, contact numbers, etc. File right away.

And I agree with you - I highly doubt that a $500 million company has its entire HR staff out to lunch at the same time. Visit your unemployment office tomorrow to get the wheels in motion. As the employee, it is not your responsibility to prove you are eligible for unemployment. The onus is on the employer to prove otherwise.
Michelle - Been there too
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what state you are in but in California we have a one week waiting period. We have to get our claim filed before midnight Sunday and that whole week counts. We can do it all online, google your state name followed by unemployment and you should find their website. Get it filed before Sunday, if your state is like Cali, this whole week will count as a waiting period even though you had a job part of the week.

Good Luck.....I 'm so sorry for your lousy year.

Similar Messages:

Needles
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know a really good site for needle names/brands?  I need a really good reference.  Thanks!! ...

Sit And Wait, Sit And Wait. Glad I Didn't Quit My Other Job
Feb 04, 2015

, ...

Shands Pins?
Mar 30, 2012

For orthopedic surgery.  Has anyone ever heard of this? ...

S/L Godman Distractor Pins
Jan 23, 2010

The ____ distractor pins were removed.  A size 27.5 mm plate was placed S/L Godmann distractor pins......... Any idea????? ...

Anterolateral "chance" Pins Were Placed
Nov 22, 2014

This is driving me crazy because I remember this term from 6 months ago but unfortunately am not finding it in my notes.  This is ortho surgery and doc is quite clear, s/l Chantz/Chance/Chants pins.  Thanks! ...

"samsheedy" Needles?
Jan 04, 2011

back surgery ...

NJA 15 Min Wait/pay
Jun 16, 2010

When you get NJA and you wait the 15 minutes, how is that reflected on your pay check.  I think I have not been paid for these for a while cause I never look at my pay stub.  My fault I know, but I just want to be aware going forward and not sure what the entry for the pay is.  ...

But Wait! There's More!
Aug 26, 2010

Do you have a flair for the English language?   Are you at least proficient in English?  How about good listening skills?  Know anything at all about American culture or accents?  GREAT!  Just WALK IN off the streets of HYDERABAD and be a real live American medical transcriptionist. Don't know English, much less American English?  THAT'S OK!  We'll just train you, lickety-split! p.s.  Typing and knowing how to ...

We Will Just Have To Wait And See What Happens
Apr 27, 2012

on 05/01, but it could be that MTSOs really are going to let go those who strike or play sick and give those of us that did not a good pay raise! ...

I Cannot Wait To
Feb 28, 2013

start my new job and eventually leave MModal after I dig out of my hole.  I wished that when this all started back in October I would have started looking then.  Oh well will be 2 jobbing it for awhile.  I read some of the posts on MModal board lately and this company has people crazed with all the fighting and name calling going on.  It is depressing.  It should not matter if you are pro or con MModal we are all people.  Gosh, with this company it could be fe ...

Do We Log Out Or Just Sit Here And Wait? Nm
Nov 03, 2014

NM ...

So Wait
Apr 08, 2015

wasn't our quality supposed to be 99.5% ??  now they want it to be 99.65% ?? oh.my.god.  what was i just saying about setting us up to fail?    i'll tell ya what MModal.  i'll see if i can meet YOUR expectations as i'm sure you'll be meeting MY expectations of a liveable wage.   you get what you pay for.  best you be managing those expectations of yours. ...

I Can't Wait Any Longer!!!
Apr 19, 2010

Okay! I've had enough.  I was going to hang in longer but I am now being Aggressive and sending my resume out!  I won't be doing MT work anymore -- that's for sure!  Perhaps working at the local community college if not for the government.  At this point, I don't really care what I do because anything is better than this!  WooHoo!  It's a AHAA movement for me.  It won't be long now.  Best of luck to those who chose to stay wit ...

How Long Do You Wait?
Jul 27, 2011

How long do you wait after you apply and test before you email and/or contact the recruiter?  The way I see it, I have spent at least a couple of hours on their tests and at the very least deserve an email within a few days either way.  Maybe times have changed. Or maybe I should cc the HR dept asking for an update on my application status? ...

How Long Do I Wait?
Mar 20, 2012

I lost my IC MT job in January.  The MTSO lost the account I was working on.  They are trying to obtain another account and when they do I will be called back to work.  In the meantime I have been looking around and this past month I have been applying for part-time IC work.  I could use the paycheck!  I contacted my previous MTSO and they have nothing yet.  I am not finding any work at all.  I'm feeling anxious.  So, I think I need to be more flexibl ...

Can't Wait Til MT Week!
Apr 10, 2012

going to be some delightful surprises in store! Counting the days!! And then she woke up... ...

I Can't Wait To Leave This Behind
Jul 27, 2012

I may miss working at home but I am so not going to miss transcription, and if they really want to hand it over to the Indians it won't be my problem anymore.  My god some of the reports I've seen, and if they don't care I don't either. ...

NJA 15 Minutes Wait
Jan 26, 2013

I waited for 14 minutes with NJA and then 1 job came up at 14 minutes when I rechecked.  I did that job and now I am again waiting now for 6 minutes.  Can I count these minutes together to report NJA or do I have to start counting over again each time I get 1 job?  Thanks! ...

How Long Do You Wait Around
Oct 06, 2014

x ...

A Revelation While We Wait.
Nov 12, 2014

While watching the news earlier I heard that scientists have made an important discovery.  It seems they have discovered a "Stupidity Virus."  I know!  It explains quite a bit doesn't it?  This must have been floating around in the water coolers at corporate for a very long, long, long, long time!  Not to mention certain other water coolers (just off the top of my head, say maybe at client sites).   Now we know where those people come from and what happene ...

Wait...for QC, Is It Less Than 10% Of NUMBER Of
Dec 31, 2014

I sure hope it's the latter, but you never know with this nothing-makes-sense company. ...

Anybody Been Laid Off By MQ?
Feb 18, 2010

I hear MQ employees are eligible under the TAA to get re-training paid for in another field, but how do you get "laid off"???  ...

Laid-off
Jun 23, 2010

Recently laid-off and I am looking for a job. I was just wondering, being an IC medical transcriptionist has anyone ever qualified for unemployment?? I know this is considered self-employed and most states will not give you benefits, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten benefits being an IC.   Thank you for your time. ...

Getting Laid Off
Mar 01, 2011

4th time in 4 years. Sick of this!!! Will be finding something new to do. ...

Laid Off
Apr 04, 2013

I was laid off today too.  I have been with the company for 8 years.  I consistently make my quota by a long shot, at over 375 lph.  I had my audit a month ago at 99.3%.  I am a single mom trying to support my family, and no, there was no warning, no severance, no nothing.  My supervisor said it is across the board, and she did not have an answer for me as to why me.  I spent the day working on my resume and job hunting and came here to see if anyone had any answers.  To those of you in t ...

If You Are Laid Off, PLEASE TELL US
Jul 24, 2013

TIER REGION PART TIME OR FULL TIME so that maybe we can find a pattern for this. We're sorry for you all but know you will be going to a better place. ...

If You Were Laid Off
Jul 24, 2013

It seems like a lot of the folks who were let go had been with MM a long time. Just curious if there is a trend here, do you mind letting us know what your e/t cpl rate was? Did they just let go of those who were making a decent wage?  ...

How Many Laid Off?
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have any idea how many were let go today?  It doesn't seem like many, but of course only a fraction of MModal MTs actually come to this board. ...

Laid Off.....
Jan 12, 2015

Well, it's official.  I just got the call that I am officially laid off!  I am glad that what I knew was inevitable has finally happened so I can move forward, but at the same time can't help grieving over the loss of what once was a career that I loved and was good at.  It's not just the company I worked for; it's the whole medical transcription industry, so as of right now I am totally THROUGH with medical transcription! ...

UhOh, ER Doc Said He Had To Wait For EPIC Guy To
Jan 30, 2010

to get out of his way.  Does not bode well for the largest private hospital west of the Mississippi in the City of Angels. ...