A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Take a look at the Main page, re "Time to hang up the keyboard" - referencing MM layoffs as well. nm

Posted: Aug 19, 2013

x

I mean "Main Board," not "Main page..." you - know what I mean. :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Can you send something to me by email since - MM took my keyboard away.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was let go. :(

operative word,,,cheaper - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and as the economy continues to suck that is all they care about and once the jobs are gone, they will never come back. Kind of like the gas prices, they will never drop significantly either.

Similar Messages:

"Time To Hang Up The Keyboard..."
Aug 19, 2013

http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/time-for-medical-transcriptionists-to-hang-up-their-keyboards/ ...

I Just Saw An Ad On The Main Page For Coding By -
Sep 22, 2012

have something called "CAC",  (Computer-Assisted Coding".)  Automation aside, just the fact that M*Modal is getting it's dirtly little hands into coding doesn't bode well for the field.  ...

Check Out Q Email. New Thing On The Main Page Sm
May 28, 2012

and of course can't get into mail.  Not sure what is going on now! ...

Every Time You Open A Page On MTStars, Are You
Feb 01, 2012

Very annoying! ...

Smartype Line Will Not Move With The Page So When I Get To The Bottom Of The Page
Mar 09, 2011

I have a question about Smartype and I will try to make it so it is understandable:)  I bought Instant Text because I had to have some way of moving my Smartype over into Word 2007 (I had Word 2002).  I have Instant Text turned off until I learn the new platform on the new company I am with.  My problem is this, the Smartype line will not move with the page so when I get to the bottom of the page it covers up everything at the bottom and I can only manually move Smartype by scrolling back up ...

How Much To Charge Per Page And Half Page
Aug 16, 2010

I am interviewing for a job that would be three days in office and two days at home.  They requested my salary requirements, and would like to know what I would charge per page and half page for work done outside of the office.  I have never had to worry about this before, and I am not sure what to say.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I have been an MT for four years, two in a hospital and two working from home for different doctor's offices. ...

Hang On!
Mar 06, 2010

I've worked for MQ for over 15 years.  I've seen lots of ups and downs...  bad days, despairing days, and good days too...   My advice to everyone upset by recent changes, first time right, etc.:  Calm down and hang on!  Wait and see how this actually works out.   If you are having problems filling blanks, then start guessing to get you through this period.  We all know that the vast majority of problems with medical reports are caused by the dicta ...

We Can All Hang It Up Anyway
Aug 21, 2011

Yesterday I heard some people actually talking about they had meetings with some people from a new softwear company that in a few years will allow them to dictate and post their medical records online themselves at the same time cutting out the middle men, companies with big fees and poor work and medical transcriptionist, and if they are too busy they think their secretary or LPNs or Medical Assistants will be able to do it all for them.  HA!  I actually heard this! CRAZY.  ...

Gah! Hang Up When You're Done Dictating!!!
Oct 01, 2010

He does this all the time...turns a 1.5-2 min dictation into a 15 minute dictation.  I fast forward through it, but I still have to "listen" to the whole file before I can turn in the dictation.  This is on top of being a horrible dictator; he whispers, shuffles papers, etc, and has extremely long pauses between words.  Gah!!!! Okay, just had to get that out of my system.  Thanks! ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

How Hard Is It To Hang Up A Phone, Really?
Oct 05, 2010

My ears get so tired of all the banging the doctors do just trying to hang up the dang phone!  I also get tired with all the time I waste having to listen to how nurse Betty's weekend was because the doctor just laid the phone down for 20 minutes instead of hanging up!   ...

Hang MT As A Dying Profession. I'm Going To Be MA.
Oct 30, 2012

At least MA skills can be used for other things and can be a stepping stone to other careers, and you can get a da** job almost anywhere. Sick of being sold down the river by hospitals whose administration doesn't have the stones to tell you they're getting rid of you, but throw out vague hints now and expect you to catch on, so 2 years later they can say "well we told you to look into further education..." My hospital can kiss my posterior. I'm a very darn good MT and th ...

When Baby Boomers Finally Hang It Up
Nov 25, 2012

What will all the big MTSOs do then?  There are classes in my town for MT training and all have been suspended or eliminated due to lack of interest.  No surprise there!  I hit 60 in 2 more months and like some who posted below, I was going to keep working for years, even part time while getting my SS.  With yet another "take over" by a huge MTSO (Nuance), I am just hanging on until I hit 62 or so, and then hanging this sorrowful profession up in the closet, where it surely h ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

IMEDX-This Whole Page Is About Them, Maybe They Need Their Own Page!
Dec 23, 2014

nm ...

Moved To Main
May 27, 2011

.  ...

OOW Main Acct
Feb 27, 2015

Something is seriously wrong. I am very rarely OOW on my main acct, especially on Friday nights.  Had no work in there all afternoon, now 2 reports and it looks like there are some people who are getting jobs.  Either work is very sparse or too many people are in my account flexing from earlier in the week. ...

S/l Sharp Main Carina Sm
Oct 23, 2009

Bronchoscopy procedure note - After induction of general anesthesia, the patient had an endotracheal tube placed. Normal trachea and *s/l sharp main* carina.  Normal right and left bronchial tree. ...

Mean Or Main Cubital Fossa
Feb 24, 2010

nm ...

Would One Of You Coders Go Over To The Main Board
Dec 23, 2011

There is a poster there who is posting blatantly wrong information about coding. Someone needs to post the correct information. I corrected one of the errors, but someone with more experience could probably do a better job of providing the facts. ...

Oh Wow That Whole Big Thread On The Main Board
Jan 30, 2013

Now if we could just get rid of the one below! ...

Came Back To Check On This And Main
Sep 04, 2013

And found I still need my hip boots on for all the cr** that's on here. Never seen a more depressing, hateful, self pitying bunch of people in my life.  ...

There Is A Message On The Main Board Here Sm
May 21, 2015

with a link to the Dept of Labor.  I encourage all of you to go check it out and write to them if you feel moved to do so.  Maybe if they get enough inquiries about this company, someone will take a look at them.  All I want to know, bottom line, is if they can legally do this, meaning cutting our line rate in half and our produced lines in half and then further reduction for what they deem as quality issues (which is very subjective in the best case scenario).  It would be n ...

On Main Board There Is A Thread Scaring Me
Dec 12, 2011

On the main board there is a message titled "Gotta Vent" and the following replies regarding coding have made me sick to my stomach, especially because a couple people stated seeing their coding departments wiped out by the EMR systems. Could someone shed some light on this?  I am in a coding class now and I am not feeling so hot....but be honest. Thank you!  ...

Do You Leave In Unused Main And Subheadings?
Aug 21, 2012

We recently had a new account start and the doctors often do not dictate all the main headings of the template that loads.   The hospital keeps changing their mind as to keep it unused main heading in versus take it out if not dictated.   Typically, I have always removed it if it was not dictated.  But what do most of you do?  Thanks for sharing your experience. ...

Escription - My Main Account Has Become Worse
Aug 22, 2012

I am wondering why in the past 2 months or so the VR on my main account has become worse than when the drs were first VR.  I am finding myself typing more than 50% of the supposed VR instead of just editing it and dropping my paycheck even further.  This is very frustrating when you are stuck on a VR for triple the time or more of the actual audio time.  I proposed this question to upper management and their response was that they have no idea why this is happening, but they are seeing this a ...

Virtually No Work, Main Account
Dec 31, 2012

and while we were Transcend, it was so busy we worked OT to keep up.  Now am lucky if I have consistent work.  I am so sick of this.  ...

Please Go To Main Board. Read Post RE EMR. NM.
Aug 11, 2014

XX ...

All Main Board Posts Deleted??
May 13, 2015

Why have all the messages on the Main Board been "deleted by author"?? ...

Transcend Apology On Main Board From Management
May 21, 2010

I recognize the name used - it is by someone in upper management. At least she is using her real name - maybe she had second thoughts of using Hawkeye - LOL. ...