A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Some seem to think MQ door is KEEPING them from family time, decent - pay, holidays off. Should be seeing SM

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

that door as an entry way to better things. Go through it to another job, one that fits you and your family better.  They are out there but it is not fun or easy to find them.  Some, it seems, would rather stay put and whine rather than go after what they want and deserve.  If it is worth having, be it a better job, better life, whatever, it is not gonna be handed to you and if it is worth it to you, it is worth working for.

Don't generalize - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't forget that everyone is not young or even in their 50s. There are lots of people who worked for this company for many years when it was good. You can't imagine what it feels like to have the floor fall out from under you and no longer be able to support yourself when you are a few years from retirement. Not everyone can go to school again and start over. Don't lump every single person into one group. Our health, eyesight, energy level, etc. begins to decline as well.

As posted elsewhere, you can be a victim or not. No matter what - age, it is a choice YOU make. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
ry

Baloney -- I have been applying. Been turned - down flat every time.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am more qualified and certainly have better work ethic than the young applicants, but just never seem to get hired. I don't blame them; I wouldn't hire me either. I have a higher chance of getting ill and, even if that does not happen, I still have less time left in the workforce than a younger candidate.

Blinded - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
What a very narrow-minded reply. Tunnel vision is usually through ignorance or immaturity not to mention a lack of compassion.

Victim post is TRUE. Who but you can make you a victim. It is - tunnel vision to not see there is a way out, if yo

[ In Reply To ..]
wre
To finish above ---- if you choice to take it. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
To correct above----- choose, not choice. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

How can it be tunnel vision to be told dont victimize yourself? - Explore possiblities, open your eyes. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Don't Assume - Lovetotype

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course there are other companies and other professions, but that is not the issue or the solution. The worst part, in my opinion, is that no one is speaking to us or telling us what is going on. I am a loyal employee. I love my job. But I have no idea what is happening. I do know that we have to go through 2 more months of NJA and wonder, hope and pray things will be different after the first of the year. But make no mistake, the real problem is that there is no work for all the people they have hired and no one is explaining to us what is going on.

What do you mean going to other MTSO is not the solution?? It is - the ONLY solution if you listen to all here. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yeah...those having a hard time - are all just whining and

[ In Reply To ..]
waiting for someone to hand us something.

None of us are doing anything about it at all.

None of us are sending out resumes, putting in applications, and going on job interviews. Right?

Like me, for example.

I've been on 6 interviews (NONE of them in MT, because not only do I want out of MQ, I want out of this business).

I apply for jobs every single day. I send out resumes every.single.day.

I can still come to this board, though, and voice my total disdain for MQ and the horrid way they treat us and the fact that I haven't been paid properly in 3 months now, right?

Oh, wait. Somehow that makes me a victim. Never mind then. Apparently getting things off my chest or seeing if I'm the only one experiencing things is not allowed...according to some.

NO. If you are taking steps to leave you are NOT a victim. Proactive. - You all seem to love wallowing in self pity. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Whooosh - over your head

[ In Reply To ..]
z
YOU make no sense, Using these cutsey catch-all - phrases just show you have no original thoughts. n
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

responders to Some seem to think - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey guys, don't waste your time responding to this obvious trouble maker. She obviously just likes to STIR things up.

Does it make you uncomforable being faced with the truth only you - can make a victim of you? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It depends on the situation. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
There are some MTs who are hanging on until they can retire because they only have a couple years. Also there may not be a lot of jobs depending on where you live so it may take longer to find something.

I am trying to get out of transcription completely as I feel that is the best option. The job market is tough but I will keep looking until I find something.

But, people do need to vent to relieve pressure as working for MQ can be a lot of stress.

Similar Messages:

Keeping Track Of Time Typed
Aug 16, 2011

Is there such a thing available that keeps track of "at the keyboard" typing time? I am one that gets up and down frequently throughout my work day and its hard to keep track of exactly how many actual hours I am typing.  I want something automatic that I don't have to remember to click on/off because if I could remember to do that, I could remember to write it down :)  Anyone know of something like this? ...

I've Been Keeping Track Of The Time It Takes To Do ASR Reports.
Jan 04, 2013

Rarely are they taking 1/2 the time of straight typing. The majority are taking at least as long as it would to straight type and some more time. This is all due to the number of corrections and punctation and formatting I have to do! ...

Do Any Companies Offer Decent Insurance For Part-time?
Dec 31, 2009

nm ...

And The Revolving Door
Jul 25, 2013

known as Probity places yet another ad.  I wonder what the average length of stay for their employees actually is?  Anyone here who has worked for this company longer than a year?  ...

One Foot Out The Door...
Jun 06, 2014

I have landed a part time job (going full time soon) at a Pain Clinic - doing transcription - starting pay $17.  My 35 years experience with radiology helped me get this position.   So much better than the measly 11 I get from here.  This clinic had outsourced and the reports were horrible so they have hired back for inhouse.  There are just 2 of us.  I can get my self esteem back that this place has sucked out of me.  There is hope.... ...

How Many Of You Put Up A Do Not Distrub Sign On Your Door?
Oct 04, 2010

I am really tired of always being interrupted during the day by people so I made me a sign stating I am working and to please do not disturb.  How many of you have done this and does it help keep people from bothering you? ...

Storm Door Suture??
Oct 19, 2012

Cannot find a reference but sounds clearly like "storm door suture."   Surgery is a cold knife conization. ...

New Grad/Exc Work Ethic/ Needs Help/ Just Can't Get My Foot In The Door!
Oct 23, 2009

I need some help. I just recently graduated from an accredited school. They were supposed to have a  2 year apprenticeship program set up and ready to go when I graduated. It fell through. My instructors have told me there is no reason I can't find a job. I am also a licensed veterinary technician. I have years of medical experience and I breezed through my college courses. I have applied to over 200 jobs and nothing yet. My previous employer references praise me and wish I would have ...

Newbies Needing To Get Thier Foot In The Door
Jan 08, 2010

I have just under two years work and did alot of PRN and temp work and recently worked for a company that never paid me for the work that I did.  I am just wondering if anyone knows of or if anyone hires newbies since that is what I would be considered still im sure? I look forward to any information that I can get. Thanks so much for your time. ...

Advice Needed On Coding Career And Getting My Foot In The Door
Jul 25, 2011

So, I've been an MT for 8 years.  Previously, I did medical billing.  I am so burnt out from doing MT and having a dead-end job that I am working towards my AA degree in Health Information Management, then want to get my bachelor's, then would like to go to graduate school for Health Care Administration.  Anyway, if want to become a coder, as I am working my way up the HIM ladder, would it be wise for me to take a job in medical billing first?   I don't ha ...

Keeping Our Coding In The US
Jan 20, 2011

Good news!  A while back I posted how the company I work for was sold to an Indian group.  I was concerned if that meant my coding job was going the way of my MT work.  i work for a company that is coding's equivalent to an MTSO.  Well, the hospital to which I am contracted has decided to not renew the contract with the company as they demand that their coding be done in the US by US coders.  The hospital will hire the coders directly a ...

You All Are Keeping Copies Of Everything Right?
Sep 11, 2013

Keep everything, I would love to know if the TSMs are sending out generic explanations of the new policies that are given to them by the company or if they are their own interpretations. It just doesn't make sense to me that I am supposed to be availabe around the clock for when there is work. I also don't understand how they FORCED me to take a shift and now are threatening to change my shift to when work is available. Something stinks and we need to stand together on this or we wi ...

To Keeping My Head Up And Other Newbies
Oct 25, 2009

There is good reason that these ladies sound a little negative.  It is not about you, your initiative, or your dedictation.  They do know what they are talking about, but they did not even begin to explain to you why, probably not enough room or time!  This industry has changed drastically.  You can not believe the ads you read about being an MT, great money, work your own hours, train in 2-4 months, blah, blah, blah.  None of that is true.  This has become a low in ...

Every Day Another Test...at Least I'm Keeping Up My MT Skills!!
Aug 08, 2010

Anyone noticed these tests are asking some of the same questoins?  My little answers keep popping up when I start typing in the answer.  The transcription portions are way too long though.  Some are super easy and others are the scum at the bottom of the barrel.  I'm beginning to think we're doing somebody's work for them!  Now I'm thinking about all the money I could have made by transcribing these stupid test reports.  I think one company test ...

Pay Rate Not Keeping Up With The Times
Jan 20, 2011

I have been an MT since 1986. I would like to know why the MT industry does not raise pay rates for MTs to keep up with the rising cost of living? Are we expected to just work longer hours in order to raise our pay? I see job openings offering 7 cpl! This is ridiculous! I have never made more than 9.5 cpl.  We all know the companies are raising their contract rates for clients and making a killing, so why is our industry becoming such a slave-driving industry and what can we do about it? Ye ...

Keeping Copies Of Emails
Sep 19, 2012

Does anyone know how to forward emails from Nuance's company email program to your personal email for documentation??  I've tried to forward them to mine and it refuses to recognize my personal email and address and won't forward them.  It's obvious I need to keep track of them and I'm afraid if something happens I will be blocked from the company email.  TIA ...

Keeping My Hands From Cramping
Sep 26, 2012

I'm delighted to be going back to straight transcription after 9 months of VR editing!! I'm getting nervous about my hands cramping up when I return to straight typing though -- suggestions on how to keep them limber??? ...

Keeping Company Computer?
Jan 15, 2014

I gave notice last week. I hate everything about this company EXCEPT I love their computer and monitor. Does anyone know if keeping it rather than returning it is an option?...and if so, if they ask a ridiculous amount of $$ to do so? ...

Thank You Mmodal For At Least Keeping Health
Oct 30, 2014

Rates are a pleasant surprise. ...

So Much For Keeping Fingers And Toes Crossed!
Nov 18, 2009

The only jobs that were actualy transcription for me today were the worst 4 doctors on the planet!  I am pulling my hair out today over the 10 reports that had to be sent to the MMEs with all of the holes! Also, to the MME who corrected 1 of my reports: I know that numbers are not spelled out, however, the doctor said "325 one or two a day"   He did not say milligram, therefore, you are not supposed to leave 2 numbers next to eachother, so I spelled it out.  If I knew we w ...

Keeping Track Of Line Count
Jan 25, 2013

Is there any other way to know your line counts besides the metrics??  ...

Earlier Talk About Keeping Your Office Under
Jun 12, 2013

A few weeks ago there was talk about people thinking we should keep our work/office under lock and key, that someone was going to be showing up and because of the HIPAA law, we would be in big trouble, prosecuted, arrested, whatever. I have something to run past those that were posting. Ok, so today I take my husband to have a procedure done. I am called back to his room as he is awakening and there are 2 people sharing this room with a drawn curtain between them. The doctor comes in to talk ...

Keeping Track Of Multiple Accounts/jobs
May 18, 2010

I recently quit my hospital MT job and started working for a mid sized MTSO. This was a big change for me, different platforms, different rules, different type of accounts. I have 4 accounts with this job, all with their own little rules and formats and things. On top of that I recently was hired and quit with another large MTSO for weekend work (didn't like the QA or managers; I was constantly being forgotten). Anyway, I quit them after 2 weeks and was just hired as an IC for small MTSO an ...

Do You Family Still Come First? I Would Like To Know!
May 01, 2010

After being at a company with no work and little respect for the MT, I decided to quit and find another job.  I have been testing great,passing the on-line tests easily,and getting interest, and job offers.  My only problem is that all the jobs offered to me are for the afternoon shift.  Please do not get me wrong, I will work afternoon shift if my kids do not have food on the table, but I would rather have my afternoons, evenings free to spend time with my kids after they are gon ...

How Is The Workload Today? I Have To Work In 3 Hours And Keeping My Fingers Crossed! Nm
Feb 01, 2013

.. ...

Thanks For All The Comma/and Help Family
Feb 27, 2010

Now I have another one:  first or 1st? First metatarsal, or 1st metatarsal First rib, or 1st rib When should you use first and when should you use 1st?  Thanks family! ...

No Family Support
Mar 29, 2010

I was all set to just quit MQ this past weekend, I had just had enough, even though I don't have another job yet, but am finishing my courses, which I am almost done with.  But my husband got upset about being the only breadwinner and dipping into the savings.  I can't get him to understand what I have to go through.  I keep hoping they will just fire me or lay me off so I can get unemployment, but so far nothing, even though I'm certainly not turning in the work I ...

Death In Family
Sep 10, 2010

Does MQ offer bereavement pay?  I don't have any PTO time left, but have to attend a funeral out of town.  (another expense I cannot afford...)  ...

Does Anyone Do Family Practice?
Apr 30, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 7 years now, but almost all of that has been doing family practice work in SOAP note fashion.  When I first graduated I briefly did some work doing OP, H&P, discharges, et cetera.  I only did that for a short time and then started working at my current job. I have been with this small MTSO for 6 years doing family practice. I also did some letters and SOAP notes for peds endo for a while while doing the family practice. Anyway, over the las ...

How Do You Get Your Family To Leave You Alone?
Mar 23, 2012

It's hard enough to get my lines in.  I tell my family I'm on the clock, I have to work, but they just don't pay any attention.  If they are here, they walk right in, sit down and start talking, even though they can see my fingers poised over the keyboard and my headphones on.  If they are not here, they call, and then they have to repeat everything three times.  I know I could clock out but I can't just abandon a job I'm in the middle of so even if I ...