A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just how much work to ya think MM gets done for 1/2 price by - putting MTs on performance management? nm

Posted: Sep 13, 2014

s

Maybe it's a ruse for the triad to get more money? - Val

[ In Reply To ..]
What is the nursery rhyme about the sheep? Little sheep, little sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full. One for my master, one for my mistress and one for the little girl who lives down the lane. In this case, one bag (0.1/line) for the TSM, one for the perf coach and one for the QA person?

The triad must benefit some way. Maybe this is their final skim before everything goes to India. I find that hard to believe, tho, b/c I don't think the Indians can do the crappiest crap dictators. Yet, the triad nag, nag, nag us after we have slogged thru some really rank stuff and missed a subject-verb agreement.

I posted this very same thought a few weeks ago. - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
It is the easiest way in the world for them to save buckets of $$$. If they REALLY cared about quality, 90% of the work would not be going overseas.

Put me on performance management - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Watch how fast I leave.. I hate this job so much probably be the best thing to happen to me, I need a kick in the tail I guess.
I have been put on PM and am composing my farewell Email. - It will be sent to the entire SM
[ In Reply To ..]
team as someone wasn't paying attention and sent out an email to all the team with all emails showing in as cc.
Also forwarding all interesting emails to my personal - email. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I guess I missed your post. What day? - Val

[ In Reply To ..]
sick, sick, sick of it.

Don't they still have to pay you minimum wage, even - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
if you slow waaaay down to make sure you are 100% accurate... I think that's what I'd do until they either release me from PM or lay me off. If, or when, they do that to me, they won't bully me into quitting. I plan to draw unemployment and recover from this trauma a while before starting another job.

You make a good point. Yes, they do have to pay MUP, which they will not do for long. - And I have an IC job also, so dont know SM

[ In Reply To ..]
how unemployment works with that. Guess I need to make a phone call.

very true I thought the same thing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
about minimum wage..and definitely want to be fired so I can sit back and de-stress for a while before I figure out my next move.

Which is what I had planned to do, - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
but everybody told me UE is only about 60% of wages and so now I've been offered another job and seriously thinking of taking it! Actually, paperwork in, just waiting for software, but I'd sure like to sit back on UE for a bit if I could afford it!

Similar Messages:

Help Me Price This Please?
Feb 09, 2012

How much would you charge per line (or hour) for a 4 doc family practice office?  I don't have the first clue but have just been given this opportunity after working at a national for 7 cpl straight typing.  ...

What Price Experience?
Oct 11, 2009

I've been working doing transcription full time for a small privately owned company for over a year.  I am nearly done with my certification and lucked into this job through a friend.  I am also a Medical Assitant and work full time at another job (nonmedical...I relocated and have been unable to find a job in my field).  As I am learning on-the-job, I have been given a Neurologist, Urologist, Pain Management and Orthopedic Surgeon as my full time doctors.  I don't ...

Price To Charge
May 04, 2013

What would you charge for a private account if you had to use a printer and had to pick up and deliver the work? ...

Whats A Fair Price
Jan 20, 2010

Hi all, Quick question. I live in washington state and I just graduated from my MT course and had a doc call me to let me know that he wanted me to do transcription for him and my question is what is a fair price to be charging, all I ever hear is what is unfair. Thanks, Dude Mom ...

MTSO Getting Full Price And Paying 4 To MT
Jan 05, 2010

I just got a solicitation that an MTSO in Florida is for sale. It gives a breakdown of their accounts (not by name)showing how much they are charging the provider and how much they are paying the MT. For VR, they are getting 11 to 11.5 cpl and only paying the MT 4 cpl. FYI ...

Is Instant Text Worth The Price
Mar 03, 2010

I am thinking of investing into an expander program but wondering if Instant Text is worth the price.  If it is I have no problem spending the money but how comparable are others out there?  I can't find enough info online to satisfy me for which way to turn.  Thanks!   Tami ...

Question On Current Price/line And More.
Oct 11, 2010

My current account (hospital ER) is switching to a different system where I will connect via the internet and type live into their system. We have been on the PC Anywhere system for years. I have been charging .12/line gross line count. The new system will count 65 characters/line. I think I will need to charge more to keep my pay equal. With this account, I cover stats Mon through Fri with no extra charge. I have 12 years experience and re-read and verify to make everything as perfect as h ...