A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DQS 7 toggle function for caps - F3 toggle--sm

Posted: May 16, 2012

Is this not an option in the new platform?  This is the toggle that prevented you from putting two capital letters together...i.e., typing She instead of SHe.  I tend to do this a lot and would to enable this function if possible.

nope coming in the update in June - we are all guinea pigs

[ In Reply To ..]
It also doesn't capitalize the first letter of a sentence after a red heading or a bullet. All we were told was to wait until June. Sigh.

Have macro for She. Never type that word out. - Use o or something.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Need Help For DQS Function Regarding ALL CAPS!
Oct 01, 2010

Good morning ladies and gentleman from MQ.  I need your help. On the ASR reports, how do you ALL CAPS a sentence? Here's the deal . . . Say under allergies, the MD dictates no known drug allergies.  What I do is hilite the sentence and then Control, Shift, A.  After I do that, the sentences comes out No Known Drug Allergies (initial caps only).  Then I have to do the Control, Shift, A again and it will switch to ALL CAPS. Is there an easier way to do th ...

How Do I Toggle To Standards
Oct 24, 2012

When I am in a job, and the doctor requests standard, ctrl S does not always toggle me to the standard list.  Is there another way without using my mouse?  thank you in advance.  ...

Toggle To Switch Between Computers, Using
Oct 06, 2014

Think someone here gave me the name of a gizmo I could use to toggle between 2 computers using the same keyboard and monitor but cannot remember the name. Anyone here know? Thanks. ...

How Do You Toggle Between Word Document And Notepad
May 21, 2012

I have to type the stupid job, req @, id etc in word off the DVI, then I have to enter the same stuff into Meditech and keep losing the notepad and keep having to click back on it to type in the doctor id and time.... there has got to be an easier way to keep the notepad or something on the screen so I look at it while I'm entering the information. ...

Any Comments About Toggle Dictation/Transcription In TX? They
May 16, 2013

. ...

Caps?
Feb 04, 2010

was not able to see this patient at this time because of his "Mission of Mercy" trip to Haiti.   it is dictated in quotes. I am unsure if its Mission of Mercy, or mission of mercy ...

Caps And Commas Or No?
Aug 15, 2010

How do you punctuate this? Spurling Compression Rotation Extension tests? Spurling, compression, rotation, extension tests? or something entirely different?   Thanks! ...

Ziggy Caps
Dec 10, 2010

Plain as day, he's saying ziggy caps -- under Psych ROS, "checking for depression, ziggy caps . . ."  What is this in reference to?  HELP!  THANKS ...

ALIMTA - All Caps?
Apr 23, 2011

Is ALIMTA, the cancer treatment written in all caps? Thanks for any help. ...

Crystalloid Caps Or Not?
Nov 02, 2013

Should Crystalloid be capitalized or not? ...

Spellcheck Not Checking CAPS
Feb 23, 2010

My spellchecker is not checking for words in all caps, such as in headings.  I have Windows XP and Word.  Does anyone know where I am supposed to look to find and correct this?  I know this probably sounds dumb to you smart MTs out there, but I really just don't know where to look and how to fix this.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. ...

Is PEEK Cage In All Caps?
Jul 16, 2010

Stryker PEEK cage or peek cage or Peek cage? ...

Is Drug Januvia All Caps?
Jan 19, 2011

? ...

Is FABERE Sign All Caps?
Aug 08, 2012

Just saw today that apparently it is an acronym and should be all caps? ...

EINSTEIN Study - All CAPs??
Sep 14, 2012

I am transcribing a report for the Einstein trials for a drug.  Everywhere I look, it has EINSTEIN (all caps).  I cannot find anywhere this is an acronym.  Should it be transcribed in all caps? ...

BOS Rule For Drug Names In All Caps?
Mar 28, 2013

Does anyone know the BOS rule for drug names that are technically all caps, i.e., TUMS, GRALISE?  Do they stay all caps or is it okay to capitalize just the first letter, or is it company/client preference?  QA is telling me just to capitalize the first letter so as not to draw more attention than needed to the drug name in the report, but I can't document this in the Book of Style.  Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Lura-lie Caps...on A Dialysis Catheter. Nm
Jul 20, 2013

. ...

Can You Convert Text To All CAPs In Inscribe?
Apr 09, 2015

New job, new platform.  I am wondering if you can select text in Inscribe and easily convert it to all caps, like using shift+F3 in Word?  It seems crazy not to have this ability in the platform, so I figure I must be missing something.    ...

Word 2007 Caps Lock Issues
Jan 17, 2013

I need help with Word 2007.  I've searched and can't find anything to help and have also asked tech support at my company without remedy.  I'm hoping I can explain it well enough so someone here on the board might have dealt with this and can help me.  It certainly would be appreciated as I give up! When I put in a heading such as MEDICATIONS:  At this point, I try to hit the return to the next line to begin my typing.  However, it will not go to the next ...

Shorthand Users, Do You Have Trouble With It Getting Stuck In All Caps? SM
Aug 22, 2014

For example,  I have my headings entered in as follows:  xpmh = PAST MEDICAL HISTORY: I will type my abbreviation and hit my space bar twice and while the abbreviation is still expanding, I will start my sentence, but if I hit the shift key and the first letter of the first word of my sentence too soon, I will get stuck in caps lock without the caps lock button being pushed.  Then if I hit shift and any letter (to capitalize), it will all be in lowercase as if caps lock is on, bu ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Remove Automatic Initial Caps In Word
Jan 16, 2015

I appreciate it.  Making me nuts with do-overs in the middle of a sentence.  Thanks for anyone's help. ...

Where Is The Search Function?
Oct 15, 2009

Can anyone tell me how to find the search function? It's probably staring me right in the face, and I just don't notice it. ...

Search Function
Oct 18, 2009

why is there no search function on here? ...

USING THE BREAK FUNCTION
Nov 10, 2009

Have you ever used the break function simply because you had a dictator that was so horrible that you got frustrated and sent it back?  I know that we are not supposed to do this and that MQ supposedly keeps track of how many breaks we use but I have to admit I have done this no occasion.  I had a report so bad a couple of weeks ago which was over 1000 seconds long and an ESL doctor, not to mention scratchy sound, etc.  About halfway through this thing I had already spent nearly 2 ...

F5 Function Not Working
Feb 17, 2010

Is anybody else having problem with checking statistics using F5. ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With Cc Function?
Aug 18, 2010

As soon as I do cntrl L to put in a cc, I get an error message and DQS shuts off.  This is the 5th time it has done it. Waiting for tech support, thought I'd ask while waiting. TIA ...

Windows XP - F11 Function Set Up
Jan 11, 2011

Having a brain "fade". How does one create the "gray box" that is called up with F11 and replaced with the variable?   Thank you ...

In Doc 7, In The ADT, Is The Job Function Window
Dec 17, 2011

x ...

Function Scale
Jan 31, 2013

For *pain* scale (1-10), i was taught to add the range if not dictated. Example: D: Pain was a 5. T: Pain was a 5/10. I'm not familiar with *function* scale.  This is a spine surgeon. This particular patient is having neck and shoulder issues (if that matters).  Is there a specific *function* scale?  If so, what is the range and do you add it like the pain scale, or do you guys just type as dictated without adding the range? ...

Search Function?
Jan 14, 2014

Is it just me or is there a problem with the Search function????  I am only able to do a Google search, not within MTStars itself.... ...