A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Buyout of my company to MM - Lisa

Posted: May 21, 2012

How will a hospital or clinic, who did not solicit MM for business, but were part of a buyout, work with MM? I don't understand? I doubt the clinics and hospitals will accept any electronic change from MM, they have their own and working fine. Is there something I am missing here? Usually folks solicit work from MM, but this is just the opposite, almost MM steppin' into the shoes of working with an acquired client who was not part of any negotiation, and may be resentful of even change.

They are also buying the contract. If they client - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
balks at all, they will probably just slash the price & make more promises on TAT, and offer to buyout the entire medical transcription of the account so they can lay off their employees. Not to worry -- the clients' money savings will make them happy enough about the buyout... While the medical records department personnel may care about the quality, the hospital administrators usually just care about the bottom line dollar sign. JMHO and personal experience of course...

But they don't want MM software/rules - Lisa

[ In Reply To ..]
Do they, the hospital who is broad-sided with new MM, say no to any MM software, intervention, but yes to MM transcriptionists? When a hospital has to scramble, do they temporarily use MM, but not their portals, and whatever else fancy MM wants to call it? and just provide typists? (usually until the hospital finds another provider).

you talk very strange - broken sentences

[ In Reply To ..]
I have such a hard time following you. Also, just becuase you are upset does not mean everyone else is.
Son with MS, thanks for the rude comment - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not upset, I seek knowledge, just like a dictionary or almanac. Also, one seeks knowledge when no father stayed and I am sole provider never accepting any gov assistance, and helping my daughter through college and son through his MS. I have a disability too, I just don't announce it, but if you must know, I have difficult times with sentence structures and stress, and sometimes I am a bit off. I hope you are not from the South, that would promote the sterotype everyone has about us. Please, if quest for knowledge is angry, then we would still be slimy snails.
so, my mom has MS and I am a single mom too - broken sentences
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a sad story 45 years long! I just made a comment that I had a hard time understanding you! Geez... has nothing to do with being mean.

Ouch - that was kinda rude. Sounded fine to me. - IMHO
[ In Reply To ..]
sounded fine to me, too - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

We all know you're upset. SM - luluwu

[ In Reply To ..]
It isn't pleasant.

To answer your question: The hospital will be offered a contract by MModal. They can accept it or not. They may try a month to month tryout period. They can also decide if they will let the work go offshore.

You will be offered a contract. You can decide if you want to work for MModal or not. Sadly, your choices are getting limited by the day.

didn't sound rude to me either. I was kind of trying - msmt

[ In Reply To ..]
to understand too. Also, the comment about the South was really rude. There are some of the higher ups in this company from the South (CCM's, district managers and so forth). Talk with your supervisor about what is expected. We have no idea how it really works on that end. We just type the work. Good luck.

I have been through this and the customers do not usually have a choice. No changes happen immediat - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
The client usually has a contract and if the company is sold, the contracts are part of that sale. This is standard business practice.

The client will be told that nothing will change immediately and that the only changes will be improvements and upgrades to their service.

I have found that most hospitals could care less WHO is doing the work as long as it is done within TAT and at a good price. I honestly thought that when the two MTSOs I worked for sold to MQ, first one in 2003 and then one last year, that the hospitals would bail and find another service, but they stayed with MQ. Sad but true.

Client told nothing - Lisa

[ In Reply To ..]
If the client is told nothing will change, how will that work when in order to set up MM to this account they will have to integrate into their system, which requires various software, etc., and I know for a fact this client is very hesitant to do that for specific reasons coming in a few months with massive changes in their hospital? How on earth does MM sell the idea no help is needed, they will take over, when they would have to re-tool quite a few MTs with MM to work in the acquired hospital system? You just can't log in and go, it takes time, time that this hospital admin hates doing and won't due because of future changes of their own. Buyouts cannot be that easy. Any help?

how are you so sure what the client wants - gotta know

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, buyouts are that easy.
Clients and having cows - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
If the client had cows before doing anything to help MTs access their system, you are telling me they would put 20-50 MTs on a system that require a lot of paperwork and tech help? For a few pennies a line savings, I highly doubt that, especially when they are going elsewhere in a few months or so with another system.
what? I didnt tell you anything.... - gotta know
[ In Reply To ..]
All I said was buyouts were easy and how do you know what the client wants.

I seriously think you need to wrap your head around the fact that MModal bought whatever place you work for, and that things are going to change. Maybe not on day one, and maybe not for a few months, but they will change. You pay is going to drop and the client may stay and go with the changes, or may leave. Either way, you need to grasp the concept and start to plan your future.
Drop in Pay? Really? - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
If one makes 9 cpl, straight typing, how much I go down too with MM? Any guess? Thanks for everyone's patient.
probably down to 4 cpl editing - no straight typing here
[ In Reply To ..]
Its quite a shock!
Cows? - Out to pasture
[ In Reply To ..]
What? Moo cows?
is this a sacrifice? - poor moo cows
[ In Reply To ..]
:( They are just cows...
It's like a story problem - If Farmer Brown
[ In Reply To ..]
has 5 cows and Farmer MModal wants steak tips, how many cows will have to be sacrificed before Farmer Brown figures out the grass is not always greener? You have 20 minutes, and show your work.
LMAO - wooo, too funny for a tuesday
[ In Reply To ..]
O cows have to be sacrificed, the grass is not greener, it may be drier and easier to burn, but it is not greener!
Joking typists? Really...No wonder they de-value us - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
I like humor, but to make light of what is happening is not well thought out, especially during Typist Week. Will Facebook or others create a program to absolutely knock all giant MTSO's out in one swoop? I am for that. Don't even get me going about having to argue for 2 months to get paid from, yes, an I*dian based company on an agreed-to contract a few years back. Ugg....we truly are the cows, literally and figuratively.
you started it - mom.... Lisa started it
[ In Reply To ..]
!
You may be a cow, I am not a cow! - I dont even pretend to be one on TV
[ In Reply To ..]
MTSOs do not de-value us MTs because of a little humor.

Get ahold of yourself.
I swear to gosh I'm sitting here LMBO! - you guys are keeeeling me
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure if it's Lisa because she's in total freak out mode and that no amount of answers and replies under the sun will ever satisfy her - or the whole "you have 20 minutes - show your work" line but I can't stop laughing.

I guess MM will lower my pay again now because I'm showing my "humor", LOLOL
I know, right... I cannot even focus on work now - thanks a lot
[ In Reply To ..]
devalued because of humor is right
*humor* - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
Uggg...I think *humur* was the other reason why they de-value us...Now I am holding myself with laughter, that was quite funny that error. Now I understand 4 cpl. No straight typing at all on MM? Really?
Lisa, - are you a resident of the US?
[ In Reply To ..]
I am having trouble staying on the path that you speak, even if you had a bell around your neck.
Careful. I said that yesterday and got my head - chewed off
[ In Reply To ..]
She is sensitive.
The Cow Methane Gas - has gone to my head
[ In Reply To ..]
and made me dizzy. I'm having trouble following the conversation. What was the question again? Moo!
you cant tell by the cow comment where she is from - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Racist comment, plz stop that - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
I corrected her error and was deemed a foreigner. Please everyone, speak up and say something to support me, that was wrong. What is wrong with this people?
that was by far not racist - this people
[ In Reply To ..]
but whatever, play that card.
Racist typists to jail! - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
Quit using short-cuts in life and being racist. You should be accountable for your words and put in jail for offensive speech like in London. No one is supporting me on this issue here, so I think maybe all you are racist? Plz prove me wrong...
I think you fell off your rocker - not racist, just honest
[ In Reply To ..]
If you like the rules of life in London, feel free to go there. Here, on this board, in MT land, in the US, nothing was said that was racist.

Put in jail, really? Casey Anthony walks free and someone who posted something you consider racist should be put in jail.

Yes, I have officially heard it all!
I haven't seen anything racist in this thread. Thank goodness we live in the USA - and have freedom of speech.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
do you think she's taking offense because - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
because of the sacred cow issue? Just a guess.
No I think she's faking offense because she's a troll - and she is trying to stir things up
[ In Reply To ..]
Many people here, myself included, spent tons of time trying to answer her endless questions which amounted to a HUGE amount of wasted time. I hope she got banned.
We work for M*Moooooodal - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
Just keep us in our cages all day and night with our little bag of curd and we'll just keep producing and producing

Personally? I think you're a phoney - or a troll

[ In Reply To ..]
Once every couple of months this board gets slammed with trolls - people who come around and try to stir things up. Sometimes it's the same person posting under several different monikers. You're giving a LOT of clues that you're not who, or what, you say you are - especially with the whole "racist" thing you're trying to drum up. Just my $0.02.

$0.02 - is that QA or ASR - Lisa

[ In Reply To ..]
Is your 2 cents worth QA or ASR rate. I would need that information to know when I official work with MM.

What's the matter, did I figure you out? - I have your number

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Yup, a fake. I stated that above just now. - AGREE

[ In Reply To ..]
TROLL ALERT

YEP - there are trolls among us - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
Nobody respond or get pulled into the drama, please. It will only encourage this person to hang around.

Similar Messages:

After Buyout, Which Company Name Do You List On Resume?
Mar 12, 2012

I was one of the DSG people who woke up one day to find that we were now M-Modal employees.  I declined the M-Modal offer, but was on the new payroll for just a couple of days....wouldn't have had a choice to be an M-Modal employee for at least that first day, even if I didn't want to be.   My question is, now that I'm applying for new jobs, how would you list your former employer's name on a resume/job app?  Instead of saying you worked at DSG for "X" number ...

My Company Merger/buyout Experience
Mar 08, 2014

I had an administrative role at my company before it was taken over by a big player. The following things happened. 1. The supervisors at my company were demoted to MTs unless they had a college degree and were willing to travel extensively. 2. The QA staff were kept but their pay changed from hourly to production with strict quotas. Almost immediately they had to QA terrible work from other countries. Every one of them quit before long because they made about half of what they previously made ...

Buyout
Mar 30, 2012

A question for you previous buyout MTs.  How long is it usually when Nuance buys out a company and the official switchover is made before Nuance changes the platform?  ...

Would Any Of You Take A Buyout From MQ If Offered?
Jun 20, 2010

In past months I have read on this board, with dismay, so many posts about long-time MQ MTs/MEs failing consecutive audits, and eventually being discharged. I think it is a major coincidence that so many employees are suddenly and consistently failing to meet the same quality standards they always met. I think it’s a flimsy contrivance to get rid of the more highly paid employees and replace them with cheaper newbies while avoiding an age discrimination actions because those higher-paid pe ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

For Those Who Worked Through A Buyout
Jun 30, 2011

The hospital I work for went with an MTSO that doesn't offshore last year.  They were adamant about not using one that did.  After many months, they are still not on the MTSO's platform but now the MTSO has been bought out by a company that does offshore.  No one is getting any information regarding what is going on.  If the client you are working for did not want to go off shore and the MTSO they are using was bought out by one that does, did the cli ...

Webmedx Buyout
Jul 13, 2011

Thanks Webmedx for selling out and now keep us waiting for what seems a million years to hear about our job security, our pay, our PTO, our 401k, and on and on.  Just wish they thought this out first and kept us informed instead of their usual secrecy on the whole issue.  We were notifed right before the July 4 holiday, we would hear soon and well no news......I for one am not very productive as I am up and down popping ulcer remedies in my mouth wondering what is happening..... ...

Webmedx Buyout,low Work
Nov 04, 2010

I do not believe there is a buyout, but maybe these facts can shed some light. Take a look at the com pg at the 3rd shift or which ever shift is working around 2 or 3 AM. Lots of work in lots of accounts, but almost all gone when the regular day shift comes on in the morning.  As I recall some time back Webmedx was hiring MTs for their so-called SWAT team and it was for those late night shifts. I believe the job was advertised as $19.00 per hour for outside (new hires) and as I recall for ...

How Are Things At Axolotl Since The Buyout? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

s ...

Axolotl - Anyone Know How This MTSO Is Doing Since The Buyout? (nm)
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...

Medquist Buyout Of ETransPlus
Oct 03, 2011

Okay, everybody breathe!  It will be okay.  They didn't close the doors so we still have jobs.  I know the posts are very negative about Medquist, but they have a lot of people working for them who stay working for them.  There must be something positive about medquist.  Does anyone have anything POSITIVE to say about Mediquist?   ...

MQ Strikes Innocent Again-buyout Of AT
Nov 01, 2011

The ugly squid has reared its head again!  MQ acquired Alltype as of 9/1/11 and then proceeded to ship every single AT account and ALL work to India. I know this for a fact.  Guess what, surprise surprise, we all got pink slips yesterday!!!!! Run for your life if you work for a company that gets bought out by MQ-the suits at MQ are unscrupulous and greedy!   ...

Transcend/MDI Buyout Dates?
Apr 06, 2015

Does anyone remember the date we officially switched from Transcend employees to Nuance?  If anyone was an original MDI employee, do you remember the date Transcend purchased MDI? ...

Interesting Article On Spheris Buyout.
Jun 01, 2010

Below is the link to article. http://business.nashvillepost.com/2010/03/15/spheris-seeks-approval-for-850k-bonus-plan/ ...

Accentus- Info On Them Since Buyout By Nuance
Apr 30, 2013

Hi!  I am currently job hunting and am curious what anyone can tell me about their experiences in working for Accentus has been like since they were bought out in 2012 by Nuance.  I searched the archives and most of what I found about Accentus was from before the buyout, and may no longer be accurate information.  Thanks in advance! ...

Medquist Buyout Of Spheris-Health Insurance?
Feb 04, 2010

I am a current employee of Spheris and was wondering what kind of health insurance does Medquist offer? If you could give details that would be great. ...

What Was The Reason For The Transcend/Nuance Merge Or Buyout?
Mar 10, 2012

Are they saying its because of technology reasons? ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Looking For A VR Company
Nov 02, 2009

I have never done straight typing, my first MT job was with VR (even though I didn't even know they had stuff like that, LOL) now I love it and I am looking for some VR companies that are good to work for. If anyone could point me in the direction of some companies.  Thanks so much ahead of time ...

Looking For A Company With No ASR And All USA
Nov 18, 2009

I have over 30 years in this field and it seems that a lot of companies are either cutting the MT's pay to edit on ASR and/or are offshoring work out to India, Pakistan, Philippines, etc.  I don't believe in sending our jobs overseas, and I've also given ASR at whirl (a long whirl lol) and I still couldn't increase my lines per hour to compensate for the cut in pay that I had to take by doing ASR.  So what I'm looking for is a company that does not do ASR, do ...

MT #1 Company
Feb 04, 2010

Im wondering, MQ is supposed to be the #1 MT company, biggest, Spheris is supposed to be #2, the other company I also work for is #4...what company is the #3?  Does anyone know? ...

MD-IT - Anything About This Company?
Mar 16, 2010

Has anyone ever heard anything about this company?  I have tried a search, but have come up with nothing.  I have job posting automatically sent to my email for at home transcriptionists and they always seem to be hiring.  Anything all will be helpful. ...