A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

left Nuance after 2 years, suggestions to improve work ethic? - new year chanes

Posted: Jan 02, 2015

just got so discouraged with Nuance.  Now with a new company and want to improve production and attitude.  Still like transcription.

I meant new year changes NM - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxxx

Just relax and enjoy the sanity... - MsMagoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Hopefully your new company will encourage happy MTs. As far as work ethic, I only have one little tip which may not even apply to you, but here it is: I removed the TV from my line of sight from my desk and keep it turned off, and it has made a huge difference for me. I thought I was able to work and not be distracted by it, but my line count has increased by 30 to 40 over the last 3 months since I moved the TV. Hard habit to break but so worth it! Best of luck and happy new year to you!

My most recent job was inhouse, and - involved a long commute. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Whenever the the hot days, standstill traffic jams or midday drowsiness started to get to me, there was one thing that improved my morale and my work ethic: I thought about the MONEY.

Similar Messages:

I Left 3 Years Ago
Jan 11, 2012

I lost my last account to India 3 years ago and decided it just wasn't worth it any longer after 20 years of all this crap. I have only returned to this board today after 3 years and the complaints are all just the same as they were 3 years ago - some of the same companies (they will never change), some new companies that are probably old companies that changed their name because they could no longer get people to apply for their positions. For all of you who complain and do not do anythi ...

I Left The Q 2 1/2 Years Ago
Oct 02, 2014

I still visit this board once in a while out of curiosity with no intentions of returning to the Q to see if it seems like the same crappy company I left and if any Americans are still employed by them.  There's your answer, Anon (HMMMMM) ...

My Heart Goes Out To You All-left MQ 4 Years Ago After
Apr 04, 2013

18 years and have NEVER looked back when they got bought out by CBay-that was it for me.  I knew then that nothing good would come of working for an Indian-owned company.  I even turned down an admin job when my company was bought out by MQ-no way would I work for that disgusting establishment, so went on UE for a few months and didn't care!  Now I love my job and am treated like a real person!  It is greener elsewhere and you will be okay.  I know it is scary, but ...

I Left MT Finally After 10 Years
Nov 11, 2013

I struggled with leaving, I put so much into this and granted I got to stay home with my kids when they were small, but the worry about steady money was the price we paid. We filed for bankruptcy and almost lost our house. Thankfully, we got a loan mod which reduced our mtg down from 1700 to 1400. I finally applied on Craigslist to part-time law firm positions and got one for 3 days a week next town over making $15 an hour. I bring home after taxes $300 a week and have 4 days to spend on my ...

I Left MQ 6 Weeks Ago. After 9 Years, I Was Terrified
Apr 01, 2010

to start somewhere new.  I tried 3 other companies in the past, part time while continue to work at MQ, and left each one because the software was so much better at MQ.  Finally, I got sick of the crap and threats and new accounts, and I left.  The day I left I was dancing around my house all day long, so relieved to be rid of them.  Now, I make less than my base at MQ, but I have no ASR, so it's actually more.  The software is not as good, but that is a minor ...

So I Left Transcription Two Years Ago. Got Laid Off From
May 20, 2014

a hospital job after being a model employee for 5 years because of outsourcing.  Disillusioned, I decided I was done and took a job as a unit secretary at a hospital "in the city."  Pay was the same and I thought it would be a nice change, you know a little daily human interaction.  WRONG!  After dealing with nonstop ringing phones, call lights, pesky patients and family, hateful nurses, and condescending doctors on a daily basis, I was ready to run back to my home office for ...

Nuance?? Suggestions
Apr 14, 2011

Hello. My company just merged with Nuance/infomatics. I'm not too fond of all the changes that have taken place. Can anyone offer me some of the better transcription companies to work for that you have experienced or heard quite a bit about that I could check into please?   Thanks so much. Any info will be appreciated :D ...

Fed Up With Nuance - Suggestions For Other Companies?
Dec 03, 2013

I have just about had it with Nuance. Does anyone have any suggestions for other companies?  I have a little bit over a year of experience doing acute care.  I was hoping I could stick it out with Nuance to get at least 2 years of experience but I don't see that happening and I know most places want at least 2 years. Please help me! Thanks ...

Top Management Suggestions For Nuance
May 16, 2014

Whoever is in charge of VR for Nuance is doing a bad job.  Same mistakes over and over again no matter how many times I have corrected them.  Being paid 4 cpl is an unfair wage for the amount of editing required. Some of your middle level management is incompetent and actually could be eliminated leaving you the opportunity to pass on their salary savings to MTs  MTs do not need pep talks or "team" emails.  We need to be left to do our work and be paid more so we can make a ...

New Grad/Exc Work Ethic/ Needs Help/ Just Can't Get My Foot In The Door!
Oct 23, 2009

I need some help. I just recently graduated from an accredited school. They were supposed to have a  2 year apprenticeship program set up and ready to go when I graduated. It fell through. My instructors have told me there is no reason I can't find a job. I am also a licensed veterinary technician. I have years of medical experience and I breezed through my college courses. I have applied to over 200 jobs and nothing yet. My previous employer references praise me and wish I would have ...

HAPPILY EMPLOYED AT NUANCE FOR 5 YEARS
Jul 16, 2014

For the record, I have been happily employed by Nuance for 5 years and I still love it.  I do both editing and straight transcription and I average $16.00 to $18.00 an hour easily and I maintain better than 99% accuracy.  They do pay for spaces (some companies don't, and that makes a big difference in total line count) and they pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME.  Their line rate is comparable or better than where I've worked in the past.  I have worked for companies before an ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Left Nuance To Go To TTS - Comparison Please
Jan 04, 2015

I know nothing is perfect, but could you give some info  such as how they compare on QA, line count rates, PTO, line requirements, etc.  Appreciate it. ...

Nuance MTs Left En Masse On NovHos And Ph
Sep 04, 2013

Nuance Nasties starting to come home to roost.  Saw postings were 5 to 6 MTs all left in the same week from a HUGE acct, always screaming for extra help to "keep the client happy"...here's a thought...Keep the MTs happy, and you would not have problems keeping the client happy and your TAT would be stellar. Nuance solution to the mass exodus...."we will not be hiring replacements" - just gonna "tweak" the MTs left, beat them till they bleed or drop dead, but by God, ph (TSM) ...

Has Anyone Who Left Nuance Last Year Received Their W2 Yet?
Jan 22, 2014

xx ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

Using VR To Improve Pay..question
Nov 14, 2010

Does anyone know if it is possible to just play the dictation out loud on your computer and use VR software to transcribe it for you, and edit it as it goes along? I feel that if it were that simple, more people would be doing it..... ...

Need To Improve My Lines
Aug 12, 2012

I need suggestions for more lines per hour. It seems like I am working right along and do not let any grass grow under my fingers but when I look at my lines, it seems it should be more. I have IT and use it religiously. There are next to no templates in this account and yet they expect 150 cpl an hour. When I get OR reports with templates it really goes up but there is very little of that. I work and am paid by the hour and only when I am in a file typing. Any suggestions for improvement? ...

The Only Way To Improve The Already Impossible 99% Is To
Oct 10, 2012

and correct the doctor before mistakes are made or ASR populates incorrect words/phrases....unfrigginbelievable ...

Software To Improve Performance?
Dec 03, 2010

I am having a computer problem hope you can help...I have a laptop that I had to replaced the hard drive in about 6 weeks or so ago.  When we first got it back, it worked faster than before.  Now, less than 2 months later, it is really slow.  I defragment the hard drive once a week, etc. but it has not helped.  The PC that I use for work (I do not use for anything but work) never has had a problem with getting slower but with the laptop it is bad.  Of cous ...

Has Anybody Been Able To Improve On The Sound Quality At AP? Sm
Sep 23, 2012

I have done absolutely everything that I can think of and it's still horrible!  I upgraded from WinXP and Word 2002 and bought a brand new, faster computer with Win7 and Word 2010.  I bought the recommended USB headphones.  Although Spectra headphones aren't considered very good quality, the USB made the sound louder but not clearer.  It still sounds muffled.  I noticed absolutely no difference in the sound quality when I went from the old computer and the USB ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

Cannot Improve FIESA No Matter How Hard I Try
Dec 26, 2013

They have got me so paranoid now that it is all I can do to work.  I am so upset and nervous over everything that I type that I find myself making stupid errors now that I would never make normally.  They have nitpicked me to death and I have been on non DSP and DSP and my audit now has fallen again.  They review me to death and the majority of those are 100% and the few (won't name how many in case they are reading this) that they pick have hardly any lines in them and they ...

How Does QC Improve Line Counts When There Is Never Any Work?
May 22, 2015

We are told in a very rah-rah manner to "Improve your line counts and this grid will be great!" There is not enough QC work to perform as it is when all we need is 150 lph. What will happen Saturday when we go on production and need to bang out the lines and there are no lines to be had? This is total madness for them to even attempt this. Making plans to get out ASAP.   The work I do Friday will be considered meeting metrics if I do 150 lph at 99%.  That same work the next day will g ...

Do You Think That As The Economy Improves That Industry Wide Salaries Will Begin To Improve?
Sep 22, 2010

I know and accept the fact (albeit grudgingly) that ASR and offshoring are the wave of the future, but do you think that as the economy improves that things will cycle and what we do will once again become valued with the recognition of our value being reflected in higher salaries?  Or do you think that the unhappy reality is that regardless of the economy salaries will either remain stagnant or continue to trend downward? Thanks in advance for your input. ...

Is There Any Software Program To Download To Improve Sound Quality/tone?
Jun 28, 2012

for Windows 7.  Thanks for your help.  ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...