A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

eScription software program - Courtney

Posted: Jun 26, 2014

If eScription software program easy to learn and those of you that use it, do you like it?  

Yes, I think it is very good - One of the better ones, actually

[ In Reply To ..]
Like anything with VR, there are a lot of variables and those variables are who is managing the database, who is training your MT's, and are they making sure the MT's are being consistent with the corrections that they make. Consistency is the absolute key for good VR drafts.

If I'm changing kg to kilograms every time and you're leaving it at kg, the software never learns and so messes up. That's a simplistic way of explaining it, but it's true.

I've worked on eScription, Dictaphone and a version of M-Modal and I think eScription is far and away the best. I'm actually making more on an eScription account at 3.5 cpl than I was on a typing account at 8.5 cpl because the eScription account is so well managed and the typing account was so very bad. Go figure.

Doesn't seem to mess things up much more - than other programs

[ In Reply To ..]

escription is the bomb - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I just started using it this week and my very first day I made my minimum line count! I love it soooo much! I have only done one edited report but it seemed to be so much better than the one I was using at Nuance which is weird because it's a Nuance product but what the heck.

Easy to learn, but I don't like it at all. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm probably in the minority, but I find it cumbersome and slow and my production decreased on it.

Similar Messages:

Is EScription The Best VR Software
Oct 18, 2012

What are the pros and cons for someone new to VR/SR? TIA ...

Escription Software, Need New Computer.
Feb 15, 2010

I need to buy a new laptop and need to be able to put my escription software on there.  I know that it is required to be 32-bit but do not know if the new Windows 7 32-bit would be okay or not?  Does anybody know this before I go out looking?  It is getting really hard to find a 32 bit computer out there.  ...

Does Anyone Use Another Software Program Other
Sep 23, 2014

I am so sick of this  "free"  program only for 14 days,  then you're locked out of using your pedal unless you buy the program.   I've heard lots of complaints about how bad the quality and the service have become, so I'd really rather not buy this one if they're out to screw over people with little to no customer service, and mandatory multiple purchases of Pro version to get the pedal to work because tech support ignores people. I have Windows 8,&n ...

Escription? Can Anyone Tell Me About This Program? Sm
Nov 15, 2012

Can anyone tell me about escription? I am starting with a company that utilizes this but have never used it. The company said that it is a great program but I would like information from you guys. ...

InfraWare Software Program
Jul 04, 2014

Does anyone know of any transcription company that uses InfraWare program for their transcription? ...

Escription - Is This An Easy Program To Learn?
Aug 20, 2013

Is this an easy program to learn? I have applied for a few posiions and was wondering about it. ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Looking For A Software Program To Monitor My Actual Time Working
Apr 23, 2014

I work for a company that does not monitor my "hands on the keys."  However, I am trying to determine what I am actually earning per hour when factoring in all of the patient demograhics, internet research, etc. that is not reflected in my line count.  Does anyone know of a reasonably priced or shareware program that would do this?  Thanks. ...

Is There Any Software Program To Download To Improve Sound Quality/tone?
Jun 28, 2012

for Windows 7.  Thanks for your help.  ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Need A Software
Sep 17, 2010

Hi!   I need a software for conversion of PC-Dart files to wav.can any one help me plz? ...

Which Software To Use?
Jul 25, 2011

What other programs besides Start/Stop and Express Scribe are out there. For various reasons, I am unable to use either of these programs and need to find something else... but whenever I google "transcription software" all I ever get is hits for those two... I know there must be other software out there. Please help! ...

Best FTP Software?
Oct 06, 2011

Just wondering what is the best FTP software? Possible job opportunity but they want me to have an FTP in place. TIA ...

What Software Is A Must For An MT?
Oct 02, 2012

I have been working as an MT out of the house for a while and am now coming back home to work.  Since I now have to supply my own research resources, etc., can someone tell me what I need to help me with medical terms, spellcheck, ASR short-cuts, etc.   Thanks! ...

Tax Software
Apr 03, 2014

Can anyone recommend a good tax program so I can do my own taxes as an IC? Need one that will figure profit/loss or schedule C I think it is and also home office deduction.  It is getting too expensive to have taxes done and would like to start doing them myself but not sure how complicated it is.  Any suggestions? ...

Software
Nov 18, 2014

What is the best free downloadable transcription software? Or is it all bad? Dictaphone I think won't work, because I don't have a phone line. I need something I can put on a laptop and travel if I have to. ...

Looking For Particular Software
Apr 26, 2015

Does anyone know what foot pedal software has a lightning bolt as its logo/desktop icon?  Any help would be appreciated!  TY! ...

Escription VR
Mar 23, 2010

Is this platform good/bad/indifferent.  I have used ExSpeech which was a horrible platform.  Just wondering what is an average line count/hour that you can get on this platform.  I know there are a lot of variables, but a "ball park" idea would be great!   Thanks, ...

Anyone Is Using EScription Out There
Jun 17, 2011

Hey, I am curious as to whether anyone is using eScription out there.  If so, for what company and do you like it?  Thanks for your help! ...

Does Anyone Else Use Escription?
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone else use escription? If so, how do you get the line count? ...

Is 3.7 Cpl Okay For EScription?
Aug 24, 2012

I have no choice but to accept because the rug has been pulled from under me and my fellow co-workers.  Hospital outsourced to a transcription company and 0.37 cpl is what they are offering us using eScription. ...

New To Escription.
Feb 16, 2013

I am new to escription and start with my new job on Tuesday.  Is there any advice beforehand?  I really need a job at home right now or I wouldn't even give VR a second look.  But because it is what it is I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers?  Thanks. ...

Escription ....
May 08, 2013

Hi there! I posted a while back b/c i was a bit nervous after 20 years going to voice rec. Its only been a week now and i really REALLY love it.  I enjoy it. Okay shoot me now I konw most of you hate it. Anyway, I remember when i started a regular transcriptiion job a few years ago and i had to get used to an entirely new system, i was going so incredibly slow i never thought id be able to make a living with all the little bits and details. But it worked out fine and i eventually got it down ...

Qa On Escription
Sep 06, 2014

Does anyone who does QA on escription/editscript know how to get their counts? I know MTs get their line count through the transcription metrics, is it the same for QA? Thank you, freesf   ...

TTS Escription
Jan 25, 2015

For a company with technology in its name, I find this platform sorely lacking. Constantly having to correct capitals I don't want when I take out a period, it not putting a macro over what I want to change and all this backing up and retyping to change stuff or get a macro to work where I want it is driving me crazy (I know, short trip) and wasting a lot of time.   Don't they have any engineers or programmers who can get around this?  Guess I just got spoiled at Precyse; mac ...

Escription V11 Help
Mar 05, 2015

Anyone on this platform, please tell me it gets better. I spent 2-1/2 hours and got absolutely nothing done. Demographics locked up completely and I had to X out, sending the work back to pool. Tried to upload, but kept telling me to confirm demographics which I did, then demographics header grayed out completely, then tried to upload, and again message to confirm demographics, which had been confirmed and were now locked up and grayed out. The entire platform seems just plain overwhelming wit ...

How Much Does TTS Pay On EScription?
Mar 24, 2015

Thanks in advance for any information.  ...

Loading New Software
Jan 14, 2010

Does anybody know if I can download Word Perfect 10 on a Medquist Computer? I would like to compose letters, etc. but do not want to ask support. Thank you. ...

Scary Software
Feb 17, 2010

During my first visit with a new doctor yesterday, I wondered why I was not presented with the usual "book of history" to fill out beforehand.  As the nurse was asking questions, she was busy clicking on pull-down menus, etc.   On her computer screen was software called SOAPware, and there, formatted into SOAP format and all, I saw my replacement.  Later, in the exam room, the FNP was using the software as well as we went along, after exam, labs, etc.  I made a comment ...

MP Count Software?
Mar 17, 2010

I'm currently working as a new IC for a co. that just asked me to invoice them using MP Count software.  They had an .exe application for it on their ftp server, but of course when I transferred it to my computer and tried to load it, it didn't work.  Now when I go to mp word's website, I see that they charge for the software, and there doesn't seem to be any software that ONLY functions as line counting software. Any experience with the softwar ...