A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcription job difficulty - sheeba

Posted: Jan 08, 2014

I'm a transcriptionist/editor with 23 years' experience working at home for various companies and in hospitals.  I have had a hard time getting a new job lately.  I have been applying to all the jobs on the job seeker's board for the past 3 weeks and have only gotten 2 replies, to do further testing.  I've heard nothing else.  With my skill level and experience, I can't imagine why I would not pass the testing.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience lately.  Maybe it is just a slow hiring time?  I'm a little concerned.  I've been out of work for 4 months due to Nursing school and a heavy course load, but now I need to work, bills are mounting... 

Same experience 2 yrs ago...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was laid off from my hospital job, went on UE,and immediately started applying to job postings. Over a period of about 6 weeks, I applied to over 20 companies. I tested for those that invited me to, and I got a few thanks for applying but we're not hiring now or we don't hire from the state in which you live. Then lo and behold at about the 7th week mark, I got offers for interviews with 3 companies within a 2 day period. I did the interviews and chose the company I wanted. The moral of this story is, at this point in time, it takes longer to get a new job; and it may take even longer than it did 2 years ago. It goes without saying, and I'm sure you've already done this, to check your resume for typos and also condense it as much as possible. Also, if you are only looking for part time, a lot of companies prefer to hire full time, so that may be a stumbling block. Have you tried other MT job sites? If not do a search for such, and you'll have more companies to apply to. It's a numbers game...the more applications you put out, the better your chances will be. Good luck.

Keep trying. Don't give up. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know it's hard. It's grueling. It's time-consuming, nerve-wracking, stomach-churning, and exhausting. But it's the only way you're going to find the right company. I did what others have suggested and only included the last 20 years of my 30+ year career. I think it makes a difference, for some reason. In your case, maybe just include the last 15 years. List all of the specialties you've typed, even if some were just briefly. Ask a friend who has a business to look at your resume and give you some pointers on what a business looks for. You'll make it!!!

Similar Messages:

Difficulty Swallowing
Jan 13, 2011

Help!!  I need help with this sentence. There is palpable thyroid when swallowing.  Unable to determine whether there is a  s/l "marchenot". ...

Difficulty With A Word
Feb 14, 2011

My doctor is dictating what sounds like "onblock or unblock" resection.  This is in relation to a colectomy due to cancer.  Thanks so much. ...

Difficulty Working With Too Many Interruptions...
Aug 18, 2010

My mother will know I am working, will walk in my office and see me working and come in and ask me something.  She comes over periodically to check on my 12-year-old son after he has come home from school to see if he would like her to fix him something to eat, etc.  She lives next door.  Anyways, my mother is the best mother in the world, would do anything for me or my husband or son.  It is just she isn't married anymore and gets bored.  When she comes in my offic ...

Due To The Difficulty Of The Account, They Are Paying
Aug 28, 2012

4.5 for editing and 8 for ST?!?!  They think that is a good pay rate apparently!!  I wish that place had a dislike button!! ...

If One Is Having Difficulty Meeting Production And Their Final Warning Is Next
Sep 10, 2013

So if one is having difficulty meeting production and their final warning is next...will I qualify for unemployment for not meeting my company's expectations? And yes, I am an employee and just went from full-time to part-time and does that make a difference on unemployment benefits? ...

Child With Difficulty Sleeping Prescribed "boca" Medications At Night
Aug 13, 2010

. ...

Modified "Osler Shilobac Difficulty Questionnaire"
Sep 14, 2012

This is SO garbled!  Any help appreciated. ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...

PRN Transcription?? Anyone??
Nov 19, 2009

Anyone have any information about P.R.N. Transcription?  Got a reply on a resume I sent out and am wondering what type of company they are???  Good, bad, ugly? ...

PRN Transcription
Nov 20, 2009

For those of you who have recently posted regarding PRN and have worked for them, is this the company out of Ohio?? ...

NOW Transcription
Dec 23, 2009

Hi all!  I was just wondering if anyone worked for NOW Transcription or if anyone knew anything about this company?  Any input would be appreciated. ...

P.r.n. Transcription
Feb 02, 2010

Just wondering if anyone works for this company or has any info on them and now they are to work for. Thanks. ...

Transcription USA
May 10, 2010

Anything on Transcription USA ...

GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION
May 17, 2010

Since the advent of voice recognition and overseas outsourcing, transcription has ceased to be a profession.   I will NEVER -- repeat, NEVER make the money I was making as a transcriptionist at a hospital 5 years ago, before we were replaced by VR and cheap outsourcing to India.   Now all that's left are transcription companies here in the U.S. that don't want to pay much more, lie to us and tamper with our line counts.   GET OUT, GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION! ...

A Day Without Transcription?
May 28, 2010

It seems that everyone has negative things to say about how employers do not pay MTs what they're worth and how they offshore the easy stuff, but pile on the lousy ESL stuff on the transcriptionists in the States. Too bad there can't be a general strike of U.S. MTs - a day without transcription - just to show how we're needed. It seems to be the only thing employers would understand. Impossible, I know, but I bet employers would sit up and take notice. ...

USA Transcription
May 30, 2010

They are so antiquated!  They want you to have a what?  A large cassette player and pick up tapes and live in Houston/Spring are and...  Good grief! ...

A Transcription Job
Jun 09, 2010

I would love to do medical transcription at home but I don't have very strong ESL experience.  I live in Arkansas, for pete's sake!  Is there not a transcription company out there that starts you out with dictators you can actually understand until you get used to everything????? ...

His Way Transcription?
Jun 14, 2010

I failed at an archive search, but for some reason I'm associating this MTSO as being sort of like Toth, with a Christian-based philosophy or something?  Sounds like an interesting opportunity but hate to pursue it if it's one of the "no-pay" folks. ...

EMR Transcription
Jun 23, 2010

How does everything think that electronic medical transcription will affect transcription in the next few years when the new health care rules come into play in physician offices? ...

R Transcription
Jun 23, 2010

Saw previous posts regarding R Transcription.  If your questions have not been answered yet, you can email me and I will give you any info the best I can if you still need it.  georgiagardening@gmail.com  ...