A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone have any information on medical abstractor jobs? - or any experience with it. sm

Posted: Jan 02, 2013

I would be interested in hearing about the type of work involved in this field and any other information one might have regarding it.  The type of duties involved, pay, benefits... TIA

Reply - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I am an abstractor, I can e-mail you privately if you would like.

That would be great. Thanks - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

anyone else with info would be appreciated never got an - email from this person, TNX nm

[ In Reply To ..]
check your "spam" or "junk" folder.... - not all emails go through
[ In Reply To ..]
the email function is intermittent to say the least. Not always the senders fault.
thanks, but there is no email in spam or elsewhere regarding - this post. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I do check my spam on a daily basis just in case, but thanks for the concern.
Don't worry - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I will respond when I have a chance, I didn't have time when I got home from work today. I need to collect my thoughts a bit first but will try and send you some info by the end of the week, hang in there! (By the way, you're welcome)

Similar Messages:

Records Abstractor Jobs - Why Do They Want A Nurse?
Sep 06, 2012

And other types of medical records jobs as well.  Explain to me what makes a nurse qualified to do these jobs?  ...

Medical Abstractor
Apr 21, 2014

wondering if anyone out there does medical abstractor work and would share information on  this type of work, i.e., special training to get started, is it worth the switch, or anything that could be helpful.  Have been MT work for decades, really tired of making little money for long hours of work.   TIA ...

What Does A Medical Data Abstractor?
Nov 02, 2011

What does a medical data abstractor do? Is this a remote job or an in-house job? Thanks in advance ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Keep US Healthcare Information Jobs In US!
Jun 14, 2010

See for yourself:   http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=555879&publicationSubCategoryId=71   Offshore medical transcription companies who are probably losing clients because of the US recession are 'fooling' themselves (and others) by saying they can expand their businesses because of the Healthcare Reform and the need for more health information exchange.  This is very upsetting!   ...

Keep US Healthcare Information Jobs In The US!
Jun 14, 2010

This group thinks that they can expand their businesses because of the Healthcare Reform and the need for more health information exchange!  Uggghh!   MT group to provide more training programs (The Philippine Star) Updated March 08, 2010 12:00 AM   MANILA, Philippines - The Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines Inc. (MTIAPI) recently concluded its first short but intensive course in Basic Medical Coding and Billing held at the Phili ...

Problems Sending Information For Jobs
Aug 30, 2010

Has anyone had any problems with trying to reply to job postings on here by using the reply feature at the bottom of the ad and copy & pasting your resume?  I just tried with 2 different jobs on here and they were both sent back to me saying they had fatal errors & could not be sent??  Any ideas?? ...

Any Information On TransNet LCC That Does Medical
May 23, 2014

transcription. ...

Information On Medical Billing/coding
Sep 08, 2010

I am interested in obtaining some information on the medical billing/coding certifications.  If anyone has class or school informaiton that is realiable I would greatly appreciate it.  I am looking for online certificated classes. Thanks ...

Applied Medical Services- Can't Find Information, Do You Have Any? (nm)
Jan 20, 2011

x ...

Are There Any Jobs Out Their For New Medical Transcriptionists?
Sep 16, 2010

I've recently graduated with an Associate of Applied Science degree and I received my Certificate in Medical Transcription. I've taken several tests for companies over the Internet but they all say the same thing in response to me, "gain more experience, and then come back to us." How can I gain more experience when no one will hire a newbie? If anyone has any advice on this subject, please let me know. ...

Medical Transcription Jobs
Aug 12, 2013

Does anyone know of any companies out there that are hiring IC MTs?  My one company is very slow and am looking for supplemental work. Thanks so much.  ...

Get Medical Transcription Jobs Now .com
Dec 11, 2013

I have tried to click on the jobs on this web site to apply to them and when I click on the "Apply Now" it does not take me to the site. Does anyone know the answer to why this happens? I did not get the impression it is something you have to pay to belong to. Thanks for your help. ...

Medical EFiling Jobs????
Oct 29, 2014

Hello,   Just wondering if anyone works from home doing medical eFiling? If so, what company do you work for and are there any open position? Thanks!! ...

Remote Medical Jobs Company
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Remote Medical Jobs? I've seen several medical transcriptionist job postings by this company over the past several months.  ...

Coding/Medical Billing Jobs?
May 05, 2012

How plentiful are the jobs for coders and medical billers? Currently I am an MT but looking into other career options. Thanks! ...

Medical Transcription Jobs Scams?
May 18, 2013

Does anyone know of medical transcription jobs scams?   Offering jobs, no contracts, HIPPA or other documentation required or at least not initially.....want SS# but does not need a 1099 signed?  six hour time difference...just checking if anyone knows or has experienced? ...

Jobs Based On Medical Insurance
May 12, 2015

If I'm naive about this, I'll apologize up-front but... Perhaps a better alternative to searching for an MT position with a company for the basic right (need) to have medical insurance would be to sign up for Affordable Care Act? Get an IC position with more flexibility, less stress from being over-supervised, and make premium payments out of that income? Seems sad and unnecessary to struggle just to find contentment in a job where medical insurance is the primary reason for putting ...

Any Recent Information On Either Electronic Medical Transcription In Coral Gables Or Alpha Transcrip
Aug 12, 2011

i  have recently been olffered employment and started working for both companies; however, I  am a bit leery still of Alpha according to what I am reading in the archives.  I was told by the recruiter at Alpha (after reading some of the posts here) that they do not pay on VBC.  I started training with them on Tuesday on a non-VA account and of course the few reports I got were all SR.  I am not really happy with this aspect, because I feel at 8/4,  I will ...

Medical Coding - How To Search For Jobs At Home
Jul 21, 2010

Hello, I am a MT and wanted to also do coding, could you please tell me how to search for jobs at home once I am done with school ??  Does anybody have a board for coder jobs thanks so much ...

Oticed A Lot Of Medical Assistant Jobs Looking For EMR Experience
Oct 31, 2012

looks like there may be a place for us MTs to go once MT dies out completely ...

Question: Are Medical Records Clerk Jobs
Mar 17, 2014

I saw one advertised I was interested in, but wondered if the EMR is going to do away with that position, as well.  Thanks for any info! ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Hearing About New Jobs As "medical Scribes."
Aug 13, 2011

I haven't seen any positions in my city and my junior college has nothing on it so far.  Anybody more informed on this??? ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...