A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Excellent resource for taking tests for MTSOs - sm

Posted: Aug 18, 2014

I took a test for an MTSO last week that required extensive knowledge of prefixes, roots, and suffixes.  I found an online resource that resulted in my getting 100% on all 4 sections of the test.  I have to admit that I knew probably 75% of them, but this resource helped me pass all of the tests. 

http://www.globalrph.com/medterm7.htm

However, I haven't heard anything from the company other than "Congratulations!  You passed all 4 tests 100%!"  No actual transcribing test yet. 

Interesting! - Thanks for sharing

[ In Reply To ..]
Very nice resource. Hopefully my MT career will soon be over, but I bookmarked the site anyway because, at heart, I'm still just a word geek. :)

We are never too old to learn. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I love discovering something new, and this was (and will be) the perfect tool!

Resources - Kitty lady

[ In Reply To ..]
This is all stuff that I learned when I became an MT 14 years ago. As an MT we should be familiar with prefixes and suffixes. Good refresher though.

Similar Messages:

Taking Timed Transcription Tests
Jan 29, 2010

Don't you just hate transcription tests that are TIMED and you start listening to the audio,  and the audio is so bad that you just feel and know that you are going to flunk it?   What do you do, then?  Do you continue and count your blessings or do you just exit?   I very much appreciate your answers. thanks! ...

Geez!! Some Of The Tests These MTSOs Give Out
Sep 25, 2012

are ridiculous!!  I want so bad to tell them I am not a doctor!  They expect me to know things that there is no way to know!!  I just got another one of those tests.  Very tempting to tell them what they can do with that test!  They could pay me $100 an hour and I MIGHT try it!  Wow!!  Just wow!  Was going to insert a mad smiley here, but they are not working. ...

How Do You Get Your Foot Pedal To Work When Taking Tests. I Dont Know
Jul 05, 2014

how to do this.  Do you have to download a program or what is it you do.  I cant stand to keep going back over the reports all the time without a foot pedal.   ...

No Longer Taking 2 Hour Tests Without Knowing Rate Of Pay. Join Me?
May 17, 2012

I've made a corporate decision.  For myself. As of 4:00 EST, on May 17, 2012, I will never again apply, or waste 2 unpaid hours of my valuable time testing for ANY company which does not list CPL or hourly pay in their job listing. I will also be submitting my own "EMPLOYER HANDBOOK" to potential employers, addressing wage transparency, full explanation of pay rates, and precise factors by which "hourly" or "minimum" wage amounts are arrived at. I ...

Tests Tests And More Tests.....grrrr
Dec 18, 2014

Applying for a new job is a job in and of itself these days. Is anyone else having this ?? All these tests on these job applications. They are sometimes hours long. Some of these test reports are HARD. They are harder than most I do now. I work for MW now. I don't really have time to go through all these tests for hours and hours for FREE. I'm thinking of just not doing it and forgetting about that particular application. One of them I really was interested in too but what if I do all ...

Ever Get Hired From This Resource?
Sep 07, 2014

There are over 9000 resumes posted.  Does anyone ever get hired from this resource? ...

Med-Tech Resource In Marietta, GA..last Paycheck?
Jul 15, 2010

For those of you who were let go because of Med-Tech losing their only large account, did you get paid today?  I'm getting nervous.  ...

Anyone Have A Good Resource For HIV/AIDS Drugs?
Apr 26, 2014

xx ...

Requirement: Excellent Eye, Hand And Auditory
Feb 06, 2013

When I SEE ads that pay 7 cents a line for IC, I want to put my HANDS over my AUDITORY canals and SCREAM BLOODY HIGHWAY ROBBERY. Take your list of requirements and stuff 'em. ...

I Have Made An Excellent Decision For My Own Sanity...sm
Jul 27, 2013

I have thought about it, did some financial figuring for paying my bills, and researched different schools in my area that offer practcal nursing classes WITH the option to advance to R.N. once working and.... I AM QUITTING within the next 6-7 months.  I HATE HATE HATE NUANCE and everything it stands for, and I am tired of being kicked around and stolen from. There have been SO many MLS quit from just my team, and I can promise you I am going to be the next one to go AS SOON AS HUMANLY POS ...

Excellent Article About The Deterioration Of Notes For Patient Care
Sep 19, 2014

I have always hated it when the doctor crams in every disease the patient has in the first line whether or not the list is relevant to the chief complaint.  I can't think of anything more pointless than having a PA or resident dictate discharges when all he or she does is lift the consultants' impressions and plans and then plug in his or her standard "vital signs remained stable and the patient was discharged in stable condition."  They just chant thru it, as fast as possib ...

An Excellent Spinal Anesthetic Was Induced And Mantained Without Complication Or (s/l Emit)
May 09, 2011

An excellent spinal anesthetic was induced and mantained without complication or (s/l emit).  Also under the heading ANESTHESIA doctor dictates "Final" what does this mean? Thanks for help! ...

Excellent Blog Post On MT Wages (and Transcend Class-action Suit)
May 21, 2012

http://mtanywhere.blogspot.com/2012/05/transcriptionists-file-class-action.html   ...

Wow...Remembering Why I Don't Use This "Resource"
Oct 30, 2012

Came on looking for just a little quick answer and remembered why I quit doing so last year.  I've never seen a bigger group of unhappy people altogether in one place, well, ever!  You should all be ashamed of yourselves, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet saying things in ways you wouldn't dare in person face-to-face, or at least I'm sure were taught was hugely inappropriate when addressing another human being with respect!   We're supposed to be the ...

Lab Tests
Jul 19, 2010

I will be rechecking his intact PTH, s/l calsphos, s/l mag  and renal function. I am guessing it is calcium phosphate and magnesium. Am I wrong? ...

Tests
Sep 17, 2010

The patient has no sleep apnea. Normal sleep study. MRI was negative. Rest of pituitary looked fine including a course stem test. Need help with above term...thanks ...

Req For Tests ????
Mar 26, 2015

"he ordered her some outpatient labs test. She lost the req for this and never went back to him."   Req ???? spelling?   thanks in advance  ...

Urine Tests
Jan 04, 2010

In giving the results of the urine tests, the doc says:   0-5 "highland" casts - is that right? Also, she says negative "ICTA" test - is that right? ...

Ocular Tests
Jan 22, 2010

I have a dictator who dictates the same thing every time and it is fairly clear, but I can't verify it despite looking at a lot of ocular testing sites.  I'm hoping someone here can tell me if I am understanding it correctly.  This is in the context of saccadic eye movements, gaze-hold nystagmus, VOR to slow head movements, VOR to rapid head movements, vergence.  It sounds like, "times 1 viewing" followed by "not tested," but once it was followed by "Patient saw mul ...

Entry Tests
Apr 06, 2010

Will be taking my first employer test. Do you get a chance to skim your test afterward to clean it up, or is it first take goes? Thanks. ...

Neurology Tests See Msg
Jun 10, 2010

neurologist ordered ANA test and line panel.   Is "line" panel correct?  Not saying liver panel. ...

Inscribe Tests
Apr 28, 2011

Has anyone actually been able to get through Inscribe's testing process?  I have tried two times now and it sucks towards the end of the tests.  I must be an IDIOT!  Just curious.... ...

Transcription Tests
Dec 03, 2011

Why in the heck don't employers give you at least some basic instructions for a transcription test? Some want you to format, others don't. Some want you to edit punctuation, etc., others want you to transcribe verbatim. It's very frustrating because they all seem to want something different, yet most don't bother to give instructions.  It's like they expect us to be mindreaders!    ...

Very Frustrated Right Now!! I Have Taken Some Tests
Sep 03, 2012

for MT jobs that were ridiculous as in you basically need to be a doctor to pass, but I took a pretest just to take the coding course and it was ridiculous, as well.  I sure felt like emailing them and saying nevermind, I would not consider taking a course that you have to be a doctor just to do coding!!  Very frustrating!!!! ...

Long Tests
Mar 02, 2013

I got an invitation to test for a transcription company.  This company does not do any doctor's notes, but they do other medical type work such as meetings, etc.  On their site they have 3 tests and you can do all or as many as you feel comfortable doing.  I downloaded one of the tests to check it out and it is almost 30 minutes long.  I am ambivilent about taking such a long test with no compensation just for them to decide if I can do the work.  What do you people ...

Passing Tests
May 14, 2013

15 years radiology experience. Not passing the tests for some reason. No feedback. ...

Lab Tests... Please See Message
Dec 23, 2013

Five s/l PRY/PRIDE nucleotides... TIA ...

Blanks In Tests?
Jun 12, 2015

Do they every throw mistakes in for job testing (that need to blank)?  There were no instructions.   ...

Pass/fail Tests?
Jul 02, 2010

I know that the tests given by MTSOs are from mttest.com and that they are pass/fail tests. Does anyone know what the passing percentage is? One strike, you're out? How does this work? Thanks. ...

How Much Do The Cert. Tests Below Cost?
Apr 02, 2010

nm ...